Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

Sweet?

"That was sweet, what you did out there." I nudged Garrett as we crawled the bus stairs.

"Sweet?" Garrett looked back at me.

"Sweet." I nodded as we continued.

"Sweet as in, Aw, look, a puppy and a kitten hugging! That's so sweet! sweet? or sweet boyfriend girlfriend shit sweet?"

"Uhm," I pretended to have stared at my options. "Sweet best friend best friend shit sweet."

He plumped onto the couch. "Okay."

"Okay?" I asked as I sat next to him.

"Yeah, okay." He shrugged. Then he sprawled across the couch, putting his feet on my lap.

I stared at his feet for a while, then he pushed them off of my lap.

"Sorry," He said abruptly. "Uhm, it's just I always do that to Pat."

"Oh." I let out a laugh. "Cute."

"Do you think Pat liked it?" Garrett pulled his legs to himself and kicked his shoes off.

"Your feet are heavy."

"No, not that." Garrett stared at his socks, trying to decide if he should take them off or not.

"Oh, the whole pinky-promise thing?"

Garrett reluctantly nodded while chewing on his lip.

"Yeah, why wouldn't he like it?"

He stopped chewing on his lip and looked up. "Talking about my feelings isn't my thing."

"You did a good job." I patted his back.

Garrett stuck out his lower lip. "I don't wanna get in trouble with Tim anymore."

"Why do you care what Tim thinks?"

"`Cause he's Pat's brother, dude, I don't wanna throw bad shots at him."

"Then why'd you yell at him last night?"

"Because he was getting on my nerves, okay, I was irritated because Pat and I were supposed to stay up and watch Zombieland but he forgot and fell asleep and Tim was just all in my face." Garrett scoffed.

"Oh."

"Yeah, short temper sucks." He managed to grin. "Just wish I had temper at least a couple of millimeters when it comes to Tim."

"What's that song of yours? It.. I don't know, I heard you guys practicing it one time. And I don't know a ton of your guys's song, I'm a bad The Maine fan. It goes.. Don't listen to the world,"

"They say we're never gonna make it." He sang along. "Don't listen to your friends. They would've never let us start."

"Don't listen to the voices in your head,"

"Listen to your heart." Garrett finished. "Listen To Your Heart's the song."

"Try it sometimes, it could work." I joked.

"I don't know what we were thinking when we wrote that song, Jess." Garrett clumsily laughed. "We're gonna continue recording our new album after this tour, it'll be rad."

"You already started?"

He nodded. "Uhm," He started counting some things on his fingers. "We've got about four finished songs so far. We've got Right Girl in pre-production, and everything else's gonna follow. Nice, right?"

Before I could've agreed, Jawn and the other guys flooded in, their breaths were heavy and they were all sweaty.

"What happened to you guys?" Garrett asked.

"We had," Stephen clutched onto his chest. "A," He panted. "Fucking," Pant. "Race."

"We ran our way over here, we're fine," Garrett boasted.

"Well, you two weren't trying to knock each other down." Jawn said as he tried to catch his breath.

"You know, your voice sounds sexy when you're out of breath." I pretended to complement Jawn as I walked to Stephen.

"When does it not sound sexy, doll?" Jawn let out a shaky laugh as he went off.

I tilted my head at Stephen. "Love, do you want me to get you some water?"

"I'm fine." He tried to smile at me.

"Breathe," I laughed.

"How can I when you're so bloody close to me," He muttered with a smirk.

I pecked at his cheek. "I'll go get you a shirt to change to,"

"He's your boyfriend, not your kid, Jess." Kennedy joked as he took his shirt off and threw it at Garrett's face.

"Dude," Garrett called as he shook the shirt off without touching it.

"Whatever." I poked the side of Kennedy's stomach as we went to the bunk area.

I went to Stephen's bunk and looked for his bag when I saw his phone was lighting up.

"Stephen, are you aware you left your--" I started to look out then I realized he didn't follow me.

I took a bag from the feet of his bunk and took a loose shirt out, then I picked up his phone.

"Absolutely." Stephen beamed at Garrett, whose feet were then on Pat's lap.

Pat was also beaming. "Best friend in the world, am I right or am I right?!" Pat exclaimed.

"Sure?" Stephen said with a tone of questioning.

"Here," I handed Stephen his shirt.

"Thanks, love." He winked as he replaced the shirt he was wearing with the fresh one I just gave him.

"You also left your phone." I flashed it at him.

"Someone's calling?" He took it from me and answered. "Hello."

I wondered who it was on the other line.

"Oh. Oh! Hey, yeah. I remember you. Uhm. Don't mind my asking, but where did you get my number? ...Oh. Alright. Hi."

"Who's it, love?" I casually asked.

"Charlotte." Stephen smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
jess thinks what garrett did for pat is sweet aw
jess told jawn his voice was sexy haha
aaaand charlotte got stephen's number and called him
hollaaaa