Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

You Talk Too Much.

"Okay, what did you do to her?" Jared stopped Jawn as they were starting to exit the other bunk area.

"What do you mean what did I do to her?" Jawn narrowed his eyebrows at Jared.

Jared crossed his arms. "What did you do to Jess?"

"What makes you think I did anything to her?"

"I'm not stupid, Jawn. It was the way you two were answering each other out there. I don't know if everyone else noticed, but I definitely did."

Jawn scratched his head. "We just had a bad morning. Both of us."

Jared shifted his weight from one leg to another. "Tell me more."

"No." Jawn started walking off again.

Jared forced him to stop by clinging onto his wrist tightly. "Cornelius, you're in trouble, aren't you?"

He was about to nod when he spotted me at the other door. He sighed. "Not yet."

"The trouble at breakfast wasn't just about spilled milk, was it?"

"It was somuch more than that."

I decided to be part of it.

It already involved me, so I just walked over to Jared, who eyed me suspiciously.

Jawn ran his fingers through his messy hair. "Jared,"

Jared stopped him. "Do you trust me?"

"I don't have a choice." Jawn sighed.

"Answer the fucking question, what's wrong with you?" I rolled my eyes at Jawn, and looked at Jared. "I don't know about this dickhead, but I trust you."

Jared looked at Jawn. "Do you trust me?" He asked again.

"Yes," Jawn groaned. "I trust you."

"Alright." Jared nodded. "I suspect you two're.. Dating? Maybe, I don't know."

Jawn and I looked at each other, then at Jared.

"We're not."

"I thought you trusted me." Jared said, as if he detected lies.

"We do trust you." Jawn quietly affirmed. "Jess and I are not dating."

"Okay?" Jared shook his head and changed the topic. "What happened this morning?"

I felt a sarcastic smile form involuntarily on my face. "Ask him." I pointed at Jawn.

"Oh, nice! So you're just gonna blame me for everything that happened this morning?!"

By screaming that, he just lit a fucking bomb and we both exploded.

"You can't blame me! Do you think I wanted to kiss you?!"

"You can't blame me either, do you think I wanted you to wanna kiss me?!"

"Oh God, Jawn, did you wanna kiss me?!"

"I wanted to get up from the fucking floor!"

"Well, you didn't have to kiss me to do it--"

"You were in the fucking way--"

"I wanted to fucking help you--"

"It was a fucking bowl of cereal--"

"And milk--"

"I could've done it on my own--"

"You tripped over a fucking algebra book, now you're trying to convince me you had the capacity to get up on your own--"

"What was the algebra book doing on the fucking floor in the first place--"

"At least thank me for trying to help you--"

"I didn't need any of your fucking help--"

"You're calling me out for trying to fucking help you, Jawn, is that fucking reasonable?! I was just trying to help you--"

And as if Jared wasn't there watching us argue, Jawn just pulled me close and shut me up by pressing his lips onto mine.

The fact that I didn't see that coming wasn't anything compared to the fact that Jared was there and Jawn didn't care when it came to making me feel weak in the knees. "What did you have to do that for," I looked down.

"Doll, you.." He closed his eyes, then made me look into them. "You talk too much."

"Is that another reason why Kenny couldn't take me," I mumbled.

"Doll, I didn't mean to say that, and I didn't mean to hurt you. I'll say this for the nth time this morning, okay: I'm sorry. I'm fucking sorry. I don't know why I said what I did, okay, but I didn't mean to make you cry." His voice cracked. "I didn't mean to call you a drama queen, I didn't mean to yell at you."

"But you did. It never matters whether you mean to do something or not.. If you do it anyway.. What's the point? And you hurt me." I muttered.

"I'm sorry." He sighed. "I know I can't take it back anymore. But I can be sorry for saying it, right? Doll, I really am sorry."

"But did you mean it?" I pouted. "Do you think I'm moody? Is that one of the reasons Kenny--"

"Sh, doll. No, I didn't mean it. You're not moody, you're just helpful. We all have our pet peeves. And no, okay. What I said about Kenny had no reference." He gently let me go. "You know what, don't even forgive me."

"Cornelius, you bitch." Jared said, breaking the scene. "That's what he did to you?"

I nodded.

Jared started nodding as well which told me that he had started absorbing what he just found out, then his face broke into surprise. "Jawn, you told me you two weren't dating."

"We're not." He said again.

"But you kissed her." Jared pointed out.

"Because she was talking too much--"

"You kissed her this morning too." Jared wanted Jawn to clarify. "What is going on?!"

"Uhm, we're--" I started but Jawn cut me off.

"Doll, let me explain everything."

I shrugged.

"Jar, you've heard that Charlotte's been following us this tour, right?"

"Kenny's mentioned it a couple of times."

"Okay," Jawn contemplated for a couple of seconds on how he was gonna say it. "We're protecting Kenny from Charlotte, alright?"

Jared squinted. "What?"

Jawn licked his lips. "Alright, Jess and I are," He put air quotes. "Dating to keep Charlotte away."

"It makes sense." Jared commented.

"It does?" Jawn and I asked at the same time.

"Hell yeah, it does." Jared assured. "How long's this been going on?"

"I don't know." Jawn answered.

"How long do you plan on keeping it up?"

"I.." Jawn bit his lip. "I don't know."
♠ ♠ ♠
aw jawn kissed her again
look at all the fucks you guys give
i wanna thank ode to infinity. c: you rock bro thanks for commenting heh you're awesome i loe u bro c:
uhm if you wanna leave comments you know just go
if not well okay then whatever hahaha as long as you're enjoying the silent reading and the silent treatment you're giving me lol jk
ha ok