Status: active if you comment

Thinking of You

Looking into your eyes

Gerard stood with his legs slightly apart, ruffling his shoulder length hair as he gazed into the camera charmingly and seductively. He was not camera shy at all and every time his eyes flicked to Lindsey’s she fought the urge not to meekly blush.

They were stood in front of a forest, using the somewhat daunting, thick trees as a backdrop in the photo shoot that Lindsey was currently conducting.

“That was a nice one.” she encouraged as the camera flashed, and she changed the angle as he gripped his leather jacket and leant his head back slightly - piercing hazel eyes still burning into the lens.

“So Linds...” Gerard starting, pausing as she took another photo. “When am I gonna see this art of yours?”

Her heart leapt at the concept of someone - and of all people him - being interested in her art.

“Umm...” she bit her lip shyly. “Whenever you want. I have my portfolio at home.” and then she frowned, “but I doubt Andrew would be okay with you coming in knowing I had invited you and not him. He doesn’t like when I have dude friends.”

She thought she saw Gerard frown slightly, pausing their conversation again to take another photo.

“You could come over to mine?” he offered.

Lindsey started to feel uncomfortable. Not at Gerard... Never at Gerard... Just the fact that Andrew would literally lose his mind if he knew they had built up a friendship and were actively hanging out together.

“I don’t know...” she started, putting her camera down and looking up into Gerard’s eyes softly, before ripping herself away and closing the cap on her lens. “I think I have some good ones. Thanks for doing this, Gerard. It was a lot of fun.”

“Oh, you’re done?” he sounded almost disappointed.

“Well yeah, I mean, it was a half hour photo shoot in the first place. It doesn’t take long to get good shots when there’s just one subject.”

“And a very handsome subject, right?” he grinned playfully, nudging her teasingly.

She stifled a giggle, and tried to hide the forming blush. “What! Oh please.”

She loved the fact she could have fun with him. He was unlike anyone she had ever met. They were staggeringly similar, it was almost scary how much they had in common. He made her feel like she was ten feet tall, she felt special; valued. Like she mattered. She’d never felt like that before.

They walked over to the car again, as dark clouds started to cover the retreating sun, and sat down as Lindsey showed him the pictures.

“I like that one best.” she smiled fondly at a picture of Gerard with his hands on his hips, his shaggy black hair blowing in the wind, and his beautiful hazel eyes staring at the viewer with such intensity.

Gerard looked from the picture preview to Lindsey’s soft red lips, and then moved up to her pretty brown eyes which hadn’t noticed him looking yet.

“I’m happy with it, it’s really gorgeous.” she smiled, still looking.

“Yeah. Gorgeous.” he whispered against her face.

She looked up at him, seeing they were so close she could have passed out, being that near to such a handsome and alluring person. This was not good.

Lindsey tore her eyes away from his as she saw a hunger she wasn’t comfortable with.

As if reading her mind, Gerard started the ignition and began to drive away without another sound. It was a fairly awkward silence but Lindsey’s phone going off interrupted, and Gerard looked at her funny as she sighed when she saw the caller I.D.

“Hello?” she asked, almost scared.

“Where the fuck are you?” was the response she received.

“I’m-”

“Why the fuck are you not at home you disobedient bitch?”

Gerard looked over at her in concern. He was visibly cringing every time he heard Andrew practically screech abuse at her down the phone. He gripped the steering wheel and gritted his teeth. Gerard was not the kind of guy to allow people treating girls - especially this girl - with disrespect.

Lindsey looked over and saw Gerard’s knuckles turn white as she stuttered, thinking of an excuse to tell Andrew. There was no way she could tell him the truth, he’d kill her, and possibly not let her see Gerard again.

“I’m on my way home!” she finally said, struggling with confidence.

“You better be, fucking whore.” and with that he slammed the phone down.

Gerard swerved into a layby, his heart racing and eyes flashing dangerously with anger. Lindsey felt the tears brim in her eyes, she knew he knew, and now he was involved.

“If you think for one second I am letting you go back to that-”

“Just drive me home Gerard, I’ll be fine.”

“Fuck no!” Gerard yelled. “That motherfucker better not lay a finger on you. I am pissed.

“Why?!” Lindsey yelled back. “It isn’t any of your business! I love him!”

“How can you love him?!” Gerard spat. “You’re fuckin’ scared of him!”

“That’s not true.” she sighed.

“You’re a shit liar, Lindsey. You’re fuckin’ terrified of him. You don’t love him, and he sure as fuck doesn’t love you.”

Lindsey glared at him with tears in her eyes, looking away as one fell down her pretty porcelain cheek. She wiped it away discreetly, and turned her face to look out the window.

“Lindsey.” Gerard breathed, his voice literally shaking with anger. “Why are you with him? You could be with someone so much better.”

She scoffed, and then sniffled, obviously crying, hiding her face from him. “Like who?”

Gerard closed his eyes. “I dunno, like me?”