Status: Completed :)

Hidden in the Shadows

Chapter Four

March 3rd, 2011
Wednesday
Milan and Raina’s Apartment, Boston, MA
2:34 P.M.

That next day Raina was busy with more wedding plans. Milan was out at the Natick Mall doing a signing event. She was alone at the apartment and when the phone rang she jumped a mile out of her seat. As her heart pounded in her chest she felt the fluttering of the babies again. She picked up the phone and said

“Hello?”

“Hey Raina this is Anna,”

“Oh hey Anna,”

“You sound out of breath are you ok?”

“Ya, I’m just hear alone, it’s really quiet and when the phone rang it scared me.”

“Sorry,” said Anna.

“It’s ok, I’m glad you called, I’m just making wedding plans. Are you busy right now?”

“No, Rick’s out too, some of his teammates wanted to have some guy time with him out in Boston so I’m alone too.”

“You should come over here and hang out until the game. Jasmiina and I usually get ready before the game together you can join us,” She gave Anna her address and it took her fifteen minutes to get there. When Anna came in, she stood in the doorway looking in astounded.

“Wow you have a really nice place.”

“Thanks,” Raina went back over to the table where all her wedding things were spread out. “My wedding is in April, I’ve got most of everything done, I just need to work out the last few details.” Raina picked up two envelopes with invitations inside and handed them to Anna.

“You and Rick are invited; it’s going to be a pretty big event. A lot of people are coming.”

“Sure, we’ll be there,” said Anna, putting the invitations in her purse. “Did you pick out a dress?”

“Ya, Tuesday I did, wanna see it?”

“Sure,” the two girls went upstairs to Milan and Raina’s room. Raina unzipped the clothing bag and took out the dress.

“It’s so beautiful,” said Anna looking at it with her big blue bambi eyes. “I’ve always dreamed about me and Rick’s wedding day. But I’m only eighteen, it’s pretty far off.”

“Don’t be so sure, I’m only nineteen, and I was eighteen when Milan proposed to me.”

“Are you getting married pregnant?”

“Yup, this is a maternity dress.” Raina showed Anna some of the other wedding plans when Jasmiina arrived. She put the wedding stuff away and went to get ready with the girls. Milan would be going right from Natick to the game, and Raina hated that she wasn’t seeing him in between. When Anna pulled out a Bruins jersey from her bag Raina said

“Whose name is on the back of that?”

“Rick’s,” she said, unfolding it so Raina could see the name “DeLuca” on the back. “I ordered it when I found out he was coming to the Bruins, I have his old Dallas one too.” Raina put on her usual Lucic jersey. It covered her belly completely and she didn’t have to upgrade her size medium to a size large because of her pregnancy. They got to the Garden early and Raina showed Anna around the arena. The first floor, the suites, and the balcony. When they got back down to the first floor and walked to their seats Raina felt the sensation of being watched wash over her. It seemed stupid to feel that way in a large crowd of people who were all moving around. She couldn’t see any suspicious so she turned back.

“What’s wrong?” said Anna

“Nothing, I just thought I aw somebody I knew that’s all.” She pushed the feeling to the back of her mind.

The puck dropped and the game began. With a rush of adrenaline Raina jumped up and cheered as Bergeron handled the puck. She immediately felt the movement in her belly. Ten minutes later it was still 0-0. Rick got onto the ice and Anna cheered. Rick was a center and when the puck dropped he won the face off easily. He passed the puck and skated up the ice towards the Lightning’s net. Rick was passed the puck again and he went off on a breakaway. It looked as if the goalie was going to block the puck but Rick quickly switched direction and snuck it past the goalies extended leg. The goal horn went off and the crowd went crazy. Anna was yelling the loudest and Rick went to hug his teammates in celebration.

The Bruins won the game 5-2, three of the Bruins goals were by Rick. He was a wonderful addition to the team. The three girls left the Garden feeling good, especially Anna. Anna told them she had to leave, that she was going home so she could surprise Rick when he got back to the apartment. She asked Raina if she wanted to come over in the morning to go out for breakfast and shop around again. Raina agreed to and then said goodbye. It would be the last time Raina would ever talk to Anna.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.

I've decided to post two chapters a day since I already have several written ahead of time. I'll let you know if my posting schedule changes.