‹ Prequel: New Moon's Love
Status: Complete!!!!

Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Chapter 5

Jacob's POV

“Can I talk to you outside for a minute?” I asked Bella. We both stood and walked outside.

“So you imprinted.” She said as we walked down the stairs.

“Yup.” I said looking up at the grey sky.

“So, Alice has planned a bug graduation party.” She said. “Which your invited to.” I looked at her like she was crazy.

“Yeah, I figured that.”

I looked down at the ground thinking if I should say what I want to say.

“What?” Bella asked catching on to the changing mood. Screw it I thought.

“I just wanted to do this differently. Smoother. But now I'm out of time.”

“Do what.” She asked me.

“You need to hear the truth, Bella,” I said coming closer to her, “understand all your options. And you need to know that I'm in love with you, and I want you to choose me instead of him.”

“I thought you understood.” She shook her head. “I don't feel that way for you.”

“I don't buy it.”

“What don't you buy? That's how I feel.”

“You feel something else for me. You just won't admit it. So I'm not giving up. I'm gonna fight for you until your heart stops beating.”

“Well, then you're not gonna have to fight for long.”

“Your rushing into it because you're afraid you'll change your mind.”

“No, I'm not. I know what I want.”

“You wouldn't have to change for me, Bella, or say goodbye to anybody. I can give you more than him. I mean, he probably can't even kiss you without hurting you.” I took her hand and placed it over my heart. “Feel that? Flesh and blood. And warmth.” Then I did the inevitable. I leaned forward and kissed her.

Maddie's POV

I felt the tears burn the back of my eyes as I watched Jake kiss Bella. My heart felt like it stopped beating and tore in two. I turned and ran out the back door and into the woods.

I ran until I couldn't breathe any more before laying down in the dirt. I didn't care who found me. I just layed there trying to catch my breath so I could run some more. I knew Jake would be out looking for me and would probably find me soon, but I didn't care.

I heard a twig snap close by. I sat up and looked around but saw nothing but trees. I heard something moving around me. My heart felt like it was going to pound right out of my chest. Then everything seemed to stop.