‹ Prequel: New Moon's Love
Status: Complete!!!!

Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Chapter 6

Everything was silent except for my heavy breathing and pounding heart. I didn't know where I was so it could be anything. All of a sudden, I saw a man standing a few feet from me. He was tall and had short almost black hair. He had pale skin and yellow eyes.

“Emmett?” I asked recognizing him.

“Maddie? What are you doing here?”

I had met Emmett two years ago when I was in the ER. He was there with Carlisle and he held my hand as I got stitches in arm after falling out of a tree house. I instantly fell in love with his cocky attitude. He kind of reminded me of my brother in a way.

“I ran away.” I said looking down.

“Why?” He was now sitting on a log in front of me.

“Because I......I saw Jake kissing Bella.” I pulled my knees to my chest.

“I'm sure it wasn't what you think. Its probably a huge misunderstanding.” He put a cold hand on my back. “Want me to run you back to the boarder?” I nodded.

He bent over and I jumped on his back. The trees turned to a blur when he started running. We made it to the border in what seemed like a few seconds. He set me down and rubbed my back.

“Don't worry. Just give him some time.” I nodded and crossed the border.

I started to walk back to La Push. I made it about a mile before running into my brother. I came face to face with a grey wolf. I gulped as he growled deeply, smelling Emmett on me. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes and immediately stopped growling. I dropped to my knees and put my face in my hands, my body shaking with sobs. Paul layed down in front of me and gently nudged me with his nose. I wrapped my arms around him and cried, I intertwined my fingers in his fur and he stood up pulling me with him. He stepped back and I let go of him. He licked the salty tears off my face and whined.

I pulled myself onto his back and he walked back to town. He dropped me off at Sam and Emily's while he went back into the woods to phase back. I sat on the porch and waited for Paul.

When Paul came back, I stood up and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me and gently rubbed my back.

“What's the matter girly?” He asked me.

“I-I saw Jake kissing Bella.” I felt Paul start shaking.

He let my go and stormed into the house.

“You! I should rip your head off right now!”