Status: Updating. Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!

Blind Ambition

Bipolar Relationship

ADRIEN'S POV

Hours passed and soon it was time for the next show. The venue was packed with even more people than last night. I couldn't even believe my eyes. This was by far the biggest crowd we've ever played for.

"Good luck," Garrett told us after they played.

"Thanks man," I said. It's time to rock.

After the show, we took some pictures with the fans and signed some autographs for them. It was unbelievable. Justin and I used to practice signing autographs when we were kids but I never expected it to be this awesome. It was tiring, yes, but still absolutely fun. The fans were really nice!

"Adrien, you're like my hero! I learned how to play the guitar because I wanted to be like you!" a blond girl about my age exclaimed enthusiastically.

I smiled while I adjusted my glasses. I never thought I could make this much of an impact. "Thanks, I'm just doing what I love! I'm sure you'll be great at it, just don't give up."

"I promise, I won't," she smiled back and waved.

We received a lot of gifts from the fans, mostly bracelets and stuffed toys and letters. It was heartwarming to see them appreciate all our hard work and effort. It makes all of these much less exhausting. And I hope each and everyone of them know that.

"Phew, I'm exhausted," Ashlyn said as we entered the bus.

I sat down beside her. "At least we met our fans."

"Sure, whatever. I'm sleepy." She stood up and went straight to the bathroom to do all her beauty regimen to keep her flawless face in tact. I call it a waste of time.

I took off my shoes and was about to put it in the closet when I heard someone say, "Eewww what's that smell?" It was Garrett.

"Oh you mean this?" I put the shoe closer to his face. It wasn't smelly, I think. He was just trying to annoy me.

"Eww, put that away from me!" he yelled.

I laughed at him. "What a sissy."

"I hate you," he told me.

"Well, you know what's great about that? I hate you too!" I said matter-of-factly.

"Shut up. Just go sleep. And remember to use the ladder. You use it to go up to your bunk so you won't end up sleeping on the couch." He said it like he was talking to a kindergartner.

"I know, I know. I'm not a kid."

"Why do I find that hard to believe?"

I glared at him, put my shoe inside the closet, and put on my slippers.

I went inside the bathroom after Ashlyn. I brushed my teeth then changed into my glow-in-the-dark pajamas.

I stepped out of the bathroom and checked the clock. It was 11 pm. I went to my bunk, removed my eyeglasses, and lied down, facing the wall. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but I couldn't. My mind was wide awake but my body was so tired. I couldn't get a lot of stuff out of mind and I don't even know what these things are, they're all jumbled and disorganized and they just kept on bugging me. I shifted to the side and saw Garrett on the bunk across me, looking straight at me, his blue eyes, still visible in the darkness. I gulped.

"Can't sleep?" he asked softly.

I shook my head and frowned.

"Me too," he said. "Want to go outside and do something?"

"Nope," I answered truthfully. "I'd rather just lie down here. I'm tired but my brain doesn't want to sleep. It's frustrating," I whispered.

"Well, you can't force yourself to sleep. I've learned that from a TV show. The more you force yourself to sleep, the harder it is to actually sleep because you're keeping your mind awake."

"Oh," I said. "Well, I'll just stare at the ceiling then." I did as I said.

There was a short pause before he spoke up. "Why did you want to be in a band?" he asked me, his voice soft and gentle.

I smiled, staring at the ceiling. "Well, I've wanted to make music ever since I was a kid. Justin and I always talked about making it big someday. Our dads were brothers and they were also very into music which was probably why we got into it as well. I just love what music does to me. I just feel happy, you know? It wasn't even about the fame or the money, honestly, 'cause I'm not exactly the type who wants all the attention on myself. I just want people to experience the happiness and fulfillment I get when I make the melodies and rhythm of every song we perform."

"Same here. I just love where music takes my brain. So when Pat and I decided to form a band, I was so excited. And that moment when we recorded our first EP, it was so...it was just perfect." He sighed. "But I miss my family and friends, I mean, I tour for 9 months out of the year."

I laughed. "Yeah, I almost didn't go on tour because my mom didn't want me to. She cried but she got over it eventually. I just turned 19 last February and I was an only child so it was hard for her to let go."

He laughed. "Well, at least you're here now."

"I think this is weird, don't you?" I said with a laugh. "One moment, we're taunting each other and the next we're having these heart to heart talks."

"Yeah. I think it's 'cause you're bipolar."

I threw a pillow at him. He threw it back. I held up a clenched fist at him and he covered his face with his blanket. "Coward," I said.

"Well, you're not exactly a weakling. What if you really did punch me?"

"Are you an idiot? You're a couple of feet away from me. I don't exactly have 2 feet arms."

"Well, you never know." And we were back to our usual bickering.

I looked at him and laughed. "You know, I never told these things to anyone. Not even Justin. Thanks, for listening," I told him and smiled. It was true. People would just probably laugh at me or not even believe me 'cause this wasn't what I would usually say.

"No problem," he said with a grin. "Anything you want to get off your chest, just tell me. I won't judge you."

And to be honest, I knew he wouldn't. And I found that comforting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to khaaaaai for the comment!
Comments? Suggestions? Please? I'm begging? Haha loljk
Hope you enjoyed this chapter! :D