Status: Complete

Daddy's Girl

Chapter Ten

Brian’s pov
When the plane landed, Tanya was still sleeping so Jimmy grabbed her while I got the bags. We made small talk about things to do on our way to the hotel.

“I love her.” Jimmy stated with love in his eyes.

I stared at him for a minute seeing only truth in his eyes. I hadn’t even seen that much love in his eyes with Leana. Deep down inside I knew that he was still my best friend and that I wanted him to be happy, but I just couldn’t let him force Tanya into Stockholm Syndrome.

“That’s great.” I lied and faked a smile.

Jimmy just stared down at Tanya like she was he love of his life. She slept silently as we pulled up to the hotel. I took a deep breath before getting out of the cab and walking inside with Jimmy and Tanya. The bell hop took our bags up stairs to the suite that Jimmy had booked us in. It was an elegant room with a sort of gothic twist, which was Jimmy’s style.

“I love you.” He whispered and set Tanya down on the couch.

I followed him into the kitchen area and looked around for objects that could knock him out. He was talking about where to take Tanya on a date or something, when I spotted the frying pan next to the mini bar. Quietly I walked over to the mini bar and acted casual as I grabbed it. Jimmy had he back turned to me and was still talking so I quickly took the opportunity and hit him over the head with it.

“Funky town! Funky town!” I yelled, hoping Tanya heard it as Jimmy staggered to get up.

***

Tanya’s pov
“Funky town! Funky town!” Brian’s voice woke me up.

It took me a second but I remembered the code word and bolted out of the door to I guess a hotel. I wanted to go back for Brian but I knew I couldn’t, he was be extremely pissed if I did. I used a back exit of the hotel we were in and ran as fast as I could until I was out of breath. It took a few minutes but I finally regained my composer and collected some change from a dumpster to use a pay phone. My hand was shaking a bit as I dialed the number on that piece of paper that Brian had given me.

“Pick up, pick up.” I pleaded.

Finally there was an answer, “Hello?”

“Zacky?” I let the tears fall.

“Tanya! Where the fuck are you?”

I quickly looked around and once I saw the Eifel tower I knew where I was, “I’m in Paris, France.”

“I know that, go find a place called Godfather’s Pizza and tell Murphy you have to wait for Shadows, Vengeance, and Christ. Just wait there for us okay?”

“Okay, I’ll see you soon.” I tried not to let my voice crack.

I heard the dial tone then quickly set off to find Godfather’s Pizza. I didn’t know exactly why I had to say those names or why I had to wait at a pizza place. I did my best to wipe away the tears then stopped a random lady to ask where this place was.

“Excuse me ma’am, do you know where Godfather’s Pizza is?” I asked.

She nodded and pointed down the street, “Take a left at the end of the street and keep walking until you see a large green sign that says Godfather’s Pizza.”

“Thank you.” I thanked her before taking her directions down the street.

Before too long I had reached a brick building that had a large green sign above it that said ‘Godfather’s Pizza’. I took a deep breath before walking inside and instantly smelling the aroma of food. A slightly pudgy man walked out of the kitchen with a sour look on his face.

“Can I help you?” He asked.

“Um are you Murphy?” I questioned.

He whipped his hands on the white apron he was wearing and nodded, “Who wants to know?”

“Um I’m Tanya….and um I’m supposed to wait here for Shadows, Vengeance, and Christ.” I said a bit unsure.

He took the apron off and tossed it on the counter before locking the front door and flipping off the open sign. I gulped and became a bit afraid of what could happen now.

“So you’re the famous Tanya. I first met you when you were just a little baby, god damn you look like so much like my daughter.” Murphy smiled.

I stared at him, “You’re my grandpa?”

He nodded, “I’m your grandfather, sweetheart. Now come upstairs so Helen can get a look at you.”

“Who’s Helen?” I asked following him up the stairs.

“Your grandmother.”

I wondered why I hadn’t ever heard anything about them, now all of a sudden their being brought into my life. Maybe they could tell me what happened to my mother, maybe they could tell me more about her, maybe they could tell me about Jimmy.