Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

That Was Odd.

"Hey, Gare bear," Pat greeted him as he entered the living room area of the bus.

"Shut up, Pat." Garrett angrily answered.

"What's wrong, baby?" Pat joked, standing up to give him a hug or something.

"Pat, get off, I'm not in the mood." Garrett gently pushed him away.

"Garrett--"

"Look, Pat." He tried to smile at him, putting his hands on his shoulders. "I'm really really pissed and tired right now, and I'm just going to take a nap. Don't take it the wrong way, okay?"

Pat nodded.

"I'll see you later." He said as he disappeared into the bunk area of their bus.

I went over to The Maine's tour bus as soon as I got up and freshened up because I wanted to be with Kennedy for a while, to be with someone who could actually stand me. The atmosphere back at The Summer Set's tour bus was awkward and warm and uncomfortable, and I couldn't stand to see the four boys I loved the most glaring at me every single time their eyesight caught me.

Kennedy wasn't there so I ended up hanging out with Pat.

"That was odd." Pat sat back down next to me.

The entire idea of you and Garrett is odd. I wanted to tell him, but decided not to risk offending him. So instead, I said "Yeah. But I've been feeling pissed and tired every single second since tour started so.." My voice trailed off to Pat tilting his head at me.

"Oh, no. Continue." Pat tucked his hair behind his ears. "I mean.. If you, like.. Wanna talk about it or something."

"I don't know." I heaved a heavy sigh recalling everything that's happened the past few days.

"Come on." He put his hand on one of my knees. "Tell me about Stephen."

"You should know he's been my best friend since.. Like.. Middle school or something." I quietly said.

"And Kennedy?"

I stared at my hands. "We dated back then."

"Yeah, you mentioned that.." Pat laughed. "And how did Stephen feel about it?"

How did Stephen feel about it?

"He didn't, I guess." I felt myself laugh at the idea. "He's the one who introduced me to Kennedy the first place and shit."

"And when did this whole 'thing' between you and Stephen start?"

"There was no 'thing' between me and Stephen." I answered almost in an instant.

"He sure thought there was."

I looked up at Pat to see that he was shooting his eyebrows a bit upward, his lips pursed.

"I don't know. I.. Just.. Never thought of him that way." I bit my lip.

"Go on." Pat eagerly waited for me to continue.

And for some reason, I let everything out. Pat just made me feel secure and he seemed trustworthy.

I soon became lost in my own stories, slowly making everything clear to Pat. He was a very good listener, let me tell you. And he didn't give any offending side-comments. I slowly started sobbing and tears slowly started forming, and everything was hurting again.

"And then Stephen just--" I ate my words realizing Pat had already wrapped his arms around me, letting me cry into his chest.. "Wait."

"What?" He looked down at me.

"Why are you doing this," I pried myself out of his arms,

"Doing what?" He asked innocently.

"That. Listening to me." I sniffed. "Letting me pour my heart out."

"Well," He smirked, soon taking me into his arms again. "I was just thinking you needed to let this out on someone who isn't gonna judge you,"

"You're not gonna judge me?"

"I barely know you, I don't have the right to."

I felt myself smile.

"Jess?"

I pulled back from Pat to see Kennedy at the entrance of the area.

He rushed to me the moment he saw that I was crying. "Babe, what's wrong?" He eyed Pat. "Did he make you cry?"

"No. He.." I showed him a smile I was trying to make sure didn't look forced onto me. "It's nothing, really."

"Are you sure?" He gave me a short sweet simple kiss on my forehead.

I nodded.

"Pat?" Garrett reappeared at the other end of the room.

"Yes?" Pat got up and walked over to them.

"I couldn't get any fucking sleep. Even thought I barely tried." He sighed. "Dude, I'm--" Garrett started, then stopped when Pat put his arms around him.

And it wasn't this bro manly hug thing. It was a sincere hug, Pat's sincere attempt to make Garrett feel better.

I didn't know why, but seeing that made me feel all warm inside.. If that even made sense.

"I'm sorry, I'm just.. You know.. Pissed. Thanks though, Pat." Garrett smiled.

"Let's just go eat something.." Pat's voice trailed off as both he and Garrett went off.

"Jess, what are you doing here though?" Kennedy bluntly asked me as he wiped those tears that kept coming.

"Nothing." I flashed him a weak smile.

"Aren't you supposed to be getting ready or something `cause we're going out tonight?"

I wanted him to emphasize 'we' as just the two of us, Kennedy and me, but I knew he meant his band and mine. Just one more 'bonding dinner' before tour really took off, and that time, Jawn arranged it.

I stood up and looked down on what I was wearing. "I look presentable enough, don't I?"

"Right." He stood up and held my face in his hands. "Jess, it's okay." He kissed my forehead.

"I hope you're not just saying that." I mumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi