Status: updating soon

It's a Cold World

CHAPTER 24

~~Next Day~~

I was just leaving the school when I got a call from the hospital.

“Hello?” I said quickly.

“Yes. Can you come to the hospital as soon as possible? It’s very important.” The doctor said.

“Yea. I’m on my way now.” I quickly hung up and got in keke car and told her about the call. She headed straight to the hospital.

When we got there, I jumped out of the car and ran inside. I went straight to Cory’s room. The doctor and 2 nurses were standing there talking, but when they seen me, they got quiet.

The 2 nurses excused their selves and walked out. I walked farther in the room. “Ahh. Dante. How are you doing?” He asked trying to start up a friendly conversation. Fuck that friendly shid.

“I’m sorry Doc, but can we skip the bull shit and get to the reason you called me here in the first place.” I said in a not so nice tone. He let out a breath he was obviously holding and led me out the room.

We stood to the side in the hallway and I could see keke standing by the vendy machine looking at us. “Well, today Cory’s heart rate slowed down to a very slow pace. And then it got uncontrollably fast all of a sudden. But right now, his heart is barely making it. I just want to know what you would like us to do.”

I stared at him for a minute before I all of a sudden blew up. I wasn’t even expecting myself to just go off on this nigga. “What the fuck do you mean, what do I want you to do? I want ya’ll to keep him alive and make sure he’s okay.” I yelled loudly. Before I knew it, keke was by my side trying to calm me down.

“Dante, I understand that you want him to be okay”, the doctor said and let out another breath before continuing, “But sometimes, we don’t get what we want. I don’t know how much longer Cory has, and there’s nothing we can do until he wakes up. All of this is up to him. He has to pull himself through.” And with that he walked away and into another patients room down the hall way.

“Man, fuck this hospital.” I yelled and went back into Cory’s room. I jerked my arm away from keke and she just stared at me. “Leave me alone with him” I said to her and she opened her mouth to say something but I stopped her, “Now keke,” And with that, she left unwilling.

I walked up to Cory’s bed and stared. The doctor wasn’t lying. His heart rate really is slow right now. I shook my head and took a seat. Before I knew it, I was crying. Why am I crying? I know he’s going to be okay. I know this. He’s strong. He is not gone leave me in this world by myself. I wiped my eyes and looked around the room.

I turned my attention back to Cory. “Please Cory. Don’t do this. Don’t leave me. Don’t leave your unborn child. I promise I won’t call you gay anymore. I just don’t want you to give up.” I said loud enough so he can hear me but nobody else can. His heart rate all of a sudden started rising. And I thought it was good at first but then it started beating like crazy and I seen doctors running in the room. I stood up and they started yelling at me to leave.

“No wait. No.” I kept saying. I grabbed Cory’s arm and shoved one of the nurses out of my way. “Cory!! Man, Don’t do this.” I said with anger in my voice. It took 4 nurses to get me out. “CORY!!” and everything went in a blur from there. I seen the doctor rush in the room and when he seen me, he shook his head.

Keke ran up to me crying and screaming at me. I stood staring at the room door. I could hear all of the commotion. I was crying and then I yelled at keke. “HE’S GONE KEKE. HE’S GONE DAMN-IT.” I said and then broke down.

She went into hysterics. We fell into each others arms crying. The commotion died down and the doctor came out holding his head down. I didn’t even stand. I just held on to keke.

“Umm. Dante. Look, I’m really sorry. We all wanted him to pull through, b-but…I’m just very sorry.” And with that he walked away. It feels like I just died inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Omg. I got so emotional writing this chapter. Ppl dont be mad at me. It had to happen. Comment and plz let me know what you all think. I would really really really appreciate it :)