‹ Prequel: Trouble for Me
Sequel: All She Knows
Status: Finished!

Breathe

One day

Jon:
It's been 14 years since J.B was born and he is growing up great. he started playing hockey at the age of 4, started skating at 3 years old. He is a good little skater. He told me that he wants to be just like me and play NHL hockey. I told him he could make it if he wanted to, but he has to work for it and it won't be easy. I also told him I would help him train and whatever he needs help with I can help him. I am happy that he wants to be like me, that is why I wished for a boy. So he could follow in my footsteps.

Today we were going to his graduation from the 8th grade and each kid went on stage and said what they wanted to do when they get older. "Oh Jon, J.B is about to go next!" I was video taping the whole graduation, but she had to make sure I was recording every time they mentioned J.B. He got up on stage and went up to the microphone and was about to tell everyone what his plans for his future are. "For high school I want to go to Shattuck Saint Mary's and then go to the University of North Dakota. Then my ultimate goal is to be drafted into the NHL by the Chicago Blackhawks, just like my dad." Nicole just started to cheer and I was just stunned to hear what my boy just said. He really wants to be just like me. I love this boy so much, I couldn't have asked for a better son then him.

After the ceremony each kid takes a final picture at the middle school. Once they were done doing that all the kids came out into the lobby to find their parents. J.B ran up and hugged us both with a big smile on his face. "Hey bud." I tousled his hair. "Hey dad, you like what
I said on stage?" "I sure did J.B." "Mom, do you wanna see my 8th grade picture?" "Of course I do honey!" He pulled out a photo package from his blackhawks book-bag. "Here you go." Jon and I both looked at it. He had Jon's great smile for sure. "That is definitely gonna be shown to the boys." "No, don't show this to the guys, that will be embarrassing dad!" "I'm joking bud! So who is ready to go home?" Nicole laughed and intervened. "I do." J.B and I both agreed.

On the car ride home I thought I should drop the ultimate surprise on J.B. "So J.B you wanted to go to Shattuck next year for high school right?" "Of course! I mean that where you and a bunch of other NHL players went to school, so I figured it's the best school to go to." I looked at Nicole and we both smiled to each other. "What? Is there something you guys aren't telling me?" "Well I don't know should we tell him Jon?" "No, I don't think he is ready to know just yet." "What! Tell me what!" "I don't know if you are ready to no yet J.B." "Come on dad!" "Jon just tell him already." "Alright fine." "Yes! So what is it?" "I set up a day for you and I to go and visit Shattuck Saint Mary's." "No way! Are you serious?" "Yeah, we are going sometime next week." "So wait we are gonna tour the campus to see if i might be going there?"

"Well there was another thing I had to tell you too, but i don't think you are ready to hear this either." "Dad just tell me!" "Well we don't have to see if you might go there." "Wait, what do you mean?" Nicole and I smiled at each other. "Well J.B, you are going to Shattuck Saint Mary's for high school." "What! Are You serious! Oh my gosh, I have to tell all my team mates!" "So are you excited now that you know?" "Yes, very." "Me too bud, me too."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just yesterday my son was born and now he is going off to high school. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Between all the games of his I have seen, to the games of mine he has watched. We were always really close. I hope even though he will be away at school we will be as close as we have been the past 14 years of his life. I love my boy and I know beau would have been close to him if he were around. We haven't told J.B about the second person he was named after, but he has asked a few times though. I am sure he will understand when we do eventually tell him. i hope my son can follow his dreams just like I did mine. The NHL is a long way away, but I sure hope he has chance to experience what I am currently experiencing in my life. Being able to play the game you love for millions of fans almost every night. That is what I hope my son will get to experience one day. One day I hope he gets to be just like me, like he has dreamed about. One day,I hope J.B will be the start of the Toews generation.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I decided to finish the story. I didn't really know where to go from the last chapter so sadly it's over, but I started a J.B Toews story. So I will post for that one soon. So if you guys could until that one is started could you guys maybe check out my other story [urlhttp://stories.mibba.com/read/400401/Unfaithful/]Unfaithful.[/url] That would be awesome, thanks!