Status: Complete

You Know I'm Never Gonna Let You Go

Seventeen

Avery

The necklace was beautiful, it looked exactly like the one Alex got for our anniversary years ago. I pulled back from the kiss. “I love you too.” I whispered against his lips.

Somehow my gaze drifted down to my hand and I sighed. “What’s wrong babe?” Alex asked softly. “It’s nothing.” I shrugged. He softly grabbed my chin, forcing me to look up at him. “Tell me.” I blushed a little. “I really hate the fact that I gave you the engagement ring back when I left.” I muttered. “In the beginning it felt so weird not to have it on. I never really got used to the….. empty feeling.”

I dropped my gaze to the floor. “It’s stupid. I know.” Alex kissed me again, softly this time. “It’s not stupid Ave.” He smiled a little. “I get it. You have no idea what it felt like for me to come home to find you gone. That ring was the only thing I had left. Wanna know a secret.” He chuckled and pulled a thin, silver chain for underneath his shirt. “I always kept it with me.”

Then I saw what was on the chain. It was my ring, my engagement ring. “Y-You kept it.” I choked out. Alex laughed. “Of course silly! What did you think I did with it? Throw it away? I love you Avery, I really do.” “I believe you.” I said, still completely in shock.

Alex kissed the top of my head. “I’m gonna take a shower.” He said. “Wanna join me.” “I think I’ll pass this time.” I laughed. “Your loss.” He shrugged and headed into the bathroom.

I laid down on the bed feeling happy, but tired. Suddenly my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was Ashley. “Hey Ash.” “Hey Ave. So killed my cousin already?” She laughed. “Nope, I would never do that to my best friend. Besides Alex and I aren’t gonna kill each other any time soon.” “And why is that?” “Because we made up.” I paused a few seconds. “And got back together.”

Ashley didn’t say anything for a few minutes. “Ash? You still there?” “Ave, listen. You cannot be back with Alex! You can’t, you hear me!” She practically screamed. “Ash, what’s wrong? Why not?” I asked worried. “Ave please listen to me carefully. There’s something you need to know, about Alex… He’s….” beep – beep – beep……

I looked up from my phone to see the battery was empty. I quickly threw the content of my bag on the bed to find the charger. “Fuck.” I couldn’t find it. Then I realized I probably left it in the previous hotel we stayed at. “DAMNIT!” I shouted.

The bathroom door opened and Alex appeared in the doorway, wearing nothing but a towel. “What’s wrong babe?” I spun around to face him. “You tell me.” I hissed. “I just got a panicky call from Ashley tell me to stay away from you. That I should not be back together with you. Why would she say something like that Alex?”

Alex smiled a little and pulled me closer. “Babe calm down. It’s probably nothing. I know Ash, and how worried she can get over her best friends. She’s probably just afraid you’re gonna get hurt again.” He kissed me softly. “And I’m not gonna let that happen again. I lost you once Ave, I’m not gonna lose you again.”

“Really?” I sniffled. “That’s all?” I looked up at him. “Alex if there’s something I should know, anything, please tell me now.” He looked me straight in the eye while saying. “There’s nothing Ave, I promise.”

I pulled back a little, suddenly realizing Alex was wearing nothing but a towel. “Uhm, Lex, you probably should put some clothes on….” I mumbled. “I don’t think I will.” He smirked. I shrugged. “Whatever. I’m gonna go change.” I tried to get into the bathroom, but a pair of strong arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me back. Alex fell down on the bed, pulling me on top of him. “Fuck that. You’re not going anywhere.” He mumbled before kissing me passionately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I'm back!

Spain was really awesome, but it sucked I didn't have internet or even my laptop!
This chapter is pretty important. What do you guys think about Alex? Is he being honest or is he keeping something from Avery? If so, what do you think it is?

Love, Felicia.