Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

`Cause I Think You're Pretty.

"Sort of," I swallowed the lump in my throat, wishing I just kept my mouth shut.

"Well, I'm not ignoring you," He answered. "It's impossible."

"And you say that why?" I nervously flinched as I felt his hot breath tickling my upper lip.

"`Cause I think you're pretty." He playfully glanced down to my lips, then locked his eyes with mine again. "Besides, I won't be allowed to ignore you, otherwise they'd think I'm too much of a cunt when they notice I'm ignoring you and think I'm some sort of cunt who can't put the past behind him."

"You have the reason, we broke up, remember?" I tried to fight myself from staring straight into his eyes. His beautiful eyes. But I couldn't.

"Well, there's that," He let go of my chin and traced his hand down my arm. He held my hand for a moment, rubbing my knuckles with his thumb. "Then there's the fact that I really wanna try this out," He pried the bottle of soda away from my hand then pulled away.

I moved aside from the cabinet so that he could have an access to what he actually came here from.

He opened the cabinet and took a plastic of a stack of red cups out with one hand then slammed it close with the same hand.

Then he started to walk away.

On confused impulse, I grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. "Try what out?"

He sighed with a small laugh. "You're so dumb."

"Oh yes, now tell me what you mean, you bastard." I impatiently scowled.

"This," He gently set the bottle of soda and the cups on the counter. He came back to me and held my face in his palms. "This," He said again before closing the gap between our lips.

I darted off him. "What?"

"See?" Kennedy laughed.

"I don't get it." I plumped onto a chair by the counter, opening the plastic of cups and taking one off the bundle.

"Of course you don't," He did the same.

I opened the soda, and we both listened to the fizzing sound.

He took the soda from me and poured himself some.

"What was that for? Explain." I commanded as I took the bottle from him and did the same for myself.

"Just making sure you're really in love with Stephen," He took a sip.

"What do you mean by that?" I looked up from my drink.

"The way you just broke that kiss." He smirked at me.

"I can't understand. I don't.." I let my voice trail off before taking a sip from my red cup.

"Well, Stephen can't be your boyfriend and your best friend at the same time," He casually pointed out.

"And?"

"Well, I really wanna try to be your best friend this time." His smirk faded and broke into a serious expression. "I don't know, I mean.."

I watched him gulp down a huge amount of his drink.

Then he spoke up. "We never really got to be friends,"

We never really got to be friends. Of course not. We just liked each other and started going out, refusing to take it nice and slow and never got the chance to be 'just friends'.

"That sounds good," I watched him set his eyes back onto me.

"You think so?" He looked hopeful.

"Yeah, why not?" I smiled.

He smiled back at me.

"Kenny, did you find the--" Jared walked in and we both turned to his direction.

Kennedy and I stared at him for a while.

"Oh." Jared threw his hands up, thinking he may have been ruining one of those cheesy ex-boyfriend-ex-girlfriend moments. "Ohhhh. Okay. Sorry." He ran over to the counter and grabbed the cups then left.

"Good job with that break-up story by the way," I casually complemented him.

He scratched the back of his head. "You know how I do."

"Smart as ever," I stood up.

"Got that right,"

I pecked at his cheek. "Let's go, best friend." I held his hand and led ourselves out back to the living room.

"Sure thing, best friend."
♠ ♠ ♠
hola