Status: Completed

Consume Me Like a Fire

Lunch Date.

"Unwanted attention comes with the territory..." -Anonymous

Air-force base 82 | 11:15am

“Where’s Lauren now? I mean Emily…” The man asked calmly as he got off his plane.

“Currently, she’s at the BAU office inside the FBI headquarters. She should be leaving at 5 pm to go home,” the second man answered the first as they walked.

“I want someone following each member on her team. Emily will pay for what she did to me…”

~*~

“Have a good flight, Mom. I’ll talk to you later this week,” Shiloh said hugging her mom goodbye. Her dad had left earlier that morning.

“You won’t be too lonely will you? You can always come with me…”

“Mom, I’ll be fine. I’m having lunch with Spencer in a little bit. I’ll be fine,” she assured her mom.

“Do you like this Spencer boy?” her mom asked.

“Well… Kinda yeah,” she said feeling awkward at the moment.

“Just be careful, okay. He has a dangerous job and I worry about you.”

“Mom, I’ll be fine, promise. Go, don’t miss your flight,” Shiloh tried shooing her mom away. Anita hesitated but finally gave in.

“Okay, but check in with me every now and then. Love you!” she called as she walked away with her carry on. Shiloh smiled and waved goodbye before walking out of the airport and back to her car. Once she got in, her phone started ringing.

“Hey Spence,” she said happily.

“Hey Shiloh, I’m on my way to the café. I got held up a bit at the office,” he said on the other line.

“It’s fine, I just dropped my mom off so I’ll be there in a little bit too,” she replied.

“Good, I didn’t want you to be waiting for me or something,” Spence mumbled. Shiloh laughed lightly and said she would see him soon before hanging up and driving to the café that they were meeting at for lunch.

~*~

Spencer stood up from his chair and grabbed his shoulder bag, throwing the strap on his left shoulder. Emily and Derek looked up from their paper work in confusion.

“Wonder boy, where’re you going?” Derek asked setting his pen down. Spencer checked his watch and looked back at his best friend.

“It’s noon. I’m going to lunch.”

“But you always eat lunch here…” Emily said looking at him oddly.

“Well, today I’m going out,” Spencer said grabbing his cell phone. Derek and Emily gave each other a knowing look.

“Tell Shiloh we said hi,” Emily grinned. Spencer suppressed an oncoming blush and stammered a reply.

“I’ll be back later,” he mumbled and walked to the elevators ignoring their snickering behind him. He pulled out his phone and called Shiloh to make sure she wasn’t waiting on him. Not wanting to drive, Spencer hailed the nearest taxi and told him where to go.

Every time Spencer thought about a certain blonde, his stomach turned and their kiss popped up in his mind. It felt so right to be with her and for once, Spencer felt like he could relax more around her. The team was his family, but work was always on their mind. Shiloh was different, she made him forget about work, and he loved that about her.

The taxi pulled up at the café and he handed the driver money before getting out. The cold November air chilled his bones and he regretted not grabbing a thicker jacket before leaving the BAU. Walking inside, he saw that Shiloh wasn’t there yet so he grabbed them a table.

It wasn’t long before Shiloh came walking in, her cheeks flushed a little and her nose red from the cold. Even then, Spencer thought she was beautiful.

“Hey, sorry I'm late. My mom didn’t want to leave. Did you wait long?” she asked sitting down in front of him. She set her purse down and slipped her jacket off.

“No I just got here,” he said. Shiloh smiled at the man in front of her and picked up the menu.

“Do you know what you want?” she asked.

“I’m getting a salami sandwich. Did you know that during the 17th century, salami was popular among Southern European peasants because it can be stored at room temperature for up to 10 years… Ah sorry, I ramble,” Spencer apologized meekly.

“No I like it when you talk. I usually learn something new,” Shiloh sent him a warm smile and then the waiter walked up to their table. Butterflies were swarming in Spencer’s stomach but he forced them down and looked at the waiter.

“Welcome to the Lunar Café. I’m your waiter, Carson. Can I get you anything to drink?” he asked and looked up from his note pad. Spencer analyzed the way he looked Shiloh up and down and for once cursed his ability to profile so well. The boy was interested in Shiloh and it was making Spencer boil inside. He and Shiloh weren’t an item, but he didn’t want other guys ogling her…

“Um, I’ll have a peach tea. What about you, Spence?” Shiloh asked smiling at the profiler sweetly. The jealousy calmed down a little, but he was still peeved.

“Ice water is fine.”

“Do you know what you’d like to order or do you need a few more minutes?” the waiter asked looking more at Shiloh.

