Status: Getting Back Into It!

Is This Really Happening?

Chapter 12

I woke up the next morning to sunlight streaming into my eyes. I turned over to see Jonathan staring intently at me. “What?” I asked. He simply shrugged. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

His reply was a kiss, and then he sat up, back against the headboard. “I was just thinking,” he said, looking back down at me, smoothing my bed-head with his huge hand. “I don’t want you to leave,” he whispered, looking away from me.

I sighed and sat up next to him. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer and I rested my head on his shoulder. “I know; I don’t want to go either, but I have to,” I said, looking up at him. “And it’s not like I’m leaving today; I would already be gone,” I chuckled, making him chuckle as well. “We can hang out all the time until I leave. And after I’m gone, there are these things call phones that we can use whenever we want,” I continued.

He hugged me tighter into his chest. “I’m really gonna miss you though,” he replied. “And, from what I could tell last night, the rest of the team already really likes you.” I smiled at that. “But you just have to promise me on thing,” he continued seriously.

I nodded. “I promise to try my hardest and pass all of my classes,” I replied in a smartass tone. He gave me a stern look. “I’m sorry,” I said, defeated. “What do you want me to promise you? Anything,” I said, sitting up straighter.

He kissed my head. “Just promise me you won’t meet and date anyone else while you’re there.”

I took a moment to ponder his request, rubbing my chin sarcastically. “Hmm. Hold out for the hot, famous boyfriend I already have; meet a new hot guy there and see him every day,” I said, raising and lowering my hands, weighing the two options. “I don’t know, passing up the chance to meet hot guys,” I said, smirking at him.

He gave me a hurt look, making me laugh. I kissed him sweetly. “Why would you pass up having a hot, famous boyfriend, who’s crazy about you?” he asked, smirking. I shrugged, faking not knowing how to answer. “Oh really? We’ll see about that,” he said and pounced on me, tickling me mercilessly.

I couldn’t breathe I was laughing so hard. “Jon!” I managed to scream.

He just kept going. “Say you’ll stay with me!” he shouted, laughing as he tickled me. I didn’t think I could laugh as hard as I was without throwing up. “Say it!”

I managed to push him off of me for a second so I could breathe and reply. “I promise! I won’t date anyone else! I swear!” I replied through my laughter. “Stop it!” I screamed. He then stopped and kissed me, and then sat up again, a triumphant smirk on his face.

I giggled at the look on his face. “Men,” I chuckled as I got out of the bed and went into the bathroom.

“Don’t deny it; you love us!” he shouted through the door, making me laugh harder. “Anyway, hurry up! I have to get you home before your dad sends out a search party to find your cute little ass!”

I then popped my head out of the bathroom door; I was in the process of getting dressed. “What if I don’t want to go home?” I asked, giving him a pouty face. “What if I want to just quit school before I even start, stay here with you and live off of your millions of dollars like a regular puck slut?” I asked sarcastically.

He chuckled. “See, therein lies the problem.” I gave him a puzzled look. “Puck sluts actually have to try to get the attention of us hockey players. They wear clothes that are two sizes too small and cover their faces with tons of makeup.”

“You lost me; what exactly is the problem?” I asked, now fully dressed and coming out of the bathroom.

He chuckled. “You’re not like that. You don’t have to try to get my attention; you’re the type of girl that looks amazing just being your, shy, crazy, sarcastic self. You had my attention the second you and your dad came into the restaurant yesterday,” I smiled. “And I’m not into the puck slut type of girls. I’m more of a ‘Plain Jane’, shy girl type of guy.”

I had a shit-eating grin on my face by the time he was done talking. “Just say it then.” He gave me a confused look. “Just tell me you love me,” I said in a baby voice.

He came over to me a wrapped his arms around my waist. “Well, I can’t say that for sure right now, but I can definitely say, without a shadow of a doubt, that I’m crazy about you,” he said softly and kissed my nose.

I smiled and kissed his lips. “I guess I can live with that; for now,” I replied. “I can’t say that I love you yet either, so I guess we’re right where we should be.”

He let go of me and grabbed my hand. “We should probably get going; it’s 11:30 already. I don’t need your dad hating me for not bringing you home at a decent hour of the day,” he chuckled sarcastically as we headed out into the living room. He handed me my shoes as he put on his own.

I sighed as I stood up; shoes tied and ready to go. “Do you really have to take me home? I want to hang out with you and your teammates some more,” I whined as he ushered me out the door.

He took my hand as we headed into the elevator. “Don’t worry, you will before you leave next weekend. Your dad sent me a text saying that he wants to have a big good-bye party for you the day before you leave, and he invited the whole team. You’ll get to see everyone right before you leave,” he replied.

I sighed. “I guess that would be fine. But that’s a whole week!” I shouted as we got into his car and he drove off. “Do you have any good music in this car?” I asked. He pulled out a big black case, filled with CDs. I flipped through it, a grimace on my face.

“What? Didn’t see anything you liked?” he asked.

“Well, I saw one thing, but I can’t put him in the CD player,” I said, making him blush a little bit. I then pulled out my iPod and plugged it in. “Get ready to listen to some awesome music,” I said as I picked my favorite song by Bullet for My Valentine.

By the time we got me home, he was a big fan of Bullet for My Valentine. “You’re right; they’re awesome!” he said happily as he parked on my driveway. “I had a lot of fun, Jean. I’ll talk to you later, and see you on Saturday,” he said softly as he leaned in and kissed me passionately.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while! Let me know what you think!!