Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

Listen.

"Guys, shut up. Sh. Quiet." Brian pressed his index finger to his lips.

"We weren't even talking--" I started, then stopped to Brian hushing me down again.

"Sh. Guys. Shut the fuck up." Brian raised his eyebrow. "Do you guys hear that?"

John put his pastry bag down. "Hear what?"

"Come closer," Brian wadded his hand for John to come over to him. He tapped his fingers on the counter just beside his pastry bag.

"What is it?" John leaned over to Brian.

"Shhhh.. Listen." Brian commanded.

"I can't hear anything--"

"Ha!" Brian screamed squeezing frosting onto John's face.

"Oh, fuck you, Brian!" John scoffed realizing he just got played.

"Dumbass," Brian teased before walking back to the cupcake he was frosting.

John wiped the frosting off his face and wiped it onto the counter.

"No, John, you don't do that!" Stephen scolded taking a dish towel from the rack and handed it to his brother.

John grunted while he took the dish towel from Stephen and wiped the frosting off the counter.

"Aw, look at how much I've influenced you," I playfully slapped his arm.

I guess I did influence him. Six years. I could say I've been living here for six years and counting. I wasn't a neat freak, or a person who has some obsessive compulsive disorder, but there has always been the need for me to tell Stephen or John off when they didn't keep their house clean.

For one thing, John always had Chelle over, and Chelle's an actual girl. Actual girl. That's how the GoBros have compared me and Chelle. I couldn't care less if they lived in a pig sty, I'd sleep there whenever because Stephen's there. But Chelle has exactly what I don't. Obsessive compulsive disorder. If it weren't for her, John wouldn't know how to fold his sheets, or brush his hair, or brush his teeth to be completely relevant.

So I had to make sure that the house was always presentable just in case they had actual girls over.

He bit the corner of his lip. "Yeah."

I leaned over and pecked at his cheek, then got off my seat and walked over to Josh who was also frosting a cupcake next to Brian.

Brian was doing a pretty messy job on his cupcake, he was smearing the pink frosting on the entire counter without the plan of cleaning it after he was done. This was obviously the first time ever in his life that he's held a pastry bag.

Josh, on the other hand, was doing a pretty rad job. He was expertly swirling the frosting onto the cupcake, which made it look very appetizing even though it was pink.

"Josh, remind me again why it had to be pink," Brian asked, setting his pastry bag back onto the messy counter, giving up on his cupcake.

"Because that's all they had," Josh explained for the second time that morning, not even bothering to look up at Brian's weary face.

"That's all you found." John spoke up, walking to one of the cabinets. "We have shitloads of food coloring." He opened up a cabinet and he was right.

There in the cabinet stood small bottles of seemingly dark liquid which I was guessing were probably the colors green, violet, blue, red, yellow, black, and some others.

"Aw, too late, I guess." Josh shrugged the entire thing off.

John walked back to his spot and continued trying to imitate how Josh was frosting.

"And why aren't you frosting?" Brian's eyes darted onto me.

"I have no idea how to fucking spread peanut butter on a slice of bread, Stephen would know, how the fuck do you expect me to know how to frost a cupcake?" I joked.

Stephen got up off his seat and walked behind me, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist. "She got that right,"

"I hate you," I joked again, turning around to meet him eye to eye.

"No, you don't." He pecked at my lips. "You." Peck. "Know." Peck. "You," Peck. "Love." Peck. "Me." Peck.

I pulled off him and looked at Josh, who didn't at all seemed disturbed.

It was nice. Knowing I could be with Stephen without the awkwardness of Josh and Brian being aware.

I got Stephen completely off me and started speaking to Josh. "Give me one of those,"

"These?" He pointed to two empty pastry bags.

"No," I sarcastically answered. Then I nodded. "Yeah, those."

"I'll fill them up for you," John volunteered.

"Sure, thanks." I patiently waited for him to finish.

Then he handed me the pastry bags.

"Here." I handed the other one to Stephen.

"What am I supposed to do with this,"

"Teach me." I suggested, then took a cupcake from the tray beside Brian.

"What makes you think I know how to do this?"

I smiled at his sheepish little grin. "What makes you think I don't know you know how to do this?"

He rolled his eyes. "You got me."
♠ ♠ ♠
hi lol i'm slowing it down a bit