Status: updating soon

It's a Cold World

CHAPTER 30

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CARRY'S P.O.V

I slowly walked over to the grave site. Cory's grave. As soon as I seen the tombstone I couldn't control my tears. I dropped to my knees and cried with my hands covering my face. "Cory, why? Why did you leave me here alone?" I cried. "I need you. Your baby needs you." I said just above a whisper. I calmed myself down and rested my back against his tombstone. I sat staring into space, rubbing my belly that was now showing.

What am I going to do? I dont want my baby growing up without knowing their father. I dont even think I can love again. I cant. I loved him more than anythig. We were planning out everything for the future. Baby names. He had already talked to me about how he was gone get out of the game. I shook my head slowly.

I remember when we first met. Best day of my life.

When I told him about me being pregnant, he didnt even freak. He was concerned about me. And comforted me.

I was lost in my thoughts when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I turned around and it was a women. She was pretty. On the slim side. I think I seen her at the funeral. Oh, this is the women Dante was yelling at. I stood up as quickly as I can.

She smiled at stomach and said, "Who are you?" I stuttered a little. "I-I'm Carry." She didnt stop smiling. She held out her hand and said, "Hi. I'm Cory's mother, Tina." I shook it, and I begin to get nervous.

"Oh. Ok." I said and removed my hand. "So who are you to Cory?" "Oh. I'm his girlfriend." Her eyes slightly got wide, and I knew what she was thinking so I decided to go ahead and answer her question. "Yes, I'm carrying his baby." The shock slowly begin to leave her face and she gave a small smile.

"I'm sorry sweety. I know that you must be having it hard now that he is gone." I nodded slowly, trying hold my tears in. She took my hand and said, "Are you hungry?" I didnt answer her right away. I am kind of hungry. "Um. Yes. Yes, I am."

"Does some italian food sound good right about now?" I nodded my head quickly. She laughed a little and said, "Well. we better get going then, dont you agree? I dont want little one inside of you to get angry." I smiled at her, and followed her out of the grave yard. But not before kissing Cory's tombstone and telling him I love him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DANTE'S P.O.V

"I miss him baby" I said as I layed in my bed with Kelly. My head was in her lap and she was rubbing my face. I was thinking about Cory and how much I miss that nigga.

"I know. It will be ok. I promise." I took her word for it. Everything will be ok.

"Hey. Have you spoke to Carry?" I asked looking up at Kelly. She shook her head. I need to check up on her. I haven't talked to her since the funeral. And I wonder how she's doing. I sat up reached across my night stand. opened the draw and pulled out Cory's cell. I went through his contacts and found Carry's name and number. I dialed it on my phone and pressed call. Kelly watched me.

After 2 rings she answered. And I could tell she had just got through laughing. Whats so funny. I wasn't expecting her to be in a cheery mood when I called.

*Carry: Hello?
*Me: Hey Carry. It's Dante.
*Carry: Oh hey Dante. Whats up?
*Me: I was calling to check up on you. How are you holding up?
*Carry: Um. I'm trying to take it day by day. It's not easy.

I could hear her voice begin to get sad.

*Me: Oh. We'll all work together to get through this hard time. Well, what are you doing now?
*Carry: Oh. I'm out eating italian food.

I got curious.

*Me: With who??
*Carry: Cory's mom. She seen me at the grave site and she offered to take me out to eat.

I was in shock. I didnt even know what to say.

*Carry: Tell me where you are. And dont leave.

She told me which restaurant she was at and she said that she'll wait for me.

I hung up the phone and stood up quick. "What is wrong with you?" Kelly asked. "Cory's mom is what is wrong with me. She's with Carry right now. I have to talk to her. Find out why all of a sudden she's in the picture."

"Baby..." I didnt even let her finish. "Come on Kelly. Get your shoes on. Your coming too." And just like that, we were on our way.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmm. Whats going to happen next?? Thank you everyone for reading so far.