Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Life

Alastor Moody

“Alastor Moody. Ex-Auror. Ministry malcontent and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I am here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?” Moody asked, I was sitting next to Hermione as we sat straight.

“When it comes to the Dark Arts I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgiveable Curses there are?” Moody spoke,
“Three, sir.” Hermione answered,
“And they are so named?” Moody started writing on the chalk board,
“Because they are unforgiveable. The use of any one of them will--” Hermione started,
“Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban, correct. The Ministry says you’re too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you’re up against! You need to be prepared. You need to find another place to put your chewing gum besides the underside of your desk, Mr. Finnigan!” Moody yelled,
“No way. The old codger can see out the back of his head.” Seamus muttered, Moody suddenly thrown the chalk towards Seamus as most of us ducked,
“And hear across classrooms!” he yelled.

“So which curse shall we see first? Weasley!” Moody yelled,
“Yes?” Ron almost jumped out of his skin,
“Stand.” Moody spoke, Ron stood up slowly, “Give us a curse.” Moody spoke,
“Well, my dad did tell me about one. The Imperius Curse.” Ron spoke,
“Oh, yeah, your father would know all about that. Gave the Ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why.” Moody pulled out a small creature.

Engorgio.” was the first spell he cast making the creature bigger.

Imperio!” was the curse.

The spider-looking thing jumped on the table and then landed on Crabbe’s head, most of us started laughing,
“Don’t worry. It’s completely harmless.” Moody laughed, he then moved it onto the Patill twins. It climbed up her arm until it flew above Ron’s head, “If she bites, she’s lethal.” Moody laughed, Draco burst out laughing, “What are you laughing at?” Moody spoke and flew the spider onto Draco’s face, I burst out laughing as Draco screamed like a little girl. “Talented, isn’t she. What should I have her do next? Jump out the window?” Moody smacked the spider on the glass, “Drown herself?” Moody spoke as the spider stopped above a bucket of water. The spider slowly floated back to Moody’s hand.

“Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did You-Know-Who’s bidding under the influence of the Imperius Curse. But here’s the rub: How do we sort out the liars? Another, another. Up, up. Come on.” Moody spoke, most of us raised our hands now.

“Longbottom, is it? Up.” Moody spoke, Neville stood up, “Professor Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for herbology.” Moody spoke, Neville nodded,
“There’s the… the Cruciatus Curse.” Neville spoke,
“Correct, correct. Come, come. Particularly nasty. The torture curse.” Moody spoke, I closed my eyes not wanting to see this.

Crucio!” Moody spoke, the creature started screaming in pain.

“Stop it! Can’t you see it’s bothering him? Stop it!” Hermione yelled, moments later the screaming stopped, I felt a hand grab my own, I smiled briefly at Hermione as Moody walked over to us, he put the spider on top of her books.

“Perhaps you could give us the last Unforgivable Curse, Miss. Granger.” Moody spoke Hermione shook her head, her eyes were showing she was close to crying as I held her hand.

“No? Avada Kedavra!” Moody spoke, I closed my eyes as a small boom happened and I couldn’t sense life from they spider any more.

“The Killing Curse. Only one person is known to have survived it and he’s sitting in this room.” Moody pulled out his drink and had a sip.

As we left the class Hermione wasn’t too happy about that lesson.

“Brilliant, isn’t he? Completely demented, of course, and terrifying to be in the same room with but he’s really been there, you know? He’s looked evil in the eye.” Ron spoke,
“There’s a reason those curses are unforgivable. To perform them in a classroom… I mean, did you see Neville’s face?” Hermione spoke, I nudged Hermione as we were just walking past Neville.

He was staring blankly at a window,
“Neville?” I asked, Moody came walking down the stairs,
“Son? You all right? Come on. We’ll have a cup of tea. I want to show you something.” Moody spoke, Neville trailed after Moody.