Status: active if you comment

Thinking of You

Brand new

Gerard moved to the bedside table, sitting on Lindsey's side of the bed; discreetly sliding it off the table and placing it underneath the bed pillows.

"She's great," he finished nonchalantly, wanting Andrew to get out asap.

"Yeah? Cause no offence Gerard, but you don't look like the kinda man who wears the pants in a relationship," he slurred - half drunk. "You need to find yourself a dumb, clueless but sexy female who can boss around: make you dinner, do the housework, stay at home, and then fuck," he sniggered.

Gerard look hardly believe what he was hearing. Thankful his parents had brought him up to have nothing but respect for women.

"That's all Lindsey is to me," Andrew shrugged.

Gerard bit his lip so hard he thought it might bleed.

"...she's obedient. She wouldn't dream of defying me. Don't you want a little bitch like that, Gerard?"

Gerard could feel his heart pounding with anger. Never in his life had he met someone like Andrew. The record was almost done. Thank god. One more month and then they could drop him and forget about his existence.

"Andrew... I'm gonna have to ask you to stop talking about women in that manner. It's your life, you do what you want, but my band and me - it makes us uncomfortable to hear about you beating and raping your girlfriend. We obviously have an entirely different set of morals..." he said diplomatically.

Andrew stared at him blankly. "Right..." He got out his phone and began texting furiously. "Lindsey been talkin to you?"

Gerard's mouth dropped. "N-No of course n-not! Why?"

"How do you know I beat her?"

Gerard closed his mouth. Well, shit. "I'm sure you've h-hinted it a few times?"

"Because don't think I haven't noticed you and that cunt being pally-pally recently. I know that she's into all the same bizarro crap you are and if there was anyone she'd tell-"

"Dude, you're being paranoid." Gerard said, his eyes locked on Andrew's phone.

"God help that bitch if she doesn't pick up." Andrew snarled, holding the phone to his ear furiously.

Gerard didn't know what to do. The phone he was attempting to call was under the fucking pillows. He prayed to God that Lindsey had put it on silent, or at least vibrate. Gerard panicked and walked closer to Andrew, lifting one of his arms so that Andrew dropped the phone.

"Come on buddy, you're drunk, you need to go home," Gerard said sympathisingly, one arm supporting Andrew's body weight. With his free hand, he reached for the phone on the floor and quickly pressed 'Hang Up'

"I don't know what came over me," Andrew whispered. "I'm truly sorry G. You're right, I need to leave. She comes back tomorrow; she wouldn't dare do anything behind my back," Andrew nodded.

Gerard saw him off and directed him to where the bus routes were. "You gonna be alright?" Gerard asked him as he half staggered off. He was drunk, but not drunk enough to be in danger. Gerard didn't really care in any case.

He walked back inside and locked the door behind him. Breathing out a sigh of relief. That was too close. He's starting to work things out.

A few minutes later he walked out of his bedroom and upstairs to the kitchen. Donna told him that Lindsey was upstairs in his and Mikey's old bedroom. Gerard nodded and was about to leave the room when he noticed his mom's tear-filled eyes.

"Mom? What's wrong?" Gerard asked, concerned, walking towards her.

Donna wiped her eyes with tissue paper. "Gerard," she started "Lindsey showed me the bruises. I seen 'em. All over her beautiful arms and ribs. One of these days, he's gonna kill her." Donna lighted a cigarette.

Gerard felt his heart drop with dread and he pulled his mom in for a hug. She understood why they were sneaking around.

"I know." Gerard whispered. "Did you have fun with her today?"

Donna perked up slightly. "Yes! We gossiped, she drew somethin for me, I showed her round. Oh, she's just like you Gerard! I love having female company..." she said, sadly. "I'd love a daughter in law. "She really loves you. Wouldn't stop talkin' bout you." she grinned up at her son, kissing his cheek. "You're so handsome, you look just like your dad!" Donna cupped his face and he rolled his eyes. "Go see Lindsey. She's probably missin' you,"

He walked up the stairs and reached his and Mikey's old room. It had now been converted into a guest bedroom; he'd taken the basement and Mikey now abided in the attic, but there was still a few pictures and furniture (their bunk-beds for example) that had been there before.

He walked in to see Lindsey sleeping peacefully on the bottom bunk. She wasn't underneath the covers though, and looked as if she were shivering gently. Gerard mentally "aww'd" at the image and felt butterflies as he watched her intently. He crouched down by the bed and kissed one of her hands, holding it sweetly. She stirred, eyes fluttering, and jumped in shock as she saw Gerard sitting there.

"Gerard," she spoke, rubbing her eyes, "where's Andrew? Is he gone?" she bolted upright and looked at the door.

"Sssh," Gerard cooed, bringing a hand to cup her face. "He's gone, baby."

She laid back on the bed in relief, biting her lip. She'd have asked what happened, but she kind of didn't want to know. She had to leave tomorrow; back to that dull existence with Andrew. It made her want to die.

"I was thinking," Gerard whispered, kissing her. "I wanna take you into the city tonight,"

Lindsey beamed. "Yeah?" she smiled; her voice eloquently soft and soothing.

"Yeah." he smiled inches from her mouth. "Lindsey I love you," he whispered, looking at her with sad, loving eyes.

Lindsey looked down at his lips and furrowed her brows, moving in to deeply kiss him. "I love you," she breathed into his mouth.

She giggled as Gerard tried to climb into the bed on top of her; the bunks were entirely too small for such activities. She laced her hands through his and pulled away from his lips.

"Are you always this horny?" she laughed.

Gerard looked down, embarrassed. "No..." he swallowed, as if thinking. "Only when I'm completely and totally in-fuckin'-love," he smiled, looking at her.

She smiled gently, and looked down. "You have been before?"

Gerard thought about it, swapping feet that he was balancing all his weight on, still kneeling. He looked into her eyes.

"I thought I was...

But it's never ever felt like this before,"