Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

I'm Never Getting Over You.

"Kennedy, stop." I tried to push him off.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Kennedy pulled his lips off mine.

"This. This is wrong."

"What's the fun in always doing what's right?" He kissed me again.

"You're drunk, please just stop." I cried.

He groaned. "Ah, babe, I am never gonna get over you."

"Stop," I tried to push him off again.

"Babe, remember when we made out in the chemistry lab and were tardy for algebra?"

"Kennedy--"

"You know, I never really liked algebra. But I had to figure it out if I wanted to help you. I didn't like math with Stephen last tour. Just.. Doing math felt so nostalgic. So I let myself feel nostalgic. Feeling nostalgic feels good,"

"Kennedy--"

"Babe, remember when you started crying over how much homework Missus Garcia gave you?"

"Kennedy--"

"Babe, remember science fair and you and Stephen fought over a potato battery and a baking soda volcano? It was hilarious, actually. When you came crying to me, I had to fight the urge to laugh at how stupid what you were fighting over was.."

"Kennedy--"

"And I came to your rescue." He mumbled against my neck. "Remember when we almost had sex,"

"Kennedy--"

"Remember?"

"I do remember.. Please stop now."

"Babe, do you miss me?"

"Kennedy--"

"Do you miss me? Do you miss those young love dumb love episodes we used to have? Do you miss our fighting and yelling at each other?"

"Kenn--"

"Because.. I do. I miss those times. I miss you. I wish I never broke up with you. Now you're with Stephen, and you cheated on him with Jawn."

"Kennedy--"

"I love it when you say my name. Say it again."

"Kennedy."

"Ah, you don't know how good it feels to hear my name from you."

"Ken--"

"Mhm," Kennedy detatched his lips from my neck and brought them up to my forehead. "I miss you."

"We're best friends, right?" I swiped a tear falling from my eye. "Why do you miss me,"

"Because you're not mine anymore."

"I'm still yours. I'm your best friend."

"Enough of that cheesy shit, babe." He looked into my eyes. "So you're turning twenty in three hours."

"Please stop."

"Can't stop, won't stop, babe." Kennedy joked. "I love you."

"Kennedy--"

"Fine, babe." He got up and pulled me up with him. He kissed me one more time. "You can go. Just.. Just know I'm never getting over you."

"Kennedy,"

"This is the last time you're ever gonna hear this from me: I love you."

"Kennedy,"

"That's the last time I'm ever gonna tell you I love you. I'm never going to get over you. You're always gonna be here in my heart, and I am confident that I am never going to find someone as amazing," He put my hair behind my ears with his fingers. "And as beautiful as you are. No one is ever gonna take your place in my heart. You're the only girl I've ever loved, and you're the only girl I'm ever gonna love this much. I am never going to get over you. I love you. But.. I'm letting you go."

I started crying harder.

"Babe, don't cry anymore. Stop crying. Does it hurt for you to hear I'm letting you go? Don't be sad." He pouted. "Is it because you weren't there when I had my first drink? You weren't there the first time I ever got drunk? You weren't there when I had my first hangover? And so you never really knew what I was like when I was drunk.. You don't like it when I'm drunk? Just kidding, babe, I know you won't like me when I'm drunk. The drunk me is an asshole."

I watched him wipe my tears off.

"Stop crying, babe." He leaned in. "Stop crying. It's simple. This is just me letting you go, you're not supposed to be crying. You're supposed to be happy."

I looked into his eyes.

"Good thing you're sober."

"What's so good about it?"

"You won't forget this happened. While I definitely will. I'll forget this when I wake up tomorrow. But you.. You won't forget this."

"But,"

"Ah, babe. Just stop crying." He wiped up more of my tears. "Cry over math homework, cry over a potato battery.. But babe.. Don't you ever cry over me."

"Kennedy,"

"I'm letting you go, babe. I'm never getting over you, but.. I'm letting you go."

"Kennedy,"

"I love you." He kissed me. "Goodbye."

He gently pushed me out of the guest room. "I love love love love love you. Bye."

There was no point in staying.

Either I stayed and broke down or left him to have at least a percentage of my composure intact.

I went downstairs in tears, but I only started crying harder when I saw Garrett was right.

Stephen was making out with Charlotte.
♠ ♠ ♠
that is why kennedy enjoyed math a lot
because it reminded him of jess and it made him feel nostalgic
yeah okay
hi