Status: This story is on a hiatus as of 10.31.11 xx

The Distance Between Us

Three

One week. Seven days. One hundred and sixty-eight hours.

That's how long it's been since I've seen Harry. My Harry.

He hasn't been returning any of my calls or texts. And I now knew that what we have was now over. I screwed everything up. I lost my best friend, the love of my life, my child's father.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as my phone rang. I placed a small smile on my face, hoping that is was Harry. But my smile faded as I saw Kate was calling me.

"Hey." I answered the phone dryly.

"Addy." Kate's voice matched mine. "You know he's just busy." I let out a small laugh.

"He's never too busy for me, Kate." I paused. "I lost him, didn't I?"

"No, Addy honey, you didn't lose him." She let out a small sigh. "He loves you, more than anything in this world."

"I doubt that." I mumbled.

"He's going to come home. And everything between the two of you, will be fine. I promise you, Addy."

"I just don't know, Kate."

"You just need to get your mind off of him, just for a little bit." I could hear the smile in her voice. "Let's go wedding dress shopping."

"I don't think we should."

"And why not?" I smiled.

"Well, first off, I don't know if there will still be a wedding. And second, I'm pregnant, Harry doesn't want me out."

"There will be a wedding, and you're not even showing yet." She paused. "I'll be by in a half hour to pick you up. You're at the palace?"

"No, the cottage."

Image


"This dress is gorgeous!" Kate squealed as she pulled a dress from off the rack.

"It is. But don't you think that I should be talking to Harry before I get a dress?"

"You worry too much Addyson." She was looking over the dress. "You know that as soon as you see him, the both of you will forget everything that happened before he left."

"Whatever you say." I mumbled as I pulled out a gorgeous dress. "This one." I said softly holding it out to show Kate.

"You can picture yourself marrying Harry in that?" I nodded. "Then go try it on!"

I walked, more like ran, to the dressing room.

"I love it." I said out loud as I looked at myself in the mirror. "This is it." I said softly.

"Let me see!" I giggled as I stepped out of the dressing room.

"Wow." Was all she said. I could feel her eyes move up and down my body as she took everything in. "Harry is going to love this when he sees you in it. You have to get it." I smiled at my soon to be sister-in-law.

"I am."

Image


I sat on the couch in a pair of his sweats, watching something on the telly that I wasn't too interested in.

My Harry was coming home today, and I was beyond nervous to see him. I was scared that he would tell me that we were over, and that he never wanted to see me, or our child. I was expecting the worst out of this.

The door opening, caught my attention.

"Addy?" He called out for me as he shut the door. "Babe?" I just sat there motionless as I heard his foot steps getting closer to me. "There you are." He leaned against the door frame a small smile graced his lips.

"Hi." I said softly as I looked up at his face.

"Hey gorgeous." He pushed himself away from the door frame. "I missed you."

"Why didn't you return my calls or texts?" He sat across from me.

"I was so busy, Addyson, I hardly had time to sleep." He leaned forward and kissed my forehead. "What did you do all week?"

"I waited for you to call me. And tell me that everything between us was okay." I said softly.

"Why wouldn't everything be okay?"

"Because I left you." My soft blue orbs stared into his.

"You had a reason." He said softly as he grabbed my hand. "I heard that you got your wedding dress?" I smiled. "Ah, there's that smile."

"I did, and you're going to love it." He smiled at me.

"I would love anything that you wore, Ad." He kissed my forehead again. "Come on, let's go to bed." He stood up and pulled me with him.

"Har?"

"Mhm?"

"I love you." He smiled at me.

"I love you too, Addyson."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe!

☮ ♥ ツ