Status: Completed :)

Hidden in the Shadows

Chapter Twelve

March 10th, 2011
Thursday
Boston General Hospital, Boston, MA
2:23 P.M.

That next morning they called into the hospital to find out the visitors weren’t allowed to see Jasmiina until 2:00 that afternoon. All her surgeries were done and she was going to be fine. They spent the morning shopping for a gift for Jasmiina and when they got the hospital they requested to see her. When they walked into Jasmiina’s room they were told to be quiet and calm around her and not start a conversation about the attack. The police had not yet been in to interview her yet.

Tuukka was the first one into the room. He seemed to hold his breath as he approached her bed. She lay there looking up at them with a smile.

“Hey guys,” she said in a low voice. Raina hated how broken she looked. Her right leg was completely casted, her right arm was casted up to her elbow because of her hand, and her abdomen and neck were tightly bond with thick bandages.

“Hi Jaz,” said Raina going up the bed.

“I’m so happy you call came,”

“We wouldn’t leave you in the hospital alone.” said Raina. Jasmiina feebly smiled at them and said

“I barely remember anything that happened after you hung up. I’m pretty sure I was unconscious.” There was a pause and then she said “I never saw his face, it was hidden behind an old hockey mask, like Friday the 13th.” Unsure what to say everyone kept quiet. “I could see his eyes though,” Raina was surprised that Jasmiina was talking about it. “He had really dark eyes, they were so unnatural looking.”

“Did he say anything to you?”

“No, I came out of the bank and he dragged me into the alleyway. He never took any of my money or my purse; he just attacked me for no reason.”

“You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to.” said Jasmiina sympathetically.

“No I want to,” she said. “He dragged me in and threw me to the ground. He started kicking me in the ribs and the head. When he backed off for a minute I got back up and tried to fight. That’s when he grabbed me and slit my throat with a knife. When I struggled more he started stabbing me in the upper leg, probably thinking it was my stomach. He then threw me back to the ground and shot me. I tried to grab his ankle when he tried to run but he stomped on my hand.”

“I’m going to find this guy and rip his head off,” said Tuukka with that wild look in his eyes again. “I’m going to get this guy back. He’ll wish he never laid a finger on Tuukka Rask’s girlfriend.” Jasmiina laughed and said

“I’m fine Tuukka,”

“No you’re not he almost killed you.”

“But I’m alive aren’t I?” Tuukka grunted in response. Jasmiina smiled and said “I’m healing up just fine, don’t worry.” They spent the next hour there before the boys had to head to practice. Milan stopped Raina in the parking lot and said

“You go home and get ready.”

“Ready for what?”

“We’re going out tonight; I made reservations at the Oak Room. Tonight’s going to be just me and you. I feel like such a lousy fiancé, leaving you here all alone for away games.” He looked down at his feet and said in quieter voice “and a lousy father.” Raina hugged him and said

“You’re not going to be a lousy father, you’ll be a great dad, I know it.”

“I just don’t want to be away for anything, I want to see everything. The first steps, and the first words.”

“You will, don’t worry. We’ll talk about this later.” Tuukka called Milan from his car and the two departed, Raina headed home and Milan to practice. She went back to the familiar quietness. She was glad Milan had finally put a night aside for just them. She picked out a nice purple and black dress and black heels. Her side of the closet was now half full with maternity clothes. She figured she’d donate some, and then keep some for if she had another child.

She heard Milan come in downstairs and she dashed down to the kitchen.

“How do I look?” she said. He smiled and said

“You always look beautiful my love,” Milan dressed in a nice dress shirt and pants they left. When they got to the restaurant they were seated and Milan picked up the conversation they had been having about the babies in the hospital parking lot.

“I’m nervous what if they don’t like me.” Raina laughed and said

“They’ll love you, you’re their daddy.”

“We’re so young Raina, you’re 19,” said Milan.

“I don’t care; I wanted to have these babies.” Said Raina.

“I do to; I’m just a little nervous how everything’s going to go.” Said Milan.

“It will be fine, the doctors and nurses will make sure everything goes smoothly.” Said Raina

“I want to be in the delivery room.”

“Don’t worry at all,” said Raina. “How about if we have a boy we name it Milan Jr.?”

“My mom already suggested that, we’re NOT naming it that.”

“It would be cute, you’d be big Milan, and he’d be little Milan,” said Raina.

“How about Priscilla for a girl?” said Raina.

“I don’t like the sound of it,” said Milan. “How about….” Milan thought about all the female names he could. “Rowan,” Raina was surprised he’d come up with a name and said

“I love that name, where’d you get it?”

“A woman my mother was good friends with years ago in Vancouver was named that. I always liked it. So Rowan it is then for a girl?”

“Yes,” said Raina. “Its middle name can be Snezana after your mother.”

“Rowan Snezana Lucic,” It sounded odd to Raina at first but as she thought about the name in her head it sounded more natural.

“I like it,” Raina said. Milan smiled and said

“Our daughter Rowan Snezana Lucic,”

“If one of them is a girl,” said Raina, “Maybe they’ll both be girls.”

“Wonderful,” said Milan sarcastically, “When they get older I’ll have to deal with three girls PMSing at the same time.” Their food soon came and they talked about more names over dinner.

“How about Benedict?” said Raina. Milan laughed and said

“I’m not naming any son of mine Benedict,”

“It’s such an awesome name.” said Raina.

“It sounds so old.”

“It’s unique,”

“He’ll get made fun of,” said Milan.

“Alright what about Luca?” said Raina

“Where’d you hear that name?” asked Milan.

“In a baby name book I was looking at.”

“I like it,” said Milan. “It sounds like it could be a hockey players name,” Raina laughed and said

“You’re already planning for our son to be in the NHL.”

“Trust me he’ll be in the NHL,” said Milan. “With me as his dad, he’ll get in easy. You’ll see the name Luca Lucic as the first overall in a draft some day.”

“What about a middle name for him?” said Raina.

“I don’t know, after your dad?”

“He already told me he didn’t want the kids to be named after him in any way.”

“Alright, so after my dad then?”

“Sure, Luca Dobrivoje Lucic,” Raina was excited to be thinking about how their kids would turn out. They would obviously play hockey. “For another girl how about the name Willow? It sounds so sweet and peaceful.”

“Willow Snezana Lucic sounds good, there are too many options.” laughed Milan. “I was also thinking about Emmett as a name for a son.”

“That’s cute,” said Raina.

“Whatever they turn out to be I’ll be happy. But if they’re both girls I don’t care what you say they’ll be playing hockey. They’re going to be sports girls.” said Milan. The two spent the night discussing all the different name ideas they had. By the end of dinner they had established that their first born son would take the name of Milan’s father as his middle name, and their first born daughter would take Milan’s mother’s name as her middle name. On the drive home Milan said

“We’re going to have a movie night like we used to have; you can pick the horror movie.” Raina felt excited, they hadn’t had a horror movie night in a long while, it was one of those things that they always used to do when Raina was younger 16 or 17 but now they only got to do once in awhile.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting as much. It's the end of the school year, I have three or four more weeks left which means I've got tons of test and projects I have to do. But the end of the school year is a good thing because that means that when summer comes I'll have lots of open time to write new chapters. :) Hope the Bruins win tomorrow night, and take the Stanley cup!! Also can't wait to watch the 2011 NHL draft to see some new players. Thanks again for everyone's patience.