Status: updating soon

It's a Cold World

CHAPTER 16

*1 MONTH LATER*

Cory, keke and I are standing by my locker at school just talking. We have this one last class before the last bell rings to go home. Every girl that passes by, all I hear is ‘Hey Dante. Hi sexy’ and all that mess. I don’t even associate with these hood rats anymore since I met Kelly. She’s all that’s been on my mind. We have a date set this weekend for this restaurant, and I’m going to make sure this date goes smoothly. Cory has been focusing on carry. She is starting to really show now. And Cory is getting more and more excited by the day. Keke on the other hand, is still fooling around with this guy that she won’t tell me and Cory about. I mean, we are her best friends. Were not going to hurt the guy.

The bell rung and we all split up to go to class. Well Cory and I had the same last class so we stuck together. Once we got in class, we took our seats and pulled out our homework we did last night. Yes, we do our work when we want too. And then we pulled out our paper and pencil. Yes, we come prepared also. My phone buzzed and I pulled it out. The teacher hasn’t come in yet so I’m good. Just when I took mines out, Cory took his out too. I read mines.
‘Hurry up and get to the spot. Need you and Cory right now. Serious business.’ Mike.

Cory must have got the same thing because he looked at me and I looked at him. I sigh and stood up. I placed my homework on the teachers’ desk and walked out, with Cory doing the same. Place homework on desk and walked out. We got a few stares from out classmates but we ignored it. Man, I can’t believe I’m saying this but I actually wanted to stay in school today. I was ready to some work and everything.

When we walked out of the building, Cory said “Man. What the hell could this be about?” I shrugged. “I don’t know.” We looked around, and realized we don’t have any type of transportation. Guess we have to do what we have to do. We went up to a random car and Cory broke into it. I hot wired it and we were off. I drove to the hideout and we found the whole gang there.

“What up?” me and Cory said at the same time. Mike spoke of course. Oh and did I mention that Tony was out of the hospital and in good shape now. Anyway, Mike spoke.

“We located two of peewees guys by themselves off smoking a joint in a field somewhere. We have to take them out you guys. After what they did to Tony and Dante, we have too.” Mike finished off. Tony and I didn’t say anything. We just looked down. “OK. So everyone in?” Mike asked. Cory and I looked at each other, but I have a question. “Yo. What happens if we get there and then they whole crew show up?” Mike thought for a minute. “This war has to stop eventually. So we just have to be ready.” I gulped and looked back at Cory. He looked like he was ready. I guess.

“Is everyone packing?” Tony asked. Everyone rose up their shirts including Cory and myself. We stay caring our pistols. Tony nodded while smiling. “We ready.” And just like that. We climbed in our individual cars. We followed Mike’s car since he knew the field they were at. Cory didn’t speak and neither did I. We drove without the radio on also. “Are you good?” Cory asked me out of nowhere. I shrugged. “I don’t want to do this bro. I don’t like this idea. There are more of them then there is of us. If they all show up, were dead men.” I said slowly shaking my head. I looked around and noticed that we were driving pretty far. How the hell did Mike see them way out here? “I don’t like this idea either.” Cory said then paused. I looked over at him. He was staring out the window. “I can’t keep doing this. I have a baby on the way. I need to get my life together.” I nodded as I listened to him. Then I thought about Kelly. She would hate this.

20 minutes later we pulled up under a big tree by the field. We all got out of our cars and started following Mike. Cory scooted closer to me and said, “Hey man. I got yo back.” I smiled at this niguh. “I got yo back too bro. If anything happens to me, tell Kelly I love her.” He nodded and said, “If anything happens to happen to me, tell carry I love her and my baby.” I nodded, “but nothing is going to happen. We soldiers man.” I said and then we did our handshake.

I felt something deep inside of me telling me this isn’t right. This plan isn’t set right.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN READING MY STORY LATELY, AND EVERYONE WHO SUBSCRIBED. IM GLAD SOME PEOPLE LIKES IT. NEXT CHAPTER COMING SOON