Status: Updating regularly

Irish Lullaby

.06

"Sanders, not helping shut up," I sighed as I glanced at the mirror; he sighed from his spot in the chair before he stood and walked up behind me.

"I'm sorry Harper," he whispered as he laid his head on my shoulder. "I thought you wanted that to make you're mom happy, we can call it off whenever you want you know."

"Sanders," I said sighing as I turned my head to look at his face. "You're too sweet, too sweet for your own good."

"I am not," he laughed as he leaned back; I shook my head and placed both hands on his cheeks.

"If we did marry, fell in love before this and had an actual wedding, I would have to say, I don't deserve you, you're way too honorable." I said turning back around to glance at myself with a sigh.

"Well, even though this is fake, I say that I like you a lot and that it's me that don't deserve you," he whispered into my ear, he kissed it gently and stepped back.

I turned around holding my hands together and looked him in the eyes with a smile on my face. "How about we agree to disagree huh?"

"I can deal with that," he smiled as he went to walk away, but I stepped down from the platform and grabbed his arm gently, he turned around and his smile disappeared. "What's wrong?"

"Thank you," I smiled then laughed. "You didn't have to do any of this; I mean you jumped in head first without a worry."

"Harper," he said softly grabbing hold of my left cheek with his hand. "I wanted to, so don't thank me."

"Well how did that thing go, you helped me, I helped you, you helped me and now I need to help you don't I?" I asked as I leaned up and placed a soft kiss on his lips, he seemed shocked at first but soon opened his mouth to kiss back, slowly and want filled like he needed it to survive, his oxygen to my air. His arms circled my waist as he leaned down and kissed me deeper, picking up the pace of the kiss, more passion filled than I have ever been kissed before.

Their were sparks, literally because the light bulb blew beside us, we pulled away and stared at the lamp that was at the moment smoking, then turned back to each other with a smile. "Time for me to help you again," he said pulling me back into that very kiss that made my legs weak at the knees, I've known him…three days.

And I'm already crushing.

~*~*~*~*~

"Hello?" I groaned as I answered the phone, after I nearly threw everything on my night stand into the floor trying to find the damn thing, it was way too early to be awake; I rubbed my eyes as I propped up on the pillow with my right arm holding me up, and my left holding the phone to my ear.

"You're weird ass friend Natalie called me and said that she seen you kissing the librarian, is it true?" Elina's soft airy voice came through the receiver, I narrowed my eyes and pulled the phone away from my ear and stared at it.

"How did Natalie see that?" I whispered.

"Don't know, but its true? Hell yes Harper!" She practically squealed.

"Elina, honey calm down," I cleared my throat and sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep from my eyes and trying to come alive. "Did you hear?"

"You're getting married within five days, you are awesome!"

"Elina, its fake, Sanders helped me out of an engagement and blurted out that we were getting married and—It's just way over the top now," I sighed making her laugh.

"I figured," she laughed. "So what are you going to do honey? Natalie told me that you're mother called you're brother from Harvard and he's taking a plane tomorrow to get here."

"Oh shit," I said as my eyes widened. "No! No! No! I have to go talk to Sanders; we have to hang out more and get along and get to know each other and all that stuff that's awkward."

"Calm down, you're brother won't be too harsh," Elina said in a soothing tone. "I don't think—"

"He may be tiny but he's intimidating and very smart Elina, he'll figure it out," I whined as I scooted to put my legs over the edge of my bed.

"Then tell him, he won't care," she suggested.

"Like when I told him I kissed his best friend in eleventh grade and he moved out for three months," I said dryly, she sighed and scoffed a second later.

"Yeah but that was funny and it allowed you to use his room as a guest room," she pointed out. "But—do what you want."

"Alright," I yawned as I moved out of the bed. "I'll talk to you soon; I need to go pester Sanders."

"Alright Harper, I'll talk to you soon, possibly tonight since you have to design you're wedding dress."

"Wedding dress, say what?" I asked wide eyed as I opened my bedroom door. "I thought I was buying mine."

"Honey, you're mother called me and said that you were to make yours, and to postpone the wedding until it is done or else she will make you're father not pay for it?"

"My dad doesn't listen to her, apparently she hasn't gotten that through her head," I sighed as I walked into the kitchen, I groaned as I seen the mess from the previous night of Mexican food, I'd clean that later I guess, once I made it to the fridge I grabbed the milk and stepped back, just to see a blue eyed man, light blonde hair, stubble on his chin and a smirk gracing his face behind the door, I screamed and dropped the milk as I pulled the phone to my chest out of defense.

"Boo," he laughed as he closed the fridge door and looked down at the milk. "Now that's a mess, you're going to have to clean that up young lady."

"Harper? Harper!" Elina's tiny voice was yelling through the handset that was being muffled by my chest; I sighed and pulled it to my ear after giving my cousin a dirty look that said 'Go to hell and take the spilt milk with you'.

"I'm okay, Cyrus just scared the shit out of me," I sighed then slapped his arm after he grinned and blew me a kiss.

"Ow," he joked as he walked across the kitchen, stepping over the milk and grabbed the mop from the corner closet so that he could begin cleaning up the milk.

"Cyrus is back?" Elina said with a smile laced within her voice. "I miss that idiot; bring him with you so I can see him."

"Will you end up in the corner closet again?" I teased as I sat on the barstool next to the bar in the kitchen; Cyrus looked up and narrowed his eyes playfully.

"Oh shut up, I was drunk and it was a weird night," Elina said sighing heavily. "You can't hold that over me forever."

"Alright, alright, well I'll talk to you tonight, bye babe," I said laughing at the fact that I really couldn't hold her to it, she just kissed a guy she had just met; I'm marrying a guy I just met.

Hypocrisy at its finest. Damn I hate hypocrites.

"What are you up too?" Cyrus asked in a light, airy tone of voice. "I heard a little something-something about you Harper Mae Jane."

Wasn't even my name—idiot.

"Please, elaborate because these days they just keep coming with the rumors," I said smirking as I leaned against the bar I sat at.

"You're getting married in a week," he laughed as he walked over. "I really doubt you are marrying a guy you love, because you would have told me you loved a guy before hand and then poof, you're getting married," he stated poking me in the nose. "I don't believe it."

"You did go along with mom didn't you?" I asked biting my lip in thought.

"As always you little trouble maker," he teased as he kissed my head like he used to do we where younger. "Now explain it to me."

"Alright," I sighed as I leaned back. "I met this guy at the library," I then started the tale, the very, very long tale.
♠ ♠ ♠
Harper and Elina

I like comments. :)