Status: updating soon

It's a Cold World

CHAPTER 19

Hours passed by and I had no clue what was going on. I was scared to death to call Carry. I can just see it now. She would probably pass out or do something crazy to herself.

I couldn’t stop walking. I couldn’t stay still. Come to find out, the crew was alright. We took out half of peewee’s crew though. It has been…what? Three hours. And still no word on what is going on with Cory. Kelly was trying to calm me down but I couldn’t. Keke was still attached to Tony. They have been stuck like glue every since she got here. But anyways, now is not the time for that. I’ll have to confront her another time.

I saw a doctor walk through the double doors. “Cory-“I didn’t even let him finish. “Right here!” I said jogging over to him. He didn’t look very happy. “Are you Dante?” He asked carefully. “Yes. I am.” I said. I hate when doctors act like this. Just get to the damn point. “Well, um Cory is in a coma right now. We did the surgeries and got the bullets out and the wounds cleaned up, but he is not waking up yet. He lost a great amount of blood. I can’t say very much right now, but I can tell you to just pray for him.” He said very carefully. I wasn’t even looking at him anymore. I was staring at the blank white wall. Coma? He’s in a fucking Coma.

“Umm you’re free to go see him. He is right through them double doors. Room 154. Visiting hours are over at 9:30pm. I’m sorry again sir.” And with that he walked away. I stood there speechless. Keke walked up to me and said, “What did he say?” I cleared my throat. “H-He’s in a coma keke.” She gasped. “But we can see him. So if you want to go ahead and go in, then you can. He’s in room 154.” She nodded and began to walk but stopped when she seen that I wasn’t following. “Aren’t you coming?” she asked. “Um, maybe later. You go ahead and go see him.” I said trying to smile at her but failed miserably. She nodded and walked through the doors.

I went and took a seat on the couch. Carry? Uh. I have to tell her. She’s carrying his child. He has a baby on the way, and shit like this happens. I started banging my fist against my head. Not super hard, but I could feel it. I felt someone sit next to me and I knew it was Kelly. She removed my hands and held them. She leaned over and kissed me. I kissed back and it seemed that the kiss made me feel not so much like shit. She pulled away and said, “I think I’m going to go ahead and go back there with keke. Why haven’t you been back there yet? I thought you would be running to go see Cory.” She said standing. “I’ll go back there. Just not right now.” I said without looking up. She stood in front of me for a little while and then left.

Why haven’t I been back there yet? What wrong with me? I can’t see him like that. Laying there, with his life at risk. But I have to go back there and make sure he knows that I’m here for him.

I stood up getting ready to go back there, but one look at the doors and I sat back down. Man, what the fuck? Why can’t I just go back there? I looked across the room and seen Tony and Mike staring at me. I stared back and then we all looked away. We feel guilty. I can’t bang no more. I have to stop this shit. That could have been me instead of Cory. Wish it was me instead of him.

I sat in the chair for a good 30 minutes shaking my head, thinking.

Kelly and keke walked from the back room and sat next to me. Neither of them said a word. I sighed and stood up. Alright. Get this over with.

I rushed through the double doors and looked down the hall ways. I seen an arrow pointing to the right saying “Rooms 145-160” I walked that way and seen Cory’s room number. I opened the door and slowly walked in. They had so many machines hooked up to him. He looked . . . peaceful. I walked up to the side of his bed and sat in the chair beside it. I stared at him for a long time. I’ve heard that people who are in Coma’s can still hear what people say to them. So I’m going to give it a try.

“H-Hey Cory.” I choked out. “Yea, it’s Dante man. I’m right here for you.” I said in a whisper. “Umm, you got to be strong man. Carry needs you, and your child needs you. And. . . I need you.” I heard the door open and in walk a nurse. She smiled at me but I didn’t return it. I’m not in a very cheery mood right now. She did a few things and then left again. I looked back at Cory, and just sat there. Nothing else said.

I sat there all the way until the nurse told me that I had to leave and go home. Is this lady stupid? “I’m sorry, but I’m not moving.” I said and ignored her the rest of the time. I guess she gave up and let me stay there. Kelly walked in and sat in my lap. I wrapped an arm around her waist, and rested my head on her. She rubbed my back.

“It’s my fault. We were supposed to protect each other. But look at what happened. He’s in this shitty place.” I started shaking my head. She just listened to me complain and complain about the situation. And I was grateful she didn’t interrupt me.

“Baby, it’s ok. He’s going to be fine.” I looked up at her and said “Promise?” She hesitated a little but then said, “I promise.” I nodded. I hope she’s right.

The whole night, I stayed by Cory’s side. I slept for like an hour because the nurses kept running in and out. No sudden movement from Cory. Nothing at all. I closed my eyes but then felt my phone vibrating. I looked at it and seen the caller ID say ‘PoppaP’. What the hell does he want? Better question is: Should I answer it? I just stared at the screen and then looked up at Cory. Cory’s more important, so I let the call go straight to voicemail. Boy, Am I going to get my ass kicked for forwarding his call.

~~~~Next Day~~~~

I left the hospital around 9 that morning to go home and take a shower and all that good stuff. But bets believe I will be back there. After I got all dressed and clean, I headed to Carry’s house. Yea. It’s time to tell her. It wouldn’t be right to just let her stay clueless.

I walked up to her porch and knocked on the door. She came and said who is it. “It’s Dante Carry. Open up.” I said looking down at my shoes. I heard the door unlock and then I seen Carry’s feet. I looked up and she was rubbing her stomach. “Where’s Cory? You never come to my house with out him.” She said starting to frown. I frowned too, and looked back down. I heard her whisper, “Why do I have a feeling something is not right. Where is Cory Dante?” I could tell she was on verge of tears. “Umm. Carry, h-he’s in the . . . hospital. Carry-“she stopped me and cried out, “What happened to him? What happened? When did this happen Dante? Is he okay?” She was shaking now and I couldn’t help but pull her into a hug.

“Carry, he’s in a coma right now. Ok.” She cried harder. And I felt a tear go down my cheek too. I walked in her house with her still attached to me. We sat on the couch and I started to explain what happened and everything the doctor told me. She cried and cried and cried even harder. “Take me to him please.” She said and went upstairs. I waited for her too get dressed and then we were on our way.

I pulled up into the hospital and she got out and ran in. I already told her what room he was in. I walked in and went to the room also. I seen her sitting there holding his hand. Then she rested his hand on her stomach. I think I should give them some privacy so I waited in the waiting room. She was in there for like an hour. When she finally came out, I took her to get something to eat and then took her back home. I drove right back to the hospital and talked to Cory some more. Even though he wasn’t talking back, I know he could hear me.

I started to finally remember that PoppaP called me last night. Damn.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE !! THNX