Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Darkness

Black Star

As I sat in the common room on the night I watched the flames dance on the fireplace, my concentration on them fully until I heard the door close upstairs.

I looked back and saw Harry walked down,
“Out on a little night venture?” I smirked,
“Maybe,” Harry replied,
“Be careful… running around this castle by yourself wouldn’t be the best move to make since Sirius is out for you and he was recently in the castle.” I explained and looked at Harry.

Harry nodded and walked out the room, I frowned and looked back at the fire.

* * *


The portrait opened and I saw Harry walk back in,
“Get caught?” I asked, Harry nodded and sat next to me.

“You should get some sleep,” I spoke,
“I’m not tired at the moment,” Harry replied, I smiled as he looked at the fire.

“Don’t you find it boring every night, down here by yourself?” Harry asked, I shook my head,
“Nope… sometimes I sneak out of here and go to the Astronomy tower… I love looking at the stars,” I explained, Harry smiled, “I feel like a Black star a the moment… amongst all you white ones…” I explained, Harry looked at me confused.

“A black star?” he asked,
“Sorry… my mum called me black star when I was younger. It basically means that I’m unique from everybody else in this castle… just like all stars in the night sky shine white, everybody in this castle has some magical gift, though… I have something more… my vampire qualities… which changes my simple white star to a black one because I’m mysterious to the rest of the stars…” I explained, Harry smiled.

* * *


“Broaden your minds. You must look beyond. The art of crystal gazing is in the clearing of the Inner Eye. Only then can you see. Try again.” Trelawney walked around the room.

I was watching Harry every now and again from where I was.

I smiled to myself.

Harry had been here for me a lot this year.

Since everybody started hating me and calling me names… Though one girl stood near me who surprised me.

Cho, she was still friends with me even though she knew I was a vampire.

We both sat in Divination together making a few jokes every now and then.

I noticed quickly that Hermione’s temper rose and she stormed out of the room.

“What’s up with her?” Cho asked,
“I think Trelawney said something to upset her… Hermione doesn’t like Divination as it is…” I explained,
“Oh…” Cho nodded.

* * *


Leaving the classroom I caught up with Ron and Harry to hear them talking about Hermione.

“Hang on.” Harry stopped, I stopped just behind him as he picked up the crystal ball that Hermione knocked over.

Harry turned around and saw I was right behind him.

“Sorry,” I spoke,
“No problem, excuse me. See you later.” Harry spoke, I stepped back as he went past and up the stairs,
“See you.” Ron spoke,
“Bye.” I waved, Ron looked at me confused, “What?” I asked with my eyebrows furrowed,
“Nothing,” Ron shook his head,
“Seriously, what?” I asked getting confused.

As we got to the bottom I felt a strange aura in the air, something different,
“Mei?” Ron looked at me,
“Something is going on upstairs…” I spoke,
“Is it bad?” Ron asked,
“It doesn’t feel bad… just… strange…” I replied,
“Strange? You’re saying something feels strange at Hogwarts?” Ron raised an eyebrow,
“You know what I mean… more strange then usual.” I said, then it stopped.

I looked up and saw Harry running down the stairs.