Status: exams so may be pauses between each chapter

Love Blinds

Chapter 10

A week later, or so I am told, I was told that I could leave the hospital. Harry had been allowed into my room once every day, with Wills or Kate or both there all the time, to show me that it was the drugs and not Harry, but I am still afraid of his voice.
“Right, so how are we going to do this?” Will’s voice rang out into the room to anyone who was listening.
“Do what?” I asked back.
“Get you out. We, um, haven’t told you this yet Nat, but, um, the paps have kind of found us. They saw Kate getting coffee at Costa and followed her back here. They think that it’s me that’s ill. Because it’s being kept such a secret, the press are playing on it, saying that I am suffering from some type of genetic royal disease! It’s really funny!”
“Sorry Will.”
“Not your fault, anyway, we have a plan.”

About an hour later, I was being led out of the hospital, one arm being led by Will, the other by Kate. Harry had been discharged before the press found us here so there hadn’t been a problem with any rumours around him. I was marched down what I assumed was a corridor, from the echoes, and through two sets of double doors. As soon as I reached the outdoors, I was met by a load of people shouting and a lot of camera’s going off around me. Ah, the press. Quite a few people gasped, did I really look that bad? They were all shouting at Will for an explanation.
“Look! Get lost! I’m just looking after my friend…” Kate shouted at them as she was trying to push me through the crowds towards a car she told me was waiting, but press photographers kept pushing me back so that they could get the best shot, or that’s what I was told they were doing by Kate later. I covered my head with my hands and let Kate lead me though the crowd. I think she elbowed a few people, from the grunts that resonated around me from people. Will shortly pushed his own way though and took up a stance in front of me, guiding my hands to his waist so that I could follow him. I almost got tripped by photographers several times, and Will had to catch me once as I almost toppled over. All the while, the press still hounded us, stepping on my feet for the best shot, I really hate them! Will pilled us all into the car and then turned round to address the assembled body.
“Right! Listen here, this is all you are going to get. I am extremely disappointed in you all. This is how the British media is willing to treat a disabled woman, pushing her away from the car to get the best shot, stepping on and tripping her to get a shot of Kate or my face. This is not on. As for the rumours, as you can see, I am not ill. I was only in the hospital to look after my friend.”
“Who’s the woman, Sir?” A reporter shouted out from the crowd, male by the sounds of it, English.
“A good friend who has gone through a terrible ordeal and will be staying at Buckingham palace until she recovers.”
“What happened to her sir? Did she have the same accident as Prince Harry?” The same voice rang out from the crowd.
“Sort of. She has been temporarily blinded, maybe for a few months, maybe for a year, maybe more. And now you see that you shouldn’t have treated her this way!”
I heard someone advance to the car, I assumed it was Will until another male voice spoke, different than the reporters.
“Sir, please may I approach the lady?”
“You may.”
I heard footsteps coming towards the car, towards the still open door, which Will was standing in front of.
“Hello Lass, um, sorry, I think I was the one that tripped you back there. Never meant no ‘arm like, just needed a good shot otherwise I don’t get paid. Really sorry, and, um, hope you get better soon.” A hand patted me on the shoulder and left the space around the car.
“Now there! There’s a man who you can be proud of! One member of the press with morals!” With that Will slipped in beside me and the car took off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, probably won't be another update for a while as I'm away. See you soon :) x