Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

You Gotta Eat Something.

"There you are!" Jared said, looking up from his chair in the joint.

I squirmed realizing Kennedy and I were late.

"Look who decided to finally show up," Stephen mumbled, taking a spoonful of whatever into his mouth.

I felt the rest of my band mates glaring at me too.

Kennedy pulled out a seat for me to sit on, soon after doing the same for himself.

"And where have you two been?" Jared asked with a tone suspiciousness.

I felt my cheeks turn red, deciding that I wasn't gonna admit just why Kennedy and I were late.

"They were probably making out and shit." Stephen spoke up again.

"Dude, fuck off--" Kennedy said, getting impatient with him, but he was cut off by Stephen again.

"No, Kennedy! You fuck off!" Stephen yelled.

I wanted to tell him to just stop but he was actually right about what Kennedy and I had been doing.

"Okay, guys. Shut up. Both of you. Or else you'll end up making another scene." Jawn calmly said while waving his palms in front of their faces.

Stephen and Kennedy rolled their eyes.

Jawn looked at me. "What do you want? I'll order."

"I'm not hungry." I turned his offer down, trying my hardest to be polite.

"No, seriously--" Jawn started getting up, but I grabbed his wrist and pulled him back down.

"No, seriously." I mocked.

"Okay then." Jawn laughed. "Just tell me when you wanna order something." He looked over at Kennedy. "And you?"

"I'll just go get a soda or something," Kennedy answered, getting off his seat. He walked over to mine and put his hands on my shoulders, leaning down and whispering, "Anything you want?"

"I said I'm not hungry." I muttered.

"Okay." Kennedy gave me a kiss on my cheek then left for the counter.

Which wasn't the smartest move he could've or should've made in front of the rest of us.

Stephen rolled his eyes at us while the rest of my band mates did the same.

The rest of The Maine, I could feel it, was feeling sorry for me, and what was going on, and how my band mates were treating me, but they knew they should just mind their own businesses and not poke their noses into places they know they might only make things worse.

Worse than they already were.

Soon, Kennedy came back with a couple of cans of soda.

And as I felt intuition for, Kennedy gave me the other one.

I smiled at him. "Thanks."

"Sure." He took his seat back.

Everything was so terrible. Everything was so awkward. The only thing that made me feel better while I was at that table with 9 other guys was knowing how much self-control I had not to have jolted out of there the moment Stephen spoke. And there was also knowing that at least one of those guys loved me, and Kennedy was just that.

"Jess?" Kennedy waved a hand in front of my face.

"What?" My head darted towards his direction, making me realize I had been zoning out for I don't know how long then.

"You gotta eat something." Kennedy looked down at his plate.

"I'm really not hungry." I said quietly.

"Well, Kennedy's right." Jawn spoke up. "Come on, Jess, you gotta eat something--"

"She said she wasn't hungry." Stephen said, putting his fork down rather angrily, it made a clang onto his plate.

All eyes fell on Stephen.

He soon realized that then spoke up again. "What the fuck, you guys. I'm hungry, and now I don't have the fucking appetite. And you know what? I actually never had the appetite with that bitch here--"

"Stephen, fuck off." Kennedy got up.

"No, Kennedy! You fuck off!" Stephen yelled.

That was exactly what happened when we got there, and I couldn't believe it was happening again. I couldn't believe it was even happening in the first place.

"Stephen, just because she--"

Stephen didn't even let Kennedy finish when he answered back. "Shut the fuck up, Kennedy! This isn't about that anymore! I don't give a fuck, she can go fuck herself with a rake for all I care--"

"Stephen, stop, you're making a scene," Jawn tried to calm him down.

"I don't care if I'm making a fucking scene!" Stephen pushed himself off his chair quickly, letting it fall down. "I don't fucking care if I get thrown out of this fucking place! Kennedy needs to stop minding other people's business--"

And he stopped to Kennedy punching him in the mouth.

I shot up from my chair and tried to pull Kennedy away. "Kennedy, stop.." I whispered.

"No, Jess. He's being an unfair dick to you, I can't take that--"

"He has every right to!" I cried.

Stephen punched him back.

"Oh God, I'm out of here." Kennedy muttered, walking out.

"Kennedy--"

"Wow." Stephen sarcastically cheered, wiping blood off his mouth with the back of his hand. "Your bastard just fucking punched me in the face and it's still him you wanna go after. Fuck you, Jess. Fuck you." He said in a calm tone then briskly walked out the joint, keeping a humongous distance between him and Kennedy.

John shot me an angry look and followed his brother.

Soon Josh and Brian left too.

Jawn looked shocked.

"Jess--" Pat started.

I felt tears trickling down my face. "I don't know what to do anymore."
♠ ♠ ♠
stephen's a dick