“Two salami sandwiches, right?” Shiloh asked glancing at Spencer. He nodded and grinned seeing that she was getting the same as him. The waiter took their menus and winked at Shiloh before leaving.

“Could he have been any more obvious?” Shiloh grumbled under her breath. Spencer chuckled and leaned back in his chair.

“It was more than obvious… He’ll probably come back here several times to check and see ‘how we’re doing’ because he wants to get your attention. I bet he’ll give you his number before we leave,” Spencer added.

“No way! You’re on,” Shiloh smiled widely and accepted the challenge. She should have known better when she was going up against someone whose job is to know how people behave.

“So what happened at work that held you up?” Shiloh asked.

“It was just Derek and Emily bugging me. They thought it was weird that I was leaving for lunch. I usually pack a lunch and eat there with them. They say hi by the way,” he explained.

“Your friends sound nice. I’ve only met Derek briefly, but he really helped me out during the trial.”

“That’s Derek for you. He cares more about others than himself,” Spencer said just as Carson came back with their drinks.

“Here’s your peach tea,” he smirked at Shiloh and just set Spencer’s water in front of him.

“So do you come here often?” he asked coyly.

“Uh, no this is my first time here.”

“No wonder. I would have remembered you. Let me know if you need anything,” he smirked again and walked away.

“I think you’re right,” Shiloh mumbled not liking the fact that she’d lose the bet soon. A light bulb flashed in her head and she smiled evilly at Spencer.

“I’ve got an idea! Be my boyfriend, just for now. Please!” Shiloh grabbed his hands across the table and gave him the puppy eyes. How could he say no to her when he wanted to be her boyfriend anyway?

“O-Okay,” he stuttered a little. Shiloh grinned and squeezed his hands.

“I can’t wait to see the look on Carson’s face,” she said lowly. The two talked a little while more before Carson came back with their sandwiches. He didn’t stay very long because Spencer was holding Shiloh’s hand on top of the table, but he still had the nerve to wink at her again.

“We need to do something more drastic so that it gets through his thick skull,” Shiloh said once he left. Spencer smiled at her antics and it made him feel better that she wasn’t interested in the brute that was obviously trying to get in her pants.

“So, Dr. Reid, what do you do in your free time?” Shiloh asked and took a bite of her sandwich.

“I read… and do more work. I’m pretty boring,” he tried to laugh at himself.

“I like reading too. All I did was study for these last few months so I know what you mean. We should hang out more,” she smiled at Spencer softly.

“I was wanting to ask you, but do you want to come over for dinner tonight?” he blurted before he could stop himself.

“I’d like that a lot,” Shiloh said instantly and bit the inside of her cheek to keep herself from smiling too much. Just being with Spencer made her feel giddy.

“Is everything tasting alright so far?” Carson asked appearing next to them. Shiloh laced her fingers with Spencer’s and smiled.

“It’s good, right Babe?” she said looking at Spencer.

“Mmhmm, it’s good,” he said quietly. Carson’s smirk slipped a little, but he fixed it and left again.

“Not good enough. He still doesn’t get it…”

“Don’t worry, I know what to do,” Spencer said coming up with the best idea yet. They continued to eat and chat until Carson came back again with their bill. Spencer pulled out his wallet while Shiloh looked at the bill.

“He left his number,” she said sadly. Spencer won the bet… Spencer chuckled and took the black book from her with check in it.

“I’ve got this,” he smirked and placed a twenty inside leaving the number inside too. Carson came back as Spencer was getting up with Shiloh. She was putting on her coat and watched as Spencer handed to the bill to Carson.

“She’s not interested, Buddy. Keep the change,” Spencer patted Carson’s shoulder and then wrapped an arm around Shiloh as they walked out of the café.

“That was amazing! Did you see his face?” She laughed and wrapped an arm around him as well.

“I am pretty good,” Spencer boasted.

“Don’t get a big head, Spence,” she joked with him.

“Did you drive here?” she asked looking for his car.

“No I took a cab. I don’t really like driving.”

“C’mon, my car is this way,” Shiloh smiled and pulled him along with her. Spencer laughed and let her pull him behind her.

“The BAU is close, right?” she asked as she started her car and turned on the heaters.

“Yeah, just down the street and to the left,” he told her which way to go and it wasn’t long before they were just outside the front doors.

“Thanks for the lift. I had a good time,” Spencer said getting out and shutting the door. Shiloh rolled down her window and called him over to her side. Shiloh grabbed his tie and pulled him down so he was closer. They both leaned in and kissed each other softly. Shiloh pulled back and smiled at him.

“See you tonight, Dr. Reid.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was really choppy and I apologize, but I've got most of the plot line down now. I changed a few things so it took me a while to put it all together. enjoy!! :D