Status: updating soon

It's a Cold World

CHAPTER 15

*Kelly’s point of view*

I talked to Cory today. He told me that Dante just got out the hospital and he wanted me to come over. I'm not sure about that. The last time me and Dante seen each other, it didn't go so good, but Cory got me to agree to go over there. And plus, I really miss Dante. I have been feeling so empty lately. But there is nothing I can do. He wanted to break up.

I went downstairs and walked into the kitchen where my mom was. "Mommy, can I borrow the car for the day?" She turned around to look at me, "Sure baby. Just take care of it." "Okay." I said and ran back up the stairs.

I went into my closet and looked around. What to wear? Hmm. I pulled out my khaki jeans with a light purple collar shirt. I probably look like I just got off of work. I through on my light purple flats to match and I let my hair hang loose.

I took my shower earlier. I just didn't put on a outfit because I didn't plan on going anywhere today. I sprayed on my perfume and went down the stairs. Grabbed the car keys off of the side table by the front door and ran out. I got in the car and prayed that today would be a good day.

~Dante point of view~

I woke up the doorbell ringing. Who the- Kelly!! I almost forgot she was coming over. I sat up slowly and tried to fix myself a little bit. Who am I kidding? I look ridiculous. I'm crippled for Goodness sake. Cory came in my room and said I have a visitor. Then he just stood there looking all awkward and shit.

"Damn, are you going to let her in?" I said getting kind of impatient. He flicked me off and said, "Get your ass up and come downstairs." I groaned but slid to the edge of the bed anyway. I grabbed my crutches and stood up. I really don’t want to use these things. I walked over to Cory and pushed him out of my way, making him stumble a little.

"Okay. Keep fucking with me. I'm a push your ass on the floor and you ain't gone be able to get back up.” I laughed at him, and he laughed with me. "Bitch ass nigga." I mumbled but he heard me and laughed louder. When we got to the living room, I saw Kelly sitting on the couch staring straight ahead. I cleared my throat and she stood straight up staring at me. We just looked at each other for a moment.

"Okay. Well I'm just going to leave you two love birds alone for a minute. I have to go check on Carry anyway. I'll be back later bro." He said going out the front door. I looked down at my crutches. "This is kind of… awkward" Kelly said with a light chuckle. I made my way over to her and took a seat on the couch she was just sitting at. She sat beside me.

"Look Kelly, I have been thinking lately and I really miss you. I didn't say what I said at the hospital that day to hurt you. I said it because I'm trying to look out for you. I just don't think that you would want to get involved with a guy like me. I'm just trouble. I didn't like the fact that you had to see me in the hospital with 3 bullet wounds." She just listened.

"But this past week has been really hard without you." I stopped talking to give her a chance to speak.

"Dante, You know how much you mean to me and I don't care if your in the hospital with 6 bullet wounds, your suppose to let me stand there and be there for you. Not push me away. It just really hurt me to hear you say that at the hospital."

I held my head down. I’m such an ass. I took her hand in mine and kissed it. "I didn't mean it. You just looked so hurt sitting there by my bed. I don't like seeing you like that." She smiled and then kissed my cheek.
"What that's all I'm getting? Girl I haven't seen or talked to you all week. You better come here." She laughed as I pulled her into my lap and kissed her. I missed her lips so much. She placed her hands on my chest while the kiss got deeper. I could stay like this forever. To bad she broke the kiss.

"So how have you been feeling?" I shrugged my shoulders. "This pain isn't a joke but I'll live. No big deal." I said. She laid on my chest and we talked for a good hour or two. Thank the Lord we got this mess cleared up. I got my girl back, but I know that something just isn't right. Every time something good happens, then something bad pops up. This feeling of happiness wont last long.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE