Status: updating soon

It's a Cold World

CHAPTER 33

Graduation is not far from now. Maybe a couple of weeks. The school is giving us seniors a break, since we have finished all of our courses. Well, most of us. I'm lucky enough to be one of the seniors that do not have to go back because I am passing everything. I'm at home watching some television alone right now. Kelly still has school. her school graduates the same day as mine.

What I really should be doing is thinking of a master plan to leave. First I have to think of where we all would go. I have enough money saved to take care of all of us.

I turned off the tv and got up and walked to my room. I laid on my bed and closed my eyes. I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away.

"Shit. Why am I shedding tears?" I asked myself. Just then I heard a voice in the corner of the room.

I turned quickly and looked towards that familiar voice. It was Cory. He was wearing the same thing that he wore when he got shot. I rubbed my eyes, trying to make sure I'm not seeing things.

When I looked back up, Cory still remained standing there. Am I dreaming? Do I need some type of help?

"No bro. You don't need any type of help?" He said smiling at me.

He spoke again. I quickly stood up and just stared at him. "You...Your not really here. I'm imaging things. Yea. Thats it."

I started shaking my head frantically. I'm over his death.

"Dante. Calm down man. I'm here to talk to you. You can't get rid of me so just chill out."

I sat back down slowly. "What is this? Are you really here?" I asked slowly.

He began walking towards me and my heart beat ran into over drive. "S-Stay back." I said scooting back on the bed.

He stopped walking and it was an awkward silence. I closed my eyes for a minute and took deep breaths.

"Listen, I understand you want out of the game." he said quietly. I opened my eyes then. He's not going away. This has to be real.

"What do you want? Your really here?" I asked him as a tear slid down my cheek. Cory smiled and nodded. I jumped up from the bed and ran trying to give him the biggest man hug. The only thing is, I ran right through him and landed flat on my face.

"Damn." I mummbled as I stood up. He laughed at me and I smirked. "Dante, you can't touch me. I'm not solid." I didnt say anything. What the fuck is going on right now??

"Okay. What the hell is going on? This shit is ridiculous." I said loosing my mind now. I dont know what to do anymore. I am beginning to think that I need to be put away into a crazy home.

"I'm here to help you." Cory said with a straight face now. Help me? With what?
"What do you want to help me with?"

"I am trying to help you get out of the hood. Sadly, since I could not be here with you physically, then I'll be with you mentally and spiritually. You know I always got your back man."
I smiled at his worlds. Our promise to never leave eachother hanging is still true to this day.

I could not help the tears. I felt like a little girl man. My brother and bestfriend is standing here infront of me. I have missed him. Cracking jokes on each other, and our handshake. Everything, I missed. And now he is back. Just to help me out.

"Thanks." I said in a shaky voice. He threw up his hand at me and chuckled, "No problem bro. Just keeping my promise. Now, I see we have a problem here."
I took a seat on the bed and nodded my head.

"PoppaP is the problem. How am I suppose to leave with him on my back?" I asked shaking my head.

"Only thing you can do is...take him out. However, it wont be easy." Cory said with a stern face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sooooooo sorry that I have not updated in such a long time. I have been like..super super busy. I had prom and I just graduated you guys :) yay. Anyways, I'm back now. And I'm determined to finish this novel. Just stick with me a little longer. Please comment.