Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

"I dunno. It's just too... keen-y."

The next day, Hermione was in a foul mood. She had woken up late, didn't have time to eat breakfast, barely made it to ancient runes, and to top it all off, she had Malfoy to look forward to.

She walked in to potions and sat down wordlessly. Malfoy turned to her and smirked. "Hope you studied, Granger. Looks we're making a hard one today, and I need a nap."

She completely ignored him, instead focusing on Professor Snape's lecture about the dangers of the Venomous Tantacula's bite. They would be making an antidote to the plant's poison.

Sensing Hermione's anger, Draco decided to leave her alone, and went to get the supplies himself. He began to chop up Blast-Ended Skrewt tails when Hermione turned to him, entranced by the way his big, yet surprisingly nimble hands worked so quickly.

"You know Malfoy, when you actually try, you have a keen eye for potion-making." He made a face and she knit her eyebrows in confusion. "What? That was a compliment!"

"Keen. I hate that word."

Hermione giggled. "What's wrong with keen?"

Draco flashed her a slight smile and said, "I dunno. It's just too... keen-y."

This time, Hermione full out laughed, and a couple of people around them stopped to look at her. She ignored them and began helping Draco with the tails.

"Alright, no keen. Got it. Any other words I should know about?"

"No, I think that's it. Actually, I hate the word robust. I don't know why, I just don't like it."

Hermione bit her lip to keep from laughing again. "Okay, I'll keep that in mind.

They worked in silence for a couple of minutes, each adding their own separate ingredients. At one point, they both reached to drop an ingredient in, and their hands brushed against each other.

Electricity.

That's the only way Hermione could describe it.

It was literally as if a little spark had ignited between their fingers.

They both pulled back immediately, gasping a little, then blushing a lot. They stared at their hands, then at each other for a moment before quickly turning back to the ingredients.

They both worked doubly as hard for the rest of the lesson, but every few seconds, one of them would side-glance at the other.

And the other always side-glanced back.