Status: between daily - a week :)

I Know My Mother Love Me, but Does My Father Even Care?

I'm falling to pieces

Jimmy’s pov
I'm so angry at my dad, I'm shaking. Everything will be alright. It’s quite obvious it isn’t going to be. Mom. I want my mom back. I know it probably sounds selfish, but she’d know what to do in a situation like this. I don’t know what to do. I can’t go back to the house to see Frankie, or even Sulley. What about Damon? Damon, he’ll understand.

Damon’s pov
The knock on my door woke me up I looked at the time, 10; 57. I must have fallen asleep early. I went downstairs to answer it.
I opened the door, “Jimmy,” I asked rubbing my eyes.
I saw a tear roll down his face and off his pale chin. He was drenched in blood and he was standing at a slant.
“She’s dead,” he muttered.
“Who’s dead?” I asked.
“My mom,” he looked up from the floor to me and started to cry.
I pulled him inside and shut the door. I hugged him into my shoulder and felt him shake from crying. I gently pulled away from him.
“Jimmy look at me,” I said.
He blankly ignored me and replied, “It’s his fault, and it’s my dads fault,”
“Jimmy, you have to sort things out with your dad,”
“Why?” he said stopping crying. “Why should I?”
“He’s the only family, not including Frankie, that you’ve got left,”
He stood there for a while thinking about it then nodded.
“Alright mate, we’ll talk tomorrow in school,” I smiled.
He nodded and walked out the front door. I turned my phone on and received a text, from Jimmy, from 9; 46 saying ‘my dad still hasn’t turned up’.
I felt guilty for turning my phone off and not being there for Jimmy but I hope he’s alright now.

The revs pov
Leana came round to see me. Jimmy still hasn’t come back and I'm starting to worry.
Frankie came downstairs and said, “Who’s this?”
“A friend,”
“His girlfriend,” Leana corrected.
Frankie raised his eyebrows and stared at me.
“I'm sorry,” I muttered.
“How…” he turned to Leana. “Don’t take offence,” he smiled then turned back round to me. “How disrespectful can you be James? Your sons’ mom just died and now you’re already bringing a replacement?”
I looked at him. I was lost for words. I just watched him walk back upstairs.
“He’ll come,” leana whispered soothingly. “He just needs some time that’s all.”
As soon as she finished her sentence the front door opened and quietly shut again. Sulley came down the stairs and whimpered in the hall sensing Jimmy’s sadness. I followed Sulley and looked at Jimmy. He was on his knees cuddling into Sulley and she licked his face.
“Jimmy,” I said.
He stood up, I thought he was going to leave again so I quickly said, “I'm sorry.”
“I'm sorry” he replied. “It wasn’t really you fault, I was just…”
“It kind of was. It was my fault and I’ll do anything to make it up to you.”
“There’s nothing you can do,” he assumed, then added, “You can’t bring people back to life.”
I watched him as his eyes suddenly filled up with tears which were dying to come out.
“Jimmy don’t be afraid to cry,” I whispered.
“I can’t stop crying and I’ve had enough of it now.”
Sulley licked his hand and looked gently up to his face. I walked up to him and hugged him. He hugged me back with one arm and continued to keep Sulleys comfort him with the other. I rolled my eyes up trying to persuade my tears to stay where they were. This is the first time I’ve properly hugged Jimmy let alone hug him.
Jimmy pushed away to wipe his tears.
“Jimmy,” I whispered. “I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry I wasn’t a good father and ignored you most of your life but I promise that’ll change now.”
He just nodded and looked behind me.
“Who’s that?” he demanded

Jimmy’s pov
My dad looked at me and sighed, “This is Leana,”
“Who?!”
“Leana, my girlfriend,”
“Either you got over my moms death really quick,” he argued. “Or you’ve been cheating.”
“Jimmy,” he looked confused. “You know I cheated, you said at the ally,”
“I was just guessing reasons why you were away so much; I didn’t think you were actually that low!”
”Jimmy” my dad claimed. “If I could take it back I would, but I can’t change it now,”
“Even if you could you wouldn’t, you’re just saying that cos my moms dead, if she didn’t you would still be acting your own selfish way!”
I walked upstairs ignoring him calling me and went to my room. I laid on my bed and picked up a small photo of my mom and stroked it gently with my thumb. I placed it carefully under my pillow and silently shut my door.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment or subscribe please? it means a lot to me when you do :)