Fallen Love

Relief For Some

Inspectors POV
‘sir…the chief want to see you.’ said one of the uniformed officers.
‘About?’ I said dully
‘The assault on Mrs.Williams.’ He said calmly and walked off.
Trembling slightly wondering if he new about Steven being my brother I walked slowly into his office.
‘You wanted to see me Sir?’ I said, surprised as how normally my voice sounded.
‘Ah Leigh yes. Mrs.Williams as come round and is able to give you a statement. I want you over there asap so it’s a fresh in her mind as possible.’
‘Right I go there now.’ I said turning around and almost sprinting to a private phone.

‘Steve its me. Mel had woken up. I’m about to go over to the hospital. Just lie low and I’ll keep you informed.’

***

‘Right Mrs.Williams , that is all for now. I’ll be in touch soon. I said folding my notebook back into my pocket.
‘OK, and thank you.’ she smiled. ‘Oh, Inspector? Do I know you from somewhere you seem awfully familiar?’
‘Uh no.’ I said rather sharply then in a slightly calmer tone, ‘I must go err lots of paper work.’ and with that I marched out of the hospital and down to my car. Once in the sanctity of my car I heaved a sigh of relief.
‘I can do this any more. They are family for gods sake!
‘And what am I? A hobo? You will carry on as planned. Its for their own good. As long as the scum hangs around I need to be there.’
‘What? By beating your wife! Steve, just go to the station and hand yourself in. We can sort something out.’ I pleaded.
‘Leigh we have been over this. Now get back to the station before someone comes looking. And don’t forget. I’m. Watching. You.’

***

Rhianedds POV

‘Well he’s a nice man. Very familiar though.’ Said mum thoughtfully.
‘Yeah to some.’ I said sarcastically. ‘When can you come home mum?’
‘In a week or two. The doctors want to keep an eye on me for a bit hunny.’ Then turning to Shemar she said softly, ‘Thank you. For helping my Rhianedd and me. For being there for her. I was a bit off hand with you when we first met. I was wrong about you. Can we start again?’
‘Err…yeah sure.’ He murmured taken aback, ’And it was my pleasure.’ He smiled at me.
’Rhi go home and get some rest. I’ll stay with mum. You and Shemar go.’ Came my grans voice.

It was then I realised Shemar was holding my hand. Smiling to myself I allowed him to steer me out of ICU. Out of the hospital. To the safety of my home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right I'm sooooo sorry its taken so long for me to post this up. I've been away and my laptop keys are mucking up so its taking forever but I should have the next one up in the next day or two thanks for being sooo patient with me :D xx