‹ Prequel: New Moon's Love
Status: Complete!!!!

Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Chapter 15

Jacob’s POV

I stomped down the trail towards the parking lot. I couldn’t believe she had said that. But maybe she was right. I would rather die protecting someone who loves me equally. No. Wait. Bella loves me. She just didn’t know it. That leech had her brain washed or something.

I ran to the woods and shifted into my werewolf form. I ran to the clearing where the fight was going to take place. I shifted back and pulled my pants on before following Bella into the forest while she put blood on some plants and trees.

I picked her up afterwards and carried her into the forest and up the mountain side to the camp site set up. There was a storm coming. I could feel it and smell it.

**************************

The next morning the entire mountain side was covered in a white blanket of snow. Seth had come by to stay with Bella while I went and checked the area before leaving to the fight.

“Number one is when you said you’d marry me, Mrs. Cullen.” I heard Edward say as I approached the camp.

“This is the 21st century. I at lease want to hyphenate my name.” I came up behind Edward, but still keeping my distance at the same time.

“Your marrying him?” I could feel the anger coursing through my veins. I should have listened to Maddie.

“Jake, I..” She started towards me, but stopped and looked at Edward. “You knew he was listening!”

“He deserves to know.”

I turned around and walked back In the direction of the clearing.

“Jake stop!” Bella yelled, chasing after me. “Jake stop!” She yelled again.

“Jake please.”

“I’m done! I’m so done!” I shouted at her, finally stopping and turning around.

“What can I do?”

“You can’t do anything. I can, by going out there and killing something.”

“No! You’re not thinking clearly! Don’t do that!”

I thought back to what Maddie had said. “Maybe I’ll get myself killed and make it simple for you.”

“No! Just, Jake, stay.”

“Why?”

“Give me one good reason.”

“Because I don’t wanna lose you.” Suddenly I saw Maddie standing in front of me, tears in her eyes. But when I blinked, she was gone, replaced by Bella again.

“It’s not good enough.”

I saw Maddie replace Bella again. “Because you’re too important.” I blinked again and Bella returned.

“Still not good enough.” I turned and began to walk away.

“Jacob!” I stopped and kept my back turned. “Kiss me.” I turned and looked at her in disbelief. “I’m asking you to kiss me.”

I don’t know what made me do it. Maybe it was because I saw Maddie standing in front of me again, looking scared, lonely and broken, making me want to run to her and hold her in my arms. Or maybe it was because I needed some kind of closure to tell me Maddie was my true love. I mean, Bella was already marrying Edward.

I walked up to Bella and pressed my lips against hers. The kiss was hungry and aggressive, the opposite of the kisses I had shared with Maddie. Maybe it’s because Maddie is so much more innocent than Bella and much younger. But even though I had gotten what I had wished for, Maddie was still the first thing in my mind. Bella pulled away and stared up at me. I cupped her face and gently pressed her lips against mine a second time. This time, the kiss was more romantic than hungry.

I stared into Bella’s eyes and gently placed my forehead against hers, trying to catch my breath.

“That should have been our first kiss.” I whispered. “I gotta go.” I whispered in her ear. “I’ll be back.” I ran off, still thinking about Maddie.

Even though I had just shared the most amazing kiss with the woman I used to love, the love for my imprint is so much stronger. I felt the urge to find her and be near her, but I knew I had to be somewhere important. I suddenly realized the mistakes I had been making all this time, and I had hell to pay for them. But even as I ripped the vampires apart, my thoughts were still with the 15 year old who was waiting for me to return.

MADDIE’S POV

I stayed with Emily while everyone was away. She was just as worried as I am. Even though Jake may never forgive me for what I said, I still love him and I always will.

Emily and I made cookies and watched movies while we waited for the guys to return. I was still on edge even though Emily did a fantastic job of trying to distract me.

I climbed the stairs and went into my small room to try and rest for a little. I had barely slept the night before. I laid on my bed and started to relax my body. I was almost asleep when I felt like there were a million pins and needles being pressed into the skin on the right side of my body. Something clicked inside and I knew there was something wrong with Jake.