I'd Do it All Again For You

The Last Time You Came Through

As soon as I slipped my card through the slot and the light turned green I heard Hanna run to the door to greet me.

"Where were you? It's late!" I just starred at her, puzzled.

"I had a dinner date with Patrick, remember?"

"Exactly, how the hell did it last close to five hours? By my calculations this wasn't supposed to last longer than hmm half an hour before you ripped him appart." I just laughed at her.

"You know... he's really not a bad guy..." I said putting down my purse and sitting down on the bed.

"...oh no! Don't!" Hanna said, interrupting me.

"I'm just saying that we, well I for sure, misjudged him," Ietting myself fall on my back on the bed.

"Then... did you tell him about the baby?"

"Ugh...of course not! I can't! Just can't! I don't know him and he doesn't know me, if I get him into this he's gonna be around me all the time, and besides look at him and the schedule he's got! I don't think he need this right now," I said starring down at my belly and rubbing it.

"You do know one day you're gonna have to step on your pride and tell him or the kid himself will ask you who his dad is and you'll be left speechless," Hanna simply said, of course she made sense, but I didn't want to have any of it.

***

The rest of our week in L.A. went amazingly well after I wasn't trying to avoid Patrick anymore and all possibly compromising shots and angle were done. It was time to say goodbye again, so Pete organized a small dinner with a couple members of the crew after which we had to hurry to the airport to catch our flight home.

As usual Patrick was sitting next to me, over that week we had grown to be being pretty good friends. I had to admit he was funny and cute but because of the fact I was pregnant I wanted to keep my distances. I did my best to do so and make him understand that nothing would ever happen between us. Halfway through the dinner, Patrick leaned in on me and wispered : "Could I talk to you in private?"

I nodded and got up towards a small terrasse, he followed. I turned around to face him, I smiled lightly.

"So this is it eh? We're gonna say goodbye again, and not know when we're gonna see eachother again," he said in a sigh.

"We both have demanding jobs and live in different cities, at least we always have a lot of fun when we meet!" I said sternly, I couldn't let him win over me.

"But I feel there could be more..." He said getting closer to me and softly pressing his lips on mine before I could say a word.

I pulled away, with tears in my eyes. "I'm sorry Patrick, so sorry."

An hour later, Talia and I were at the airport checking in our luggage. Leaving Patrick the way I did felt wrong, but it had to be... at least this time I had given him the right phone number.
♠ ♠ ♠
happy new year loves! it's a bit short but at least the story is still going, right?

comments are love!
xo