Status: updating soon

It's a Cold World

CHAPTER 31

I rushed to the restaurant Carry was at. When I reached my destination, I hopped out of the car and rushed inside. Kelly was close behind me.

"Excuse me sir. Do you need a table?" The man at the front desk asked.
"No. I'm just here to see someone." He seemed fine with my answer and let me pass by.

I searched the place, and seen Carry and Cory's mom in the far back. I pulled Kelly's hand and started for their table. When Carry seen me she stood up.

"Hey Dante. Whats up?" She said. I watched Cory's mom and she looked surprised to see me. She stood up slowly.

"Hi Dante-" I cut her off. "What the fuck are you doing? Do you think that you could just walts back into Cory life just like that? And he's not even alive anymore. It's too late to be trying to make things right." I yelled. Everyone in the restaurant was looking now.

Carry stood there shocked. Kelly looked like she wanted to slap the shit out of me. And Cory's mom stood with her head down.

"Dante. Please. There is no need to yell. If you could just let me explain. Can we talk somewhere...private?" Cory's mom asked me. "Yea sure. Let's go." I said and started walking out. I suddlenly stopped and turned to face Kelly. "Stay with Carry please." She nodded and they sat down at the table.

"Where do you want to talk?" She asked once we was outside the resaurant. I looked around and seen a park down the street. "We could go walk to the park." She nodded her head and we started walking. An awkward silence fell between us and I couldn't stand it. I felt like this women didnt deserve to be here. If I feel this way about her, wondering how things would go if I ran into my own mother. I shook my head trying to erase the thought. I dont even want to think about that women.

Once we arrived at the park, we took a seat on the bench. "So, start talking." I said getting comfortable. She cleared her throat and then began.

"OK. When I had Cory, I was happy and excited. I loved my child. But then things got hard. Money began to lack and I had no way to take care of him. I got on drugs and well you know the rest I'm assuming. One day, he was up and gone. It pains me to say this, but I didnt care that he up and left. I think it was just the drugs taking over."

I sat there listening. I shook the urge to slap her ass. All of a sudden she stopped talking and I looked at her for a moment. I seen a tear slid down her cheek. She took in a light breath and started back explaining.

"Umm. All these years, I have been working on myself. It hasn't been easy but I've been making it. I have a job now. I found a man that loves me for me-"

I stopped her right there. "OK. Enough with the bullshit. I want to know what your doing back. And why you decided to show up AFTER Cory died." My anger beginning to get the best of me.

"Actually, I've been trying to reached Cory for a good four months now. I got in contact with him through one of the other drug dealers. He gave me Cory's number and I called. He answered and when I told him who I was, he hung up on me. I was expecting that. A week or two later, he called me back. I was so happy. I talked to him and tried to catch up with him, but he would barely talk. So I told him to meet me somewhere."

She took a deep breath and I was in nothing but shock right now. He..never told..me any of this. I cant believe it.

"I waited two hours for him, and just when I was about to leave, he came. I finally got to see my baby. I hugged him so tight and must have apologized a thousand times. I ordered us some dinner and we sat and talked."

She stopped and looked at me. I dont know what to say or how to react. I just sat there. I felt her hand rub my back slowly. I placed my head in my hands.

"I'm sorry..." I didnt know her name. "oh. I'm Tina, but because you were so close to my son and yall took care of each other, you are free to call me mama." I nodded my head. "And I accept you apology. I know the way Cory described me, I'm probably not the best parent in the world. You have to understand that I'm trying now."

"I understand...mama." We both laughed as I put the emphasizes on "mama". I gave her a hug and we stood up.

"Are you hungry?" She asked me. I smiled and realized that this is the first time I've let this women see me smile. She smiled also and I looked up at the sky. Man Cory, I wish you still her bro. I looked back at Tina, and said "Yea. I could use something to eat, but my girl?" "Oh. She can eat too." "Well then let's go. A brother hungry." We laughed some more and started back towards the restaurant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright. Well that conflict is settled. Im going to have to end this story soon but I'm thinking about a sequel. Please let me know what you guys think. I have not been getting enough feedback and I dont know how you guys feel about the novel. Please, if I am doing anything wrong, tell me. I will be glad to try and make you guys happy.

Comments and subscribes would be nice.