‹ Prequel: Holding My Heart
Status: Active but a little slow.

You're Overdue

All I Want Is You Tonight

*******
Ann’s POV

Ok, so when I want to be violent I may take it too far. Not intentionally. I mean it. When I punched Patrick I really didn’t mean to do some damage. I never really thought that my training with Pete was going to come in handy.

I don’t know were it came from but the urge to knock Patrick out came quick and fast. Though, when he hit the ground I soon regretted what I did. It gave me my distraction I needed to leave the house but it wasn’t exactly how I wanted to approach the situation.

Joe took care of Patrick as I ran down the steps of my apartment. I past Andy before he could question me and I grabbed my shoes from near the door. I pulled them on and left the house. Not really caring to lock the door.

So maybe putting myself in danger wasn’t going to make me any safer clearly but I figured if I could get Brendon out of hiding I could tell him about the letter and what Ronnie was planning.

Then it kinda dawned on me.

Wouldn’t Ronnie be expecting me to do this? Make it easier for him to catch Brendon? So this meant I probably should go home and apologize to Patrick but no. Once I was out here I could at least see how many Dandies were here before the whole group gets home.

And if Brendon was following me? Well, I could probably spot him moving around on roofs or something. I knew he’d be out here. If I was he’d be there in a heart beat. Or so I hoped.

“Well, look who is all alone.”

Ronnie came out of no where in front of me and I almost walked into him. He tilted his head to the side and looked at me as I got a good look of him. He hadn’t really changed other then he looked clean.

His dark hair was shorter then I’ve seen it and he had a dress shirt on with a decent pair of slacks. It was like the two clans had merged fashion and updated. I was happy they lost the jackets and the hats. The only one who looked decent in them was Brendon anyways.

“Hello Ronnie.”

“I take it you got my letter?”

I nodded and walked right up to him, “You stay away from my Brendon. Got it?”

He placed a smile on his face and sarcastically let a shiver run through him, “God you’re sexy when you get all dominate. No wonder Brendon liked you.”

I tried to walk past him, “Correction, loves me. He loves me.”

Ronnie grabbed onto my wrist as I passed him, “Is that why he left? He loves you?”

I ripped my arm away from him and pointed my finger at him, “You have no idea what happened that night. If you were half the man of Brendon you’d understand and he never left me. He’s still here and watching you.”

Ronnie got cold, “Is he?”

Ronnie grabbed my wrist with the finger pointing at him and his lips wrapped around my finger. I felt him pierce the skin and I let out a sound of discomfort at I tried to get away from him.

I heard a third voice behind Ronnie, “Get your hands off my girl.”

Ronnie let go of me and I wiped my hand on my jeans. I didn’t know what was worse. Him biting me or his saliva all over me. Granted I was still bleeding it was a small enough cut.

“Nice of you to join us Urie but I think she’s single seeming the fact you left her.”

Ronnie smirked at me and I moved to looked past Ronnie and sure enough Brendon was behind Ronnie with a knife at Ronnie’s back. Though, Brendon had changed since I had last seen him. I could see the one I feel in love with but this one looked more ragged.

Brendon’s hair was longer. A lot longer then his short hair that I was used to. It was reaching past his chin and hid his ears almost completely. The front was still a little short. He had bangs down to his eyebrows bit swiped to the side.

He was still handsome even with the dark bags under his eyes.

I felt the lump in my throat sit causing pain because he was right there in front of me. My Brendon was solid. The man I loved and tried so hard to live without for six month was here tonight and I could see him. It took everything I had not to run over there and kiss him a million times.

His voice was low, “I never left her.”

Ronnie turned towards him, “Really? What do you call your six month absence then? Were you finding yourself?”

Brendon moved within a flash. He had Ronnie by the throat against a telephone pole and was hissing at him with that knife ever to close to Ronnie’s neck. Ronnie struggled but Brendon seemed to hold Ronnie with no effort at all. I was impressed but surprised. Brendon still had the strength the night Pete died.

Brendon practically spat at Ronnie, “Do you know what happens to vampires that leave their clan and join a new one?”

Ronnie smirked, “Go on if you’re so big and bad. You’ve killed two clan leaders. What is one more?”

I also saw the rage he had that night as he let the knife dig into Ronnie’s skin, “You deserve to die.”

I called his name softly, “Brendon.”

He looked over at me and his look softened. Letting Ronnie shove his knee into Brendon’s chest and Brendon let go. Ronnie let his fist collide with Brendon’s face and Brendon sent one back.

I know I probably should be helping the fight but it was still a shock to see Brendon in front of me. His clothes seemed pretty normal. He had on a pair of jeans and some kind of band tee. He looked pretty normal to me. I was just worried he’d changed completely since he left.

I wasn’t paying attention to what they were saying but something stopped Brendon dead in his tracks. Ronnie couldn’t help but laugh at Brendon. Clearly I had missed something but I saw Brendon’s ball his fists and the one holding the knife looked ready to kill.

His voice was calm when he spoke to me, “Get out of here Ann.”

Ronnie continued to laugh, “Yes. Run Ann. Go home. Hide under the covers and wait till I come get you. Then we can celebrate his death together. Liked we planned.”

Brendon walked to block the path between Ronnie and I, “If you ever put your filthy hands on her again, I will rip you limb from limb.”

Ronnie seemed pretty content on ticking Brendon off, “Oh I’m going to do a lot more then put my hands on her once you’re gone.”

I reached forward and grabbed onto the arm that didn’t have the knife. I clung onto Brendon like a scared child. He was real and in front of me. I was holding on to his arm. I wasn’t imagining this and I wasn’t dreaming. I could smell the scent that had filled my room for months.

I felt him pull me close and blocked everything else out. This is what mattered. That I had a grip on him and he wasn’t going anywhere. The fact that he pulled me close was almost enough to choke up a sob.

“Ann?”

When I looked up at him I hadn’t noticed we were somewhere else. The taunting from Ronnie wasn’t around and we were on a roof somewhere. He had taken me somewhere away from Ronnie.

I looked up at his brown eyes and got a good look of his face. His was thinner in the face and his lips were dry, cracked, and paler. He had a little facial hair. It was a little fuzzy with a few prickly hairs but I didn’t care. I had him.

I let my hands grab onto his cheeks and I pulled him down for a kiss.

That was the one thing I wanted from Brendon.

Just one kiss to know he was alright and still mine.

I spoke against his lips, “I missed you.”

I heard the knife fall and Brendon grabbed onto my hips pulling me closer to him. I don’t care but it felt nice to have him against me. I didn’t feel empty anymore. Though I was ready to rip into him to find out what he’s been doing.

I pulled away and he looked at me. He gave me a weak smile and I smacked him. Not hard but enough to realize I was angry; “Don’t you ever do that again. Do you know what the past six months have been like? I have been worried sick! You hadn’t snuck back in here and there I would have thought you were dead.”

He gave me a confused look after kissing the hand that slapped him, “What do you mean snuck back in here and there?”

I gave him a weird look I was sure, “Every now and then I would walk into my room and smell you. Like you had been there.”

Brendon shook his head, “This is my first time in Illinois since I left.”

So if it wasn’t him doing that, who was?
*********
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, thanks for reading.
Please comment and subscribe.

Thanks to all the support so far. I mean damn! XD You guys really wanted this didn't you? Thank you so much. lol

So there! Brendon is back. XD Predictions?