Status: Completed :)

Hidden in the Shadows

Chapter Twenty-Seven

A lot of people wanted me to post the next chapter so here it is :)

March 21st, 2011
Monday
Milan and Raina’s Apartment, Boston, MA
8:45 A.M.

Milan had been up all night and when the sun rose up he got out of bed and checked his phone to see if Raina had called him back. He was disappointed to see nothing new on the screen. It was 8:30 and Raina’s flight should have landed. Ten minutes later Tuukka came down the stairs and said

“Anything from Raina?”

“No, she should be here soon; her flight landed at 8:30.”

“Maybe she went back to the house,”

“I’m gonna go and see if she’s there,” said Milan.

“Want me to come?” asked Tuukka.

“No it’s fine; I should talk to her alone about what happened.”

“I’ll drop you off,” said Tuukka. The two left and when Milan got out of the car Tuukka said

“Good luck,”

“Thanks,” said Milan. He walked into the lobby and went over to the elevator.

Raina screamed louder and squirmed in his arms, punching and kicking. She brought her hand up and it contacted with his nose. She felt a burst of pain in her knuckles but ignored it as he left go of her. He grabbed his nose and yelled in pain as she dashed down the stairs back to the kitchen. The front of her sundress was completely soaked in blood and she was crying as she put her hand over her stomach. There was a long slit in the front of her stomach where the knife had gone in. She looked at her hand and saw that her knuckles looked weirdly out of place. She got up and ran again when she heard the man thundering down the stairs. She ran for the doorway and went out into the hallway and pressed the down button on the elevator.

“Come on, come on,” she said waiting for the doors to open. She heard the man coming down the stairs to the kitchen. The doors opened and she ran inside and pressed the button that closed the doors. She saw the man come down the hallway at her. The doors slammed shut just in time. She slid down the wall and sat on the floor and began to sob. She felt the taste of blood in her mouth and leaned over and coughed up a large amount of it onto the white tile floor. She knew once she got down to the lobby she’d be safe. When the elevator doors opened she looked up and saw Milan standing there.

The elevator doors opened and Milan was shocked to see Raina sitting on the floor. She was covered in blood, and was looking up at him with terrified eyes.

“Oh my God,” he said. He saw the long slice marks across her collar bone, and the thick blood caught in her hair. He leaned down and picked her up off the floor. The smell of blood was overwhelming, it made him gag.

“Help! I need help over here!” He yelled. She looked up at him with half closed eyes. “Everything’s going to be ok,” he said, kissing her forehead. “You’ll be ok, just hold on for me babe.” A man who had been walking into the building came over and called 911 on his phone. “I love you Raina, just hold on for me a little longer.” She didn’t say anything back but moved her hand weakly to her stomach. Milan looked at a rip in her dress and pulled it open a little more to get a look at what she wanted him to see. He noticed the deep stab wound and felt tears well up in his eyes.

“No, no, no,” he said. The tears spilled out of his eyes, clouding his vision. He was loosing the three most important people to him. Several doctors came in pulling a stretcher along with them. As they were getting Raina onto the stretcher a doctor asked

“Are you related to her?”

“No, I’m her husband.” He said. He was allowed into the ambulance and when he walked in he saw Raina’s eyes were now closed. Her sweet face looked pale and was covered in blood. He was pushed aside when the doctors began to work on her. They cut the front of the dress open and worked on the most critical wound in her stomach. What if the babies were dead? It would be his fault, if he hadn’t gotten drunk and tried to go with Brittany she’d still be happy and at peace in Vancouver.

When they got to the hospital he was brought to the waiting room while she was sent away to be worked on. Milan had sat in the same waiting room before for Raina. When he’d pushed her down onto the ice and her head had split open. He thought he had felt the worst he would ever feel on that day but he had been wrong. Today was the worst day of his life. His wife and children could be dead.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.

Yet another cliff hanger lol :) The next chapter will be posted tomorrow and the last two after that will just be epilogues.