Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

That Stings.

Jared was about to say something, but he stopped when he heard his name being called by Kennedy. "Jared, where are you?!"

He shrugged and went off to see what Kennedy wanted, but he didn't leave before assuring me and Jawn that he wasn't going to tell anybody about what was going on between us.

I didn't wanna look at Jawn.

But he made me by awkwardly holding my hand. "Doll, I don't want you to get mad at me."

"Do you think I want to get mad at you?" I sighed. "I can't fucking help it."

"You can help it, doll."

"No I can't,"

"You're stronger than that."

"You don't know me," I shook his hand off.

"I'm trying!" He exclaimed. Then he lowered his voice. "I'm trying to know you, I wanna know you,"

I looked at him. "What?"

"Nothing. Forget what I just said. Okay? Forget it." He nodded. "Yeah. Forget it."

"I don't wanna forget what you just said." I muttered.

"Forget it," He whined. "I didn't know what I was saying."

"Oh." I sucked in my lips.

"Look, I care about you, okay?" Jawn glanced at me. "And I do think you're stronger than that."

I turned to see him just fumbling with his fingers.

"I care about you." He repeated. "I don't mean to hurt you, I don't want to hurt you."

I watched him look back at me.

"I really do care about you, I hope you know how hard it is for me to be honest like this to you."

"What makes it hard for you to be honest,"

"Everything." He mumbled in response. "Look, I know we got off on the wrong foot. I mean. Just look, okay. I'm not gonna hurt you."

"You already did."

He sighed. "I meant I don't mean to hurt you."

"No one ever means to hurt me. But everyone does anyway."

"You don't have to be scared. Just stop being scared."

"Scared? Of what?"

"Scared of letting me in." He reached over to me and tangled his fingers in the hair at the back of my head. He pulled himself closer to me and planted a kiss on my forehead. "Just let me in, doll."

"I don't need any more drama in my life for now."

"That stings." He let out a raspy laugh as he let me go and pulled away. "You know, what, doll, just.. Forget it."

"You're confusing me."

"Whatever. Doll, don't even forgive me for what happened this morning. I fucked it up, I know. I'm sorry. I am so sorry." He started walking off but he slowed himself down. He forced on a smile, then failed after a split second. Then he left.

"God, what just happened?" I muttered to myself as I exited after he did.

--

"How many times do I have to tell you, love," I made him look at me. "I'm fine."

"How many times do I have to tell you, love," He mimicked. "I know you."

"Well, you know me well enough to know that I just don't wanna talk about it anymore." I smiled at him. "I love you, though."

"Love, can you be honest with me for a second here?" He stopped the both of us from walking. He held my face in his palms and looked into my eyes. "Are you okay?"

I wasn't about to lie to him. I had to think of a response that wasn't going to bend the truth. I bit my lip, then answered. "I think I am."

"Playing safe," Stephen stated exactly what I was doing. "Good call, love."

"But I was being honest. You told me to be honest."

He let me go. "You think you're okay?"

I nodded. "What did I just say?"

"I don't know. There's.. There's just something that's.. I don't know."

"What?" I laughed.

"Aw, don't laugh." He tilted his head. "I'm serious, there's something telling me you're not okay."

I then followed his motion and tilted my head at him as well. "I don't understand."

"Neither do I,"

"Stephen!"

Stephen and I looked at Garrett who was running to us.

Garrett smiled as he stopped. "Our set starts in five minutes."

"Why aren't you backstage?" I asked.

"You guys are supposed to be there." Garrett pouted.

"Why," I groaned.

Stephen smirked as he tugged onto my hand. "Come on, love, let's do Garrett this one favor."

"You have to be there." Garrett pouted some more.

"What happens if I run off right now," I joked.

"Pat will cry. And we don't want that, do we?"

"No, we don't." Stephen answered for me. "Come on, love."
♠ ♠ ♠
filler-ish
just wanna thank those people who helped me get to a hundred comments lol feels good man haha loe u all
and even if you don't comment well thanks for reading anyway loe u too c:
i'm starting to think jawn has a crush on jess and I'M the one writing the story
what am i doing with my life hahahahahhaha
comments? c: c: