Status: updating soon

It's a Cold World

CHAPTER 12

I woke up early that morning (7:30), because I wanted to pay Tony a visit. I got dressed in some comfortable clothes. Basketball shorts and a white-T. I grabbed my keys and walked out of my bedroom. Oh yea, I need to grab a stack. I went back in my room to my stash and grabbed $700. This should do.

I went to Cory's room and knocked on his door. I heard footsteps then he opened it slowly. When I was able to see his face, he was rubbing his eyes and yawning. I smirked. I peeked over his shoulder and seen Carry sound asleep.
"Ha. You have a nice sleep?" He frowned.
"Man, hell nah. She's been throwing up a lot. It scares me." He said walking into the hallway with me and shutting the door behind him. I backed up and nodded.
"That comes with the pregnancy. You know that right?" I asked raising a eyebrow at him. He nodded.
"Where you going looking all ugly and shit?" He asked looking at me with my keys in my hands and everything. "Oh, I'm going to see Tony. And maybe go to a few other places."
"Oh. Iight. And um, Carry's going to be staying with us for a while." I opened my mouth to ask why, but he stopped me. "Don't ask bro. Don't ask." And with that, he went back inside his room and shut the door.

'Okay' I thought in my head. I went out the front door and started walking.

I'm sure there's nobody out this early. Everybody in the hood likes to sleep in. I was just walking and pulled out my phone. I had a text from Kelly saying good morning. She's woke? I texted back good morning.

Hmm. I wonder if she would want to go shopping. I texted her and asked and she said that I didn't have to spend any money on her. I texted back and told her that I insisted. She begged several times that I shouldn't do that and that I needed my money. I refuse to give in. I told her that she deserves to be treated like a queen. Finally she gave up and said fine. I told her that I would be to get her in a few. She texted back with a smiley face and I smiled.

I was still walking when I passed by the park. There was nobody there but a group of guys. I couldn't see any of there faces. I started really looking because one of the guys hairstyle looked familiar.

They all looked at me and my eyes got wide. I took off running and then I heard gunshots. Damn. Good I'm wearing these basketball shorts. Their not tight at all, which is giving me more speed. I was running for my life, and I heard them behind me yelling "Get that nigga" and I took off even faster.

Why did I have to run into them? I was approaching a corner when a bullet hit the brick wall, and I covered my head but kept running. I turned the corner but didn't slow down.

"THERE HE GO!!" I heard from behind me. Man, damn. They was running after me. My stamina started going low. I couldn't do it anymore. I use to run from cops and didn't get tired. Oh yea, I was younger. I tried to keep going, but then I felt a sharp pain go through my leg. I stumbled but tried to keep running. I looked down and seen all the blood escaping my leg. I cant stop or I'm gone for good. I turned another corner and then slid into a ally. I slowly slid down against a dumpster. I looked at my leg and seen how bad it was. Fuck. Good I was headed to a hospital anyway. I stood back up.

I cant stay here long, because they might come back. As soon as I was up, I heard another gun shot. I ducked when it hit the dumpster behind me. I looked and seen 2 of the guys from peewee's group. I took off, but then got another pain. My side. I coughed up a little blood, but couldn't stop. I went onto the next street and seen Kekes house. "Keke" I said under my breath. I tried to run as fast as I could. They were all together now. I'm in her grass now. I can make it to the door. I know I can. One of the bullets hit her house and I ducked again.

I reached her door and started knocking like crazy. Another pain in my back. I fell to the ground. Her mom opened the door and tried to stand me up and I heard them all take off running. I tried my best to breath. "Ms- Ms.-" I was trying to say her name. "Please ca-call c-co-Cory" and I was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment. Oh, and check out the pictures of the characters and tell me what you guys think.!