Status: updating soon

It's a Cold World

CHAPTER 18

When I hit the ground I looked over my shoulder, and seen Cory lying across my legs unconscious. I quickly got up and was at his side. The water works started. He was just laying there not moving at all. Tony and mike was at my side in a flash.

“C-Cory. You have to w-wake up. Please. I need you and you have to wake up bro.” I sobbed as I held his bloody body. They shot him 3 times. All upper body: Shoulder, chest, stomach.
Mike spoke as he cried too. “Dante. Man, we have got to get him up okay. We have to take him to the hospital. He can still make it.” I stayed staring at Cory's body. This is my fault.

We turned around as soon as we heard cars speeding away. They were leaving? I looked down at myself and seen that I was now a bloody mess also. The tears wouldn’t stop coming. This is my brother right here. I stood up and mike and Tony helped me get Cory into the car. Where is the rest of the crew you may ask? I really could care less. I need to get Cory to the hospital.

I sat in the backseat while Tony and Mike were in the front. Cory wasn't making any movements. I was trying to cover his wounds so that he wouldn’t loose so much blood but the blood just wouldn’t stop gushing out. “Come on Cory man. Just stay with me a little longer.” I said above a whisper. We had to be breaking at least 5 laws in this car. Oh shit. Keke? Kelly? I have to tell them what happened. Keke will have a fit. I pulled out my phone and forward both of them a message that said, “Get to the hospital ASAP.”

We got to the hospital in less than 15 minutes. Thanks to Mike that is. We all rushed out the car and into the building. I didnt even have to say a word to the nurse at the front desk. She quickly picked up a phone beside her and spoke quickly, then hung up. Every nurse and doctor rushed to us panicking and took Cory out of our arms. This running around and shit only made me paranoid. I asked a nurse if he was going to be ok, and she totally blew me off. I seen as they rushed him to the back. I didn’t realize I was following the doctors and nurses until one lady stopped me and told me I couldn’t go back there. I looked at her like she was crazy.

“That’s my brother back there. And he needs me right now.” I started to cry without realizing it.. “He needs me man. We need each other.” And I sunk to the ground holding my face. This is some gay shit. But nobody has been through what Cory and I have been through. We ran away at 8 years old. Both of our lives were shit. We saved each other.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and I looked over to see Kelly sitting on the ground on the side of me, with tears in her eyes also. I shook my head and laid my head on her chest.

“He’s going to be fine Dante. He’s going to be fine.” She whispered in my ear. I looked up and seen keke standing there balling her eyes out. She was in Tony’s arms. This is all wrong. This wasn’t supposed to happen man. What if he doesn’t make it? What the hell am I going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo, comments anyone? Let me know what you think. And I am going to slow the story down thanks to a special someone who commented. !! welllll, here's chapter 18. Look for Chapter 19 next !! Oh, and subscribe. lol