Status: Contest Entry

Sing Me To Sleep

What's happening?

~ ~ ~ R ~ ~ ~

As soon as I woke up, showered and got dressed I raced out the door and jumped in my car. I hope Zee didn’t drink since I know he probably went to that party, he acts like an even bigger idiot than usual. When I made it to his house and parked my car, I found the secret key and let myself in. I opened his door and smiled, he looks so adorable when he’s asleep. With his hair all messy and the covers all over the place and a small smile on his beautiful lips. I sat next to him on the bed and stroked his cheek.

“Neh…Neo come back.” My hand froze and I backed away from him. I sat on the edge of the bed until he woke up. He wiped his eyes and smiled at me.

“Morning Angel.”
“Who’s Neo?” He frowned and scratched his head.
“He was a dog I had…he uh ran away.” I scooted over to him and snuggled into his chest, he wrapped his arms around me.
“Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” He kissed my cheek.

“It’s okay, so why were you watching me sleep?” I blushed and he laughed.
“Well…I thought we could go get breakfast or something.” He smiled and gave me a quick kiss before he got up.
“Sure thing, let me just get ready Cupcake.”

As soon as he was ready, we drove to a small diner, sat hand in hand, and ordered our food. Zamian jumped and banged his knee on the table. He cursed loudly.

“What’s wrong?” He frowned and rubbed his knee while pulling out his phone.
“Ouch. I got a text from my mom; she wants me to call her.” He sighed and stood up. “I’ll be right back.” He quickly kissed me before walking out the front door.

“Why couldn’t he call his mom in here? I’ve already met her.” He walked in five minutes later trying to catch his breath. “Why are you so breathless?” He answered me when he was all better.

“I got chased by some dogs.” My eyes widened and I kissed his cheek.
“Are you okay Babe?” He nodded and we dove into our food as soon as it arrived.

When we made it back to his house we sat on his couch, shoulders touching, but he seemed tense and distracted.

“Zamian, Baby, what’s wrong?”
“Ralan do you ever get tired of things? You don’t ever want something new?”
“What do you mean? I‘m happy the way things are. Aren’t you? ” He sighed.

“Of course I’m happy, but I want change…something different.”
“Like what? You don’t want to be with me anymore?” I looked down sadly.
“NO! That’s not it, I still want to be with you…I just think we should go to the next level, do something new…something rather than just kissing…”

“But-”
“Ralan were not gonna live forever so we might as well make it now.”
“Zamian I-” He pressed his lips roughly against mine and pulled me on top of him. I gasped in shock and he took that opening to shove his tongue into my mouth, which I quickly bit. He pulled away from me.

“Ow! You bit my tongue.” I crossed my arms across my chest.
“You know I’m not ready, so what’s gotten into you? You’ve always been so patient with me.”

“I told you, I need something new! Nothing ever happens here and I’m sick of it.”
“So you’re sick of us?” I crawled off his lap as he sighed.
“That’s not what I meant.” I stood up and walked towards the door with Zamian trailing behind me. “Ralan, Baby, come back. I’m sorry.”

“I’ll just give you some… alone time.” I walked out the door, got in my car and drove away. He never tried to push me before, so what is going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
hmm...