Status: Updating. Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!

Blind Ambition

Epiphany

GARRETT'S POV

"Wow guys, so mature. You're still not talking to me? Pat, Kennedy? Come on." It's been months since it happened but they still ignored me most of the time and when they do talk to me, it's like we didn't know each other for years. I was getting sick of it.

"You had a chance and you screwed up. She was one of the best things that ever happened to you. Sure there might have been some problems but she made you happy, Garrett. She made you happier than you've ever been in years. I don't know why you let her go," Kennedy said.

He was right. I screwed up. But it wasn't entirely my fault. "You'd have to admit that what she did was wrong too!" Sure, she made me happy, but she made me mad as hell too.

"And what did she do, Garrett?" Pat asked, his eyes holding mine. "She did whatever she could to live her dream and make her dad, who now passed away by the way, proud. She admitted her wrongs, are you really just going to sit around and whine like a little kid about how she hurt you or whatever when you could've been happy with her?" Pat asked.

I couldn't answer. I couldn't argue with them anymore.

I almost jumped when I heard a knock on the door.

"Hi guys." I actually wanted it to be her.

"Hey dude, what's up?" Kennedy asked Justin.

"Well, for starters, we're forming a new band," he said.

"That's cool, man! Looking for any touring buddies?" Pat said.

"Why don't you ask their new manager," Tim asked from behind me.

"That's awesome!" the guys cheered.

"Um, does Adrien know this already?" I asked.

Justin smiled. "Nope, she has no idea. May I speak with you outside?"

I sighed and followed him to the front porch. "So," I started.

"Tell me, Garrett, do you love my cousin?"

I was taken aback, I didn't know what to answer. "I don't know."

"Well, she wanted me to give you this." He handed me a letter.

"What is it?"

"I don't even know, she told me she'd kick my balls to Pluto if I peeked. I swear, that girl is so weird, I don't even get it sometimes."

I laughed. "I know."

"She's very sorry, Garrett, she really is. She's been blaming herself for everything. I've never seen her like this and to be honest, right now, she needs someone who gets her, someone who understands her. I don't know about you but the two of you are the weirdest people I've met. So, yeah, see you around." As I watched him leave, my mind was going through every possible things that could be written in this letter. Would she be mad? Furious? Outraged?

Suddenly, I heard another knock just as I closed the door.

"Garrett, it's me, Ashlyn."

What the actual fuck. "Get out. Now."

"I know you're mad at me and I'm not here to get you back. I'm here to tell you a secret."

"If this is another one of you stupid lies, I don't want any part of it."

"No, what I'm going to say is the truth."

I sighed. "I'm listening."

"Remember all those stuff we talked about? All those music stuff? I never really liked any of those. Adrien gave me all those information. She liked and knew all those stuff, not me. And it wasn't her who made up this whole plan, I kind of threatened her to follow what I told her. I'm really sorry," she said before leaving.

Well I can't say that I didn't see this coming. It always seemed like it was Adrien speaking whenever I talked with Ashlyn about the stuff I liked. I didn't, on the other hand, expect Ashlyn to say this to me. I always thought it would be Justin or Philip to tell me this.

"Why are you doing this, Ashlyn? What's in it for you?"

"I don't know, maybe it's my dad bitching endlessly about it, and telling me I won't be able to sing again unless I make this right. And I can't deny the fact that Adrien and I have been through a lot together. If I can't make everything right, at least I can tell the truth.

Then it dawned on me. There was never a reason for me to be confused between Ashlyn and Adrien. I had always liked Adrien, she was the one I could talk to all night, the one I felt comfortable being with. I love her, and there's no question about that.

I went up to my room and tore the envelope open.

"Garrett," it read, "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry for lying to you. I'm sorry that I was selfish. I'm sorry for being a bitch. I'm sorry for confusing you. I'm sorry for setting you up. I'm sorry for using you. I'm sorry for fucking things up. I'm sorry for falling in love with you. It took me a great deal of time to admit this to myself and it wasn't easy. I never planned this, I didn't want these to happen. Most of all, I'm sorry for doing all those things that I ended up losing you. See, even in the end I'm a selfish brat. I wouldn't even say anything to make myself seem better than I actually am. You deserve better. You deserve happiness. I'm not asking for a second chance because I sure as hell don't deserve it. So, goodbye, Garrett. I know it would be best for you if we don't see each other again.

P.S. If ever we meet again several years from now, I will surely and completely expect a punch in the face. I totally deserve it."

I laughed. Typical Adrien. I was speechless. Did she actually think of me the same way? Will this actually end good? Well, it's up to me to find out.

I called up Justin. "Hello?"

"Yes?"

"Where's Adrien?"

"She's at the music store, trying out new guitars. Why?" he asked, the excitement obvious in his voice.

"Remember what you asked me earlier?"

"Yes, what about it?"

"My answer's yes, I do love her, and I'm going to let her know."
♠ ♠ ♠
AAAAHHHH only 1 or 2 chapters left... I just don't know how to continue it anymore, I felt like I lost the connection with this story and I think it's all over the place. I am very much grateful to all of you for bearing with my extremely late updates.
I'm going to start a new one though, featuring John Gomez, and I hope you support it as much as (or maybe even more than) you supported this fanfic!
I have a calculus test to study for, so bye!