Status: updating soon

It's a Cold World

CHAPTER 2

Dante age 13:

"Hurry up Cory or they'll catch us." I said in a rushed tone as me and Cory ran down the ally running for our dear lives.
We have been stuck like glue every since we first met, which was 5 years ago. We just got through robbing a corner store. What can I say, we need the money. Have to provide for ourselves you know. These past years have not been easy. We go from block to block doing everything in our will to get what we need and want.

"I'm right behind you.." I heard Cory say in the same tone.
After the police sirens died down, we stopped running and ducked behind a large garbage can. We took a few deep breaths and then started laughing. The adrenaline we feel is always exciting to us. They cops never caught us, and as we know they never seen the front of our faces. Clever...that's what we are. Let me just give you a update a little bit.

Cory and I are still in school. Do not get it confused either because we're pretty smart, but as soon as school let out, we're on our own. We started hustling too. Don't worry, we only smoke basic cigars. Nothing heavy. Don't ask where we live. We stay at a couple of friends cribs some nights and the other nights we stick it out on our own. We big boys, we can do it. We have been doing it for the past 5 years right? Exactly.

Im the smart, and caring, responsible one. I make sure we are good and everything. On the other hand, Cory is very careless. He don't really care what he does. I have to slap him in the head most times just to make sure his brain is still functioning, but back to reality.

"Man, that was awesome." Cory said still laughing. I nodded with agreement.
"Yea, so what are we going to do with the money?" I asked catching my breath a little better. We both took a moment to think.
"Let's go grab a few stuff from the mall. Maybe the new Jordans that just came out. And some polo shirts or something." Cory said standing up.
"Alright. Let's get to it." We began walking down the same ally, and making sure no cops were around. After we was on the next street, we relaxed a little bit. Time to get to the shopping.

See, that's how we make it out here on the streets. We have not gotten caught by the cops once. We are starting to become known around here. The drug dealers are respecting us, and some of them even help us out. I appreciate them for that. I haven't seen my mom since the day I decided to run away. Sometime's I think about going back but decide not too. I cant go back to that life.

Once at the mall, we got the shoes, and a couple of outfits. And stopped by the food court too. We were just chilling when a couple of girls passed by winking at us. Yes, we both have gotten a few girls. No homo type stuff, we both look good. I make sure I keep a nice hair cute and so does Cory. For some 13 year old boys, we sure don't look it. My eyes are still and forever will be hazel. And Corys remains brown. And, no, just because we don't have a decent place to stay does not mean we have to go around looking like poor trash. If you looked at us, you wouldn't even think twice that we practically live on the street.

"Ready to blow this joint?" Cory asked and I nodded while bringing my drink with me.
We walked out the large building and started for our neighborhood. I'm alright with my life. It's not perfect, but I'm making it. Hopefully it get's better later on down the line.