Status: This story is on a hiatus as of 10.31.11 xx

The Distance Between Us

Four

I sat on the couch, looking at a photo album of Harry and I. I smiled as I seen the first picture. It was from when we first met, and I couldn't help but replay that day in my head.

"Addyson, honey, go talk to someone," My mother told me. I looked up at her.

"Mum, no one here is around my age." She smiled down at me.

"Oh, don't be silly, dear." She paused as she looked away from me, and out into the sea of people. "There's a gentlemen right over there." I followed her eyes and mine landed on a handsome redheaded man. "Go and talk to him." She lightly pushed me in his direction.

"I don't want to, mum." My eyes were still looking at him. And in that second his eyes met mine. My eyes left him and I looked toward my feet, blushing slightly.

"He seems interested in you. Just go introduce yourself, Addyson." She pushed me towards him again.

"Fine!" I gave into her and walked towards him.

I kept my eyes away from him as I continued to step closer to him. I tried to control my breathing as I took another step closer to him. I glanced up and my eyes met his. I gave him a small smile, which he returned.

"Hello, I'm Addyson." I said awkwardly. He smiled at me.

"Harry." I smiled at him. I stood there next to him, rocking back and forth on my heels. "So, Addyson, what brings you here?" I laughed at his question, looking back up at him.

"Well, I'm really big on giving back to the less fortunate." I paused, giving him a small smile. "I actually help a lot at this orphanage." He smiled back at me.

"That's amazing." I gave him a small nod.

"What brings you here?" I asked him as I glanced up at him. He let out a chuckle, making me smile.

"I'm actually running this event."

"Well, then from all of us here, thank you, Harry." He gave me a small nod.

"You have no idea who I am, do you?"

"No. Should I?" I asked him, making him laugh.

"Yes, you should."

"Oh, well then, who are you?" I asked him, placing a small smirk on my lips.

"Prince Harry." He informed me, and at that second I stopped breathing. He laughed at my reaction.

"I - wow." I looked away from him and found my mother. She was standing there smirking at me. "I'm going to kill her."

"Whom?" He asked me.

"My mother. She knew who you were, knowing I had no idea." This just made him laugh even harder. "I'm glad that you're enjoying this, Prince Harry."

"I am." I smiled at him.

"I should go. Maybe I'll see you later."

"Sure, Addyson." He smiled at me. "It was nice meeting you." I smiled back at him.

"Like wise."

Image


"You knew it was Prince Harry, mum!"

"Of course I did, Addyson." I took another drag of my cigarette. "I'm going back inside now."

"Alright." I gave her a small nod. I closed my eyes and leaned against the wall. I felt someone next to me, and assumed that it was still my mother. "I thought you said you were going inside?" I didn't move. There was no answer, I sighed and looked over at her. But I was surprised when I saw Prince Harry standing there.

"Fancey seeing you here." He smiled at me, making me smile.

"Of course." I paused. "Shouldn't you be inside?"

"I needed a break." He told me. "Besides, I saw you coming out here, so, I decided to come and talk to you." I smiled at him.

"You're stalking me now, huh?" I laughed.

"I might be." He grinned at me. I watched him as he pulled out a pack of cigarettes."

"You know, that's such a nasty habit." I told him as I took another drag of mine, making him laugh.

"You're one to talk." I watched him as he lit his cigarette, and took the first drag of it. "I think that you should come with me to get some tea or something." His eyes met mine.

"Maybe." I smiled at him.

"It's a date then."

"Not really, I didn't say yes."

"How could you not say yes to me?" I laughed.

"Just because you're a prince, doesn't mean anything." I told him as I flicked the end of my cigarette into the street. "See you later, Harry." I smiled at him and walked back into the building.

Image


"Excuse me, Miss?" I turned around and smiled at the gentlemen that stood behind me.

"Yes?"

"Prince Harry had asked me to give you this." He held out a piece of paper.

"Oh, well then thank you." He gave me a nod and walked away from me. I searched the building for him and my eyes finally met his. He gave me a soft smile and held up his glass. I copied him.

'Please come with me?' I laughed as I read it and looked back at him, shaking my head no. His eyes pleaded with mine, making me laugh. Shaking my head again, I saw him sigh. 'Please?' He mouthed, his eyes still pleading me. I giggled. I shook my head again, gaining the attetion of the people standing next to him. I looked away from him for a splint second and when I looked back at him, my heart raced. I smiled at him as I gave him a slight nod. I watched as his face bursted into a huge smile, making me grin even more. I looked away from him and to my mother, who was watching us interact.

"You know, you two would be so adorable together."

"It would never happen, mum." I said softly.

"You never know, Addyson." I smiled at her.

"You're right."

"Let's go get s picture of the two of you." I smiled at her idea.

"Yes, lets." We made our way over to him.

"Excuse us, Prince Harry, I was just hoping that you would take a picture with my daughter." His eyes flashed over to me and I blushed a little.

"Yeah, of course." He motioned for me to come stand by him. His arm wrapped around my waist.

"Smile!" My mother exclaimed as she snapped a picture.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." He paused. "I'll meet you outside after everyone leaves, alright?" I nodded and smiled at him.

"I'll be there."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments = faster updates.
so please comment.