Status: updating soon

It's a Cold World

CHAPTER 32

I never would have thought that I would be sitting around laughing and talking with Cory’s mom. She’s pretty cool though. Wish my mom was…no. Wait! What am I saying? I don’t want to see my mom. She literally sat around and let me get beat. No way can I face her again.

After we all were finished eating, we went our separate ways. Tina aka mama gave me her number just in case I needed anything. And she promised Carry that she would be around to help her with the baby and things of that sort. Everything seems to be going good right now. I don’t know how long it would stay good but I’m going to enjoy this stress free right now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Alright, I’m here. What’s up?” Tony and them called me and told me we had a meeting. I decided to take my precious time coming though.

“Look man. We have a problem.”

And here we go again. Why can’t I live peacefully? Shit.

“What is it now?” I sighed. This shit is getting old now.

“Well. There’s another gang out to get us. I heard that the gang is not as big as Peewee’s was. So I think we can take them out easily. We can do it right now as a matter of fact.” Mike said.

I didn’t say anything though. I don’t know anymore. I don’t want to do this. All this gang shit killed Cory. I don’t want to be next. I can’t. And I’m not any damn coward.

“Look you guys. I can’t do this anymore. After what happened to Cory, I can’t. I’m sorry.”

I turned my back to leave, but Tony stopped me.

“So that’s it? You gone just quit on us? After everything we have been through?” Tony said in a voice like he couldn’t believe me.

“Everything we’ve been through? Don’t you mean everything I’ve been through? That was my nigga. Not yours. You didn’t know him like I did. I refuse to keep doing this.”

And just like that. I left. Mike didn’t have anything to say about me leaving the click. What could he say? He didn’t run my life.

I headed back home thinking. What if I left? And took Kelly, Keke, Tina, and Carry with me? It sounds brilliant but can I do it? PoppaP would kill me. The only way I can leave him is if I die. He said it himself. I shook my head and walked into the house.

I got out my homework and went ahead and knocked that out the way.

I’ll try and leave after I graduate. Right after that, I don’t know what God will have in store for me and my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Really baby? You want to leave?” Kelly was excited. She was jumping up and down when I told her that I wanted out. I just laughed.

“Yea. I guess when Cory died, it changed something in me. I don’t want to live this way anymore. I’m risking my life every day. Not knowing if I will get taken out any moment.”

She stared at me and then gave me a big kiss. “I support you a hundred percent baby.” I kissed her this time and we fell back onto her couch in a comfortable position. I held her close to me and just laid there breathing in her scent..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hell yea, I want to go.” Keke said over the phone. I laughed at her tone. She was too serious about this.

“What about your parents? What will they say? And you’re not even out of school yet. You’re only a junior.” Those were some good question I asked her. I just thought about it. Keke probably can’t come along. She has loving parents, and she’s young. It would be different if she was graduating with Kelly and me.

“Don’t worry about them. I have family all over the United States. Anywhere I go, I’ll be covered. And school? I’ll just transfer. No big deal.”

I didn’t say anything. We’ll just have to see.

“Alright, I’ll hit you up later.” I said. I waited for her ‘bye’ and then I hung up.

I lie back on my bed and stare up at the ceiling.

“This is all for you Cory. I’m gone make it up out the hood bro.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment !! oh, and check out the new characters I just posted for this story. And Im am ssooo sorry for the extra long wait. Kind of had writers block, so please forgive me. I know where I'm going with this story so I will try and undate more often.!