Status: Complete

You Know I'm Never Gonna Let You Go

Three

Avery

I stared at the twenty two year old in front of me. This could not be happening. There was no way that Ashley’s cousin was the same guy who broke my heart so many years ago. He changed, not much though, but he’d grown up. Even though he still had that boyish charm he definitely wasn’t a boy anymore. And, even though I would never admit it, he looked good, very good.

No, stop, I can’t fall for him again. No matter what happened I wasn’t going to forgive him and run back into his arms. I wasn’t going to fall for his ‘sex appeal’, I didn’t care he was Alex Gaskarth, to me he was just an East Coast kid with a record deal.

As I kept staring at him he walked passed Ashley, swinging his bag over his shoulder and smirked. “Hey babe.”

I didn’t know what to say. What does one same after being reunited with the person who broke their heart, after not having any contact whatsoever for more than 3 years? That second I knew I had two options. I could either make a scene and refuse to take him with me, risking getting murder by my sister, or I could act civil, maybe even act like nothing ever happened between us and just put up with him for the next couple of day.

Even though the first one was very tempting I figure the second would be better for all of us, so I took a deep breath and said a simple “Hello Alex.” “Long time no see darling, it’s been what? More than three years now?” He said casually, but I could hear the underlying anger when he said ‘three years’. I know Alex never forgave me for disappearing and I don’t think he even found out why I left.

“Yeah, something like that.” I mumbled. Alex shot me a grin. “Oh well. We’ll have plenty of time to catch up during our trip.” And he went to put his bag in my car. The next few days we’re going to be hell. Not only was Alex still angry at me for leaving, but he also knew exactly how to get under my skin. I knew for a fact he was going to use this trip to get his revenge.

Ashley had been looking at is with a confused look on her face. “Okay, what the hell just happened?” She said. I sighed. “You want to know the reason why I left Baltimore all these years ago?” I never really explained her what happened. “He’s putting his stuff in the back of my car right now.” I said. Ashley’s eyes went wide. “What? Oh god, Ave I’s so sorry. I had no idea! You don’t have to take him. I’ll….” “Ash stop, it’s fine. Maybe this is what we need.” I said thoughtfully. “We have a lot of unfinished business and maybe now we can put it behind us and move on.” My voice was hopeful , but I knew I was only kidding myself.

I would never be able to move on, because no matter how much I hated Alex a small part of me still loved him very much a little bit. And Alex? Well as far as I knew he didn’t hold grudges, but after what I did he would never forgive me, just like I would never forgive him for cheating.

I said my goodbyes to Ashley and told he I’d see her in a few days at the wedding. I turned back to my car to see Alex already sitting in the passenger’s seat, fumbling with the radio. I sighed and walked to the other side of the car and waved one last time at Ashley. “Bye Ash.” “Bye Avery, oh and please don’t kill Alex.” I can’t promise you that, I though and got in.

I started the car and drove off, not saying a word to Alex or even acknowledge his presence. I kept my eyes on the long, very long road in front of me, wonder how on earth I was going to survive the next few day.

After twenty minutes or so Alex decided to break the silence. “So Avery, are you ever going to talk to me or what?” I kept ignoring him. “Really? You’re gonna pretend I’m not here the whole way?” He snorted, but I kept looking at the road. “Fine.” He muttered and for a second I thought he’d given up, but of course Alex Gaskarth did not give up.

Suddenly I felt a warm hand resting on my bare leg. I mentally cursed myself for wearing shorts today and I squirmed away from him, but I still didn’t say a word. I heard him chuckled and felt his hand move higher up my thigh. I’m not going to give in, no matter what. I’m not giving in, I kept repeating the phrase in my mind like a mantra.

That was, of course, until I felt the tips of his fingers brush against my shorts. “ALEX!” I screamed, pushing his hand away. “Yes Avery.” He said innocently, a big smile on his face. “Don’t do that.” I hissed. “And why on earth are you smiling?” A even bigger grin spread across his face. “Because I finally got you to talk to me.” He said with a smug look on his face, making it very hard for me not to slap him.

“You’re an ass.” I muttered and turned my eyes back on the road. Alex laughed softly and leaned back in his seat. I glanced at the dashboard clock and saw it’s been only thirty minutes since we left Ashley house. I sighed, this was going to be a very long trip.

“Wow, nice comeback.” Alex said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. I slammed on the break, causing the car to come to an abrupt stop. “Okay that’s IT” I screamed. “I could so easily leave you stranded right here, but my sister is gonna kill me if I do that so I won’t. But there are a few thing you need to understand. Don’t talk to me unless it’s absolutely necessary, don’t touch me like that ever again and stop being so goddamn annoying!” I was pissed off and my sudden outburst seemed to caught him of guard. Alex simply nodded.

“Can I ask you something though?” He asked quietly. “What?” “Where are we gonna sleep during this trip?”

I froze and swallowed loudly. I hadn’t thought of that. My plan had been to find a hotel whenever I felt too tired to drive or just sleep in the car, I didn’t really care. But now Alex was coming with me there was no way I was going to sleep in the car with him, who knows what he would do.

“I… I don’t know.” I sighed in defeat. Alex chuckled. “You never were much of a planner, were you? Looks like we’re sleeping in the car. That’s definitely gonna be….. cozy.” He smirked at me. “Hell no! I’m not sleeping in this car with you! I rather sleep outside!” I exclaimed. “Right.” He snorted. “You wouldn’t last two seconds out there.”

“I hate you.” I mumbled and started the car again. “Love you too babe.” He smirked, sitting back and placed his feet on the dashboard.

I gritted my teeth in frustration. That was it. Fuck being civil, this was war. Alex could indeed get under my skin every time, but he shouldn’t forget I could do the exact same thing.

I grinned formed on my lips, let the games begin…..
♠ ♠ ♠
Has anyone heard the longer Dirty Work mash up from the deluxe version? It's on my tumblr if you haven't. Mash up. It's been on repeat ever since I found it and I'm completely in love with it.

Question: I used some lyrics from a DW song. I wonder who can find them :D

Oh, thank so much for all the comments guys, we both really appreciate it <3
I would love to know your thought on this or maybe some prediction as for what's gonna happen next.

Love Felicia