Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

She's with Me.

In one swift move, he tugged on my wrist and sent his lips crashing into mine.

I stood there, shocked, really not having seen that coming.

Jawn pulled off before letting me get a chance to even make eye-contact with him. "There, girly, you happy? This is Jess. She's with me. Happy? Please, just back off." Jawn scoffed and finally let himself scream at her. "I hate you and your fucking guts, don't dare show that fucking face of yours to me ever again. And don't you start a scandal."

Charlotte didn't at all look hurt because of what she had heard. Maybe because she was used to it?

She stomped her way away leaving Jawn and I standing there, not really sure of what just happened.

"Jawn, what did you just do." I blankly said, the same time he blankly said "Jess, what did I just do."

"Fuck, I'm sorry Jess. I didn't wanna get physical with her. Fuuuuuck." His eyes were darting everywhere.

That may not have been the right time to think about it, but I couldn't help but appreciate how much of an adult Jawn was acting. He didn't stoop down to Charlotte's level. No, he stood where he was and didn't even get physical with her.

"Stephen's gonna kill me-- No, screw that. Kenny's gonna kill me. Oh fuck, what did I just do," Jawn muttered to himself as he let go and ran both of his hands through his hair. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck,"

I didn't realize until I felt my cheeks burning that I was already mimicking Jawn's movements, and I was soon pulling down on my hair. "No one's gonna find out, that didn't mean anything."

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I know it meant nothing. Fuck, I hate Charlotte and the things she's got me doing, fuck. Fuck. Fuck. But I can't not tell Kenny, he's my best friend. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck, I'm so Goddamn stupid."

"And I can't not tell Stephen. I hate you, Jawn. Fuck you!" I said, not really meaning to offend him.

He shook the entire thing off and was just thinking about how Kennedy was gonna feel. He was repeatedly yelling "Fuck." and he was just trying to sort through his head.

As I was.

He was really concerned with how Kennedy was gonna feel about what he just did, and he knew he couldn't just let it slide and not tell Kennedy. He didn't mean to kiss me. I'm sure. It was on impulse, because of Charlotte.

We stood there for moments frantically trying to pull shit together.

"Hey, what are you guys doing out here?"

We both turned towards the entrance of the bus where Garrett stood.

"Nothing." We both managed to choke out.

We both tried to shake the nervousness off of us as Garrett tore his attention off of our shoes to our faces.

"Did Jawn eat his lunch?" Garrett turned to me.

"Yeah, Kennedy told him to do so otherwise he'd tell his mom." I said a little bit too fast.

Luckily, Garrett didn't notice. "That never not works."

"Because I'm a good boy and I love my mother." Jawn proudly confirmed.

"Alright." Garrett gave in. "Pat and I are going out to get some Slurpees or something, you guys wanna come with?"

We both shook our heads. "No thanks."

"Alright."

A second after, Pat appeared by his side and they started walking off.

Then I remembered that Tim said something about the bus having to leave at 2, so I yelled after them. "Bus leaves at two, be back!"

"Yeah!" They yelled as they both glanced back then completely left.

--

After about 30 minutes of Jawn and I contemplating in awkward silence about how we were gonna pull that shit together in the warm road, Pat came running back.

Before Jawn could even question where Garrett was, Pat was already saying something.

"Jawn, Jawn, we saw Charlotte. Ewwww." Pat looked down.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked, thinking that if I were asked my own question, I'd answer with a big 'everything.'

"She's a bad person." Pat continued to look down and started playing with his fingers.

"Pat, there you are!" Garrett came towards us, panting and gasping for air with what I would've guessed was Pat's drink in his hand. "I told you never to run off like that!"

"But Charlotte was there, she's scary." Pat innocently scoffed. "I'm sorry."

"What's Charlotte doing here anyway?" Garrett shook his head and handed Pat his drink.

Jawn shot his eyebrows up as he thought of an excuse. "Coincidence, I guess."

"Oh." Pat shrugged. "Okay."

Garrett and Pat soon disappeared into the bus, leaving Jawn and me relieved that they didn't suspect a thing.

"Let's just forget it ever happened, alright?" Jawn finally spoke up.

I nodded. "Agreed."
♠ ♠ ♠
early update!

thank you to ode to infinity. for your guess, but jawn wouldn't stoop so low c: thank you!

and to ihatemakingthese! i'd like to congratulate you for guessing. they didn't make out tho :/ but you were right either way!

and to any one else of you who read this but had guesses in mind and were too stubborn to tell me what you were thinking.. can you pleeeeeeease tell me you didn't see that coming? c; or something just comment let me know who you are so i could tell you how much i love you properly c:

and yeah thanks for reading