‹ Prequel: Snared.
Status: On the back burner but Comment for faster chapters, yeah?

Lost.

Chapter 4: Battle in Foreman Forest

I breathed in and out, trying to stay calm. But the freaking fog wasn’t really helping me in that aspect, was not helping me one fucking bit.

“This is like my dream,” Massie sniffled behind me, “Then the wolves are going to come jumping out!”

I turned to look at her, “ Massie. Are there a lot of wolves in here?” I asked gently as I grabbed her by the shoulders.

“Not a lot. But one chased me last night. I ran away but I-I fell into the freaking river. I should’ve died.” She sobbed quietly once more.

She’s really terrified.

Can wolves really be that big? Would they even attack people for no reason at all? The only thing that we were doing was having a party in the middle of the forest. We weren’t trashing it or anything.

We weren’t setting trees on fire- Or something.

“We need to get out of here. Do you know which way we have to head towards?” I asked her in the most sincere voice ever. She’s in no position for me to be yelling at her right now. She nodded her head and pointed slightly northeast, “Towns that way.”

I grabbed her hand and began running in the direction that she had pointed. The fog is giving me a creepy sensation and I can’t shake off this uneasy feeling, a feeling of like dread. And this is why I don’t go into freaking forests.

“Why does every fucking tree have to look the same?” I muttered under my breath. I heard something not too far off and I stopped dead in my tracks. Massie looked up at my questioningly.

“Shhh, did you hear that?” I whispered. She shook her head, “Sounds like a dog loudly panting.”

She looked at me with her wide eyes full of fear, “Wolves.” They’re coming straight at us.

“Shit.” I tightened my grip on her hand and began running even faster with her trailing behind me. I could run even faster, but that would mean leaving Massie behind and she’s just a kid. I can’t do that to her. That would be the same as letting little Mary (girl with the candy at the bus stop) enter the forest to retrieve her ball alone. So I just kept pulling her along.

The panting got louder, it was like it was right next to my ear.

That was when a giant blur came out of the bushes and tackled me. It knocked me straight to the floor, letting go of Massies hand who was screaming bloody murder so loudly I think everyone in Town heard her.

It must’ve hurt the giant wolf-dog-thing’s ears because he went from growling at me to snapping at Massie. It quickly turned to take a bite out of her, when Massie took a step back and fell backwards to a small hole where she was protected by a trees roots and a giant rock. She was stuck. The wolf-dog-thing couldn’t reach her no matter how hard it chopped its teeth at her and the roots.

She was still screaming her head off though.

Dizzy, I got up and reached for the closest throw able thing, “Hey!” I screamed and I chucked it at the wolf.

It was a stick.

What the fuck is a piece of wood going to do to a giant fucking wolf?

Distract him.

The wolf stopped snapping at Massie and turned towards me. It growled and I was suddenly scared for my own life. It bared its teeth at my before it lunged at my stomach. I was clawing at is eyes before I felt its teeth quickly sink into my flesh. I felt the pain as my blood was oozing right out of me. I felt part of my stomach deteriorate as the wolf shook its head.

I felt all of the immense pain.

It stung as if a thousand wasps simultaneously decided to sting me at the same time.

Is this how I’m going to die?

Without my friends? Trying to protect some girl I had just met?

I saw my friends flash before me- all my boys in their best moments with their brightest smiles. How I will miss them.

Then my family flashed in, and I saw my little sister Lacena smiling up at me. I saw my parents and I felt all that hate that I had stored within me for them.

They had made my life hell.

I felt anger and immense pain. Then I felt nothing at all.

Unknown POV

I told my younger brother, Hunter. That I would take care of his human mate, Massie, when we heard her shriek seconds ago, but I was having trouble finding her and he was needed in the fight against the foreign werewolves that attacked the Jefferson High School kids- or was it Franklin High? Anyways, when a werewolf’s mate is in trouble they just go blind with anger, they lose their tact and that’s when things go awry. So I need him to stay in the fight.

As Alpha I shouldn’t have trouble finding her at all. But something about the scent of the girl that she was with totally threw me off.

I slipped into Mica’s- a subordinate wolf who’s only like 16- mind the moment he turned into a wolf; Lock in on Massies scent. The other girl, Lenora, is throwing my scent off.

I heard him voice his thoughts Yes, Sir. I’ve found her trail. It’s straight ahead of us

Good go as fast as you can, I reply to him and since I’m in my own wolf form, I picked up my pace.

I didn’t have to look for Massie’s scent when I heard her shouts. Dammit- Hunters probably heard them too. I felt my gut start to retch.

I got close enough to see that Massie was stuck, but safe in between a trees roots and a rock- smart kid. But the sight before me was what really made my gut retch.

It was that Lenora girl, and the Foreign Were biting into the lower side of her stomach. Her eyes were slowly rolling back, meaning that she was in danger. I suddenly felt all this pent up anger, I almost never feel angry. But right now I feel so deadly. I just wanted to kill that damn Foreign Were.

‘Is this how I’m going to die?’

I felt her thoughts. I actually felt a human thought. That could only mean one thing.

She’s my mate.

And she’s dying.

I went into a blinding rage and charged straight at the Foreign Were. Upon contact with me, he immediately let go of Lenora, and I slammed him into a tree. He whimpered- but that wasn’t enough for me. I bit his leg and nearly tore it off. Then it rolled over and on top of me.

It began snapping at me.

Who the fuck does he think he is?

I quickly leaned forward and bit into his neck. A big vital point.

Alpha. I heard Mica’s thoughts. He’s made it here.

Alpha. Let go!

I only bit harder into him. Mica’s not very good at reasoning

I got him, Alpha! Go see if the girls fine.

And the last part was what made me let go and run over to Lenora. The second I let go of the Foreign Were, Mica lunged himself into battle with it. This is his time to prove himself to the pack.

I ran over to my dying mate. Her eyes were open, but she wasn’t staring at any particular thing. This was a sign that her soul was preparing to leave her body, or that her mind was wandering elsewhere. I really hope that it’s the latter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey. Can someone please tell me why the hell I am quickly losing subscribers?
For both Snared and Lost?

If no one answers then Lenora gets it! o.o