Status: I Have A Virus. No Updates For A Little. Sorry :\

Keeping His Secret

Chapter 8

I sat on the edge of my bed watching as Slade walked into my room. His hair was wet from the shower he had just taken, matching my hair. Slade wore a pair of my sweat pants, as did I, while our clothes tossed and turned in the laundry machine.

His little game at a messy ending, to say the least.

Slade wasn’t wearing a shirt.

He walked over to where I sat, lying down next to me. He closed his eyes, throwing an arm over top of them.

“What a waste of water.”

“Slade… I’m not showering with you. Ever.” I emphasized the last word, keeping my distance from him.

He had put up a fair fight to try to get me to shower with him to ‘conserve water’. I was shocked enough about what had just happened only a half an hour ago. There was absolutely no way I was getting into a shower naked with Slade.

“You say that now…”

“I mean it!”

He chuckled, “Will you give me a foot massage?”

I blinked, surprised by the subject change. “Uh…”

“Is that a yes?”

“It’s a no.”

He groaned.

I laughed once, unsure of what to say. A silence fell between us, the tension thick in the air. I wasn’t sure where we stood now. He had caused me to jizz my pants. A man I barely knew created that reaction from me.

What the hell was that supposed to mean?

“Slade?” I asked softly, breaking the barrier of silence.

“Hmm?” He sounded tired.

“Will you tell me something?”

“What is it?”

“Why did you wait eight years before you visited again? What happened that caused the wait to be so long?”

“Why do you want to know?” He smirked, “Miss me?”

I narrowed my eyes at him, but of course, he couldn’t see with his own being covered by his arm, “Not funny. I’m just curious. It seems like you randomly appeared in my life again. Just like the first time.”

“Maybe I wanted to surprise you.”

“Will you please tell me?”

Slade sat up, his expression serious, “If I tell you, you’ll be disgusted with me.”

“No I won’t.”

“You’ll be disturbed, freaked out. You won’t want me to touch you ever.” He sighed, running a hand through his hair, “I’m not proud of what I did. I’m not telling you what it was.”

Hesitantly, I rested my hand on his knee. His eyes flickered over to my intimate touch.

“I’m sure it’s not as bad as you’re saying it is.”

He shook his head, “Trust me. It is.”

“Come on.” I begged, curiosity beginning to tickle in the back of my skull. I suddenly found my interest level increasing with his resistance.

He looked up meeting my eyes, “I’ll tell you where I was, but I’m not telling you why I was there. Deal?”

I sighed, “For now.”

He shook his head, “No. Deal. Forever. It’s that or I’m not even going to bother talking about this again.”

“….Fine.”

Slade took a deep breath, staring at the opposite side of the room, “I’ve been in jail for the past eight years.”

My eyes widened with shock, “What? Why?”

He chuckled, shaking his head softly, “I thought I just told you I wasn’t going to tell you the reason for it.”

“Damn.” I cussed.

Slade chuckled, “You’re a cutie, Danny.”

“Shut up.” I felt my cheeks heat up.

“It’s not something to be ashamed of.”

“Will you please tell me someday?” I asked softly, “I promise I won’t care if you slit someone’s throat and stuffed their body in the cellar of your house or anything.”

“I didn’t do anything like that.”

“Then it’s not as bad as you think it is! So you can tell me what happened!”

He sighed, “I’m not telling you. Drop it. I’m not proud of it. It’s one of the worst things I’ve ever done.”

“Slade… you broke into my house when I was eight and molested me. How much worse can that be?”

He rolled his eyes, “Plenty worse.”

I leaned back on my bed, groaning with defeat, “Fine, fine. I quit. I won’t ask you what happened anymore.”

“Thanks baby” He pressed his lips against mine briefly. “Now let me ask you something personal.”

I bit my lip, “Go ahead…”

“Still think you’re not gay?”

I nodded hesitantly, unsure where he was going with this.

He chuckled, “I’ll make that change by the end of the night.”

My eyes widened, “No, no, no. I’ve had more than enough of your games for one night. I’m more than good.”

Slade moved his hand onto my leg, chuckling deeply, “You’re so innocent, Danny boy. I can’t wait until I can get rough with you.”

I swallowed nervously.

“Come on. Let’s watch a movie or something.”

I raised an eyebrow, “Why do you want to watch a movie…?”

“So I can give you a handy under the blankets, why else?” His face was teasing, but I sensed seriousness underlying in his tone of voice.

“No thank you….”

“Baby.”

“How long are you staying?”

Slade smirked, “Trying to kick me out so soon?”

“N-no!”

He laughed, wrapping an arm around my shoulders, “Don’t worry, baby, I’m staying for a while. Think of me as your babysitter… with benefits.”

I made a face, “That’s disturbing.”

He shrugged.

“What time is it?”

“Only seven.”

“Oh.”

“We got all night to fuck, darling.” He grinned like an idiot.

“Slade!”

“What?”

I felt my face heat up like a tomato “I’m not doing that kind of thing with you! I’m not homosexual. I’m heterosexual.”

He rolled his eyes, “From the way you were getting into our little…. Dance… it didn’t seem that way.”

“I-I-” I had no response for that.

“Exactly.” He stood up, running a hand through his hair, “Got any whiskey in this house?”

I raised an eyebrow, “No, why?”

“No reason. Just a little thirsty, that’s all.” He shrugged, “After all, it is legal for me to drink whiskey.”

I shook my head, sighing.

“So what’s there to do here?” Slade asked, lying down on the bed next to me. “That you’d like to do, at least.”

“Nothing, really.”

“What do you do?”

I bit my lip, not really wanting to share.

Slade nudged my side, trying to prompt an answer out of me.

“I don’t know.” I mumbled, barely moving my lips. I noticed how Slade strained to hear me when I spoke, but that didn’t affect me.

Slade sighed, clearly bored.

Maybe if I stopped responding, he’d get bored enough to leave.

“Kiss me.”

“What?!”

“Kiss me.” He repeated.

I blinked, not sure what to do. Was this some sort of test? Did I actually want to kiss him? Would he make me anyways?

“I didn’t say freeze-up. I said kiss me.” Slade chuckled.

I didn’t move.

He sighed, “I have to do all the work in this relationship, don’t I, Danny boy?” He moved in as if to kiss me when I stopped him.

“R-relationship?” I stuttered, one hand pressed against his chest. Slade’s face was mere inches from my own, his playful smirk spread across his lips.

“What the hell else am I supposed to call it?”

Good point.

“We-re… we’re not dating though.”

“Don’t mean we don’t have a relationship, baby.”

He pressed his lips roughly against my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
We get a look into Slade's mysterious absence now [: Comments are loved <